Eva 3.33 music video with soom unseen footage(Up for 24 hours)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Corpex
Embryo

Re: Eva 3.33 music video with soom unseen footage(Up for 24 hours)

•      
  •      

Postby Corpex » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:31 pm

SPOILER: Show

How can this be 3.0 footage? No red at all, birds alive :huh: It´s the second time we see this scene and it doesn´t fit at all.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:38 pm

View Original PostCorpex wrote:How can this be 3.0 footage? No red at all, birds alive :huh: It´s the second time we see this scene and it doesn´t fit at all.

I think one of the Animator Expo short films (the Shiro Sagisu one, forget the title) contained a bunch of storyboards suggesting the existence of a cut sequence involving the children's trek through the wastes. Perhaps the movie was originally slated to end with them making it to the end of the core-osion zone, where the land looks normal and regular lifeforms still exist? And maybe this was cut both for length/pacing and to maintain a sense of mystery about the world outside of Ex-Hakone.

If so... that would have been a HELL of a long walk, right?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:02 pm

Between UYCTM, the movic calendar and the Peaceful TImes storyboards, it looked like they were going to follow a highway or the train tracks out of the contamination zone.

It's really hard to get a sense of the area's geography. It looked like the ruins of the city were down in the eyeball crater and the rest is desolate waste, but there are several shots of the city without the walls of the crater anywhere in sight and the black moon surely destroyed all of that when it rose at the end.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:18 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:If so... that would have been a HELL of a long walk, right?

We simply don't know.

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Between UYCTM, the movic calendar and the Peaceful TImes storyboards, it looked like they were going to follow a highway or the train tracks out of the contamination zone.

There was also a horse in the Peaceful Times material (which is why I had them use horses in my fic).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:58 pm

It's interesting, it would explain why nobody can pick them up over there. If something stays too long in this "contaminated" zone, it eventually turns to core. It probably also applies to living beings.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:26 pm

There's also the L Containment Field keeping them out.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Until you come to me had things where Shinji she looking at the water and saw a parallel of himself and he looked back and Rei was behind him on like a telephone pole or something. It had the birds and stuff in it.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Chainer3000
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chainer3000 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:58 pm

Anyone got a link for those of us who missed it? :)

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:16 pm

I can't link things with this phone but it should still be on YouTube. Just type in until you come to me Danny Boy.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:03 am

That's not the video we're (mainly) talking about here - though some of the footage is in both.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

BlackKnight
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BlackKnight » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:14 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:That's not the video we're (mainly) talking about here - though some of the footage is in both.

Can you post or PM the link?

PauloPT90
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PauloPT90 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:51 pm

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:38 pm

It seems rather disingenuous to put below that video "NOTE TO YOUTUBE: THIS VIDEO IS PURELY FAN-MADE AND IS IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH THE MUSICAL ARTIST IN ANY WAY!" when the official video was the only source of some of the video clips and the audio is also the original.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Until You Come to Me has a few shots of the beach and Rei Q standing on that coastal road with wrecked ships. After comparing that to a map of the region, I'd hazard a guess that the Children head east and end up somewhere on the coast of Sagami Bay. Those wrecked ships could be remnants of the 7th Angel's attack!

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:11 pm

So there were slightly new images from this music video then? Anyone notice the first shot of they sky, doesn't matter if it's new or not because it look beautiful. If 3.0+1.0 opened up with that it be pretty cool.

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Image

I've gotta thank you for pointing this out. I didn't realize this myself, and this is kinda huge from a story perspective if Rei did actually pick it up.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Chainer3000
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chainer3000 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:38 pm

Thank you! Nobody else had a link to it and I was having trouble finding this video elsewhere. I knew EvaGeeks was the only place to turn to besides maybe the SubReddit.

Edit: very beautiful song and the footage was great. A lot of it was rehashed from the other anime expo music video and cuts from the bluray of the film / the making of featurette, but it was great to see the few cuts I never saw before.

This coupled with Anno confirming that he is back and fully focused and hard at work on 4.0 is the best Eva related news we had in a long, long time.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:05 am

View Original PostChainer3000 wrote:Thank you! Nobody else had a link to it and I was having trouble finding this video elsewhere.

You don't seem to realise you had a PM about this yesterday (it's against forum rules to publish links to copyright materials other than selections under "fair use").

shinhito
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby shinhito » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:30 am

Just to keep everything in one place, they posted the video on Hikaru Utada's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCnM4sUQ67Y

Until you come to me had some versions of these scenes (The double helix debris floating into the sky was definitely a memorable one) but the scenes used in the music video has less of the "sketchy" style of the 'Until You Come to Me' short and it has a more "professional" finished look to the scenes that appeared in the short.

I wish they still had the Animator Expo shorts still up because I would do a series of comparison screenshots. If anyone has a link to 'Until You Come to Me' that would be awesome.
He then played every song from 1993. The crowd applauded as he curtsied bashfully.
Your eyelashes tickled my neck, with every nervous blink. And it was perfect, until the telephone started ringing

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:11 pm

Found this it has some of the unused footage as well as some new stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKN6TS9sAdc
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:25 pm

That's until You come to me from the Japan Anime Expo - it has been mentioned a couple of times above.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”