Street Fighter 5 announced for PS4 and PC

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:30 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Maybe this means we'll get Karin or a few other of the old cast back as DLC down the road.

more like as a part of the initial cast there was a apparent leak last month saying that Karin, R. Mika, Alex and Urien will be a part of the initial roster and with R. Mika being revealed I'd say its safe to assume the other three will be in
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpuvqcJePrg

:facepalm:

You too Capcom? You too?

This has not been a good week for sexy characters.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:16 am

View Original PostRay wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpuvqcJePrg

:facepalm:

You too Capcom? You too?

If it's really about trying to keep the same T rating that SF has always had as the video discusses, I think it's fair. But given everything else shown in the video I find it funny that a low angle and a closeup on a butt-slap are what pushes it over the line. :lol:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Street Fighter 5 announced for PS4 and PC

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:46 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/09/street-fighter-v-producer-explains-why-some-of-its-cinematics-were-changed/#MVp6lWxM6xEGzY2P.01
So how long is this going to keep going on?
No really look i said i would avoid talking about my stances on things in the skype chat but seriously, TF, this is becoming a trend now and its annoying the everliving shit out of me.

Censoring T&A should not be a thing, censorship (and yes this IS censorship because the producer contradicted himself in the same damn sentence) in general should not be a thing but all that has to happen nowadays is some dumb bitch on tumblr screaming "misogyny!" and suddenly out it goes because "something something, male gaze"
Hey guess what? I'm a girl and im also a lesbian and I LIKE a bit of fan-service once in a while, I like tits and ass and thats OK, as long as it doesn't clash with the character or the story (Quiet) then fan-service rarely ever bothers me and if it bothers you fine but dont try to take it away because there are people other than you that actually like that shit.

Really hoping this whole SJW (yeah i said the word, sue me) thing just stops sometime soon because now its affecting my hobbies and I am in no mood to deal with that.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:00 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Really hoping this whole SJW (yeah i said the word, sue me) thing just stops sometime soon because now its affecting my hobbies and I am in no mood to deal with that.

Don't complain about it too much. Simply stating a contradictory viewpoint means you're part of a harassment campaign.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:17 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Censoring T&A should not be a thing, censorship (and yes this IS censorship because the producer contradicted himself in the same damn sentence) in general should not be a thing

Seems more like they were aiming for a particular breadth of market and felt they went a bit too far and needed to course-correct. Yeah it's about not making certain people uncomfortable but I think it's because they want kids to play and don't want their parents getting mad.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:33 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Seems more like they were aiming for a particular breadth of market and felt they went a bit too far and needed to course-correct. Yeah it's about not making certain people uncomfortable but I think it's because they want kids to play and don't want their parents getting mad.

Sounds about right. You don't need SJWs to explain this: it's all about making money, and ass slaps and blatant crotch shots will have parents saying "no" double quick. So you do what you have to to keep the parents happy, because the spice must flow.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:37 pm

Firstly the ass slap is an actual wrestling taunt in Japan and secondly that crotch shot move? again based on an actual move used in Japanese wrestling, yes its fanservice too but it has a damn point at least.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:40 pm

Anyone who would be offended by such content isn't going to buy the game in the first place regardless, and so there is literally nothing to gain from such actions. Hell, let them protest, that's free advertising!
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:45 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Firstly the ass slap is an actual wrestling taunt in Japan and secondly that crotch shot move? again based on an actual move used in Japanese wrestling, yes its fanservice too but it has a damn point at least.

C'mon, Rose; do you think puritanical parents care about that? Again, it's all about making money. Doesn't matter if the reasoning is sound, if it means the title's more likely to make money you do it.

(I say this as someone who prefers the unedited versions of both scenes, btw; I like my fanservice as much as anyone, and SF is pretty good about dishing it out with the guys as well as the girls, so I'm mostly okay with it.)

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Anyone who would be offended by such content isn't going to buy the game in the first place regardless, and so there is literally nothing to gain from such actions. Hell, let them protest, that's free advertising!

Uh, have you met the "think of the children!" crowd? I don't know about Japan, but in the U.S. parents are much more okay with copious amounts of violence than they are with even the tiniest bit of sexuality. This is exactly the sort of thing that's meant to appease them.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:13 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Uh, have you met the "think of the children!" crowd?

Yes. Guess what? Parents like that tend to be against video games in general, so again not really a problem because they aren't a meaningful pool of potential customers in the first place. Who cares what they think?
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:44 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Yes. Guess what? Parents like that tend to be against video games in general,

Not true IME. IME they don't care much about fighting games, but get up in arms about games featuring any sort of sexuality.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:49 pm

My experience differs. Don't know what else to tell you.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:04 pm

And the company has their own experience, backed up most likely by some level of market research and bolstered by a financial stake in the decision.
System Administrator

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:08 pm

As I said, the spice must flow.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:55 pm

I've seen no mention of internet campaigns complaining about the contents of the game or anything of the sort, seems plausible that Capcom decided to do it for their own reasons and not because of external pressure. Getting an ESRB rating of mature instead of teen can make a difference, and Street Fighter has always been rated teen. Maybe they thought they were leaning a bit too close to stuff like Dead or Alive, which routinely gets mature ratings.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:46 am

Then the real question is why the hell the ESRB thinks a little fanservice is worth a mature rating.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:48 am

That's a separate issue that goes way beyond SJW activism, though. Different problem, similar symptoms.

As an aside, this isn't the only way Cammy's been changed in SF V; her character model has changed as well, and this one was due to fan complaints:

http://kotaku.com/after-complaints-stre ... 1727915517

I think it's a shame, IMO, since the original character model looked a lot more like a real person to me (and a recognizably Anglo one, at that), but Japanese fans were not impressed. Ah well.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:23 am

Oh from the looks of all this, Crapcom strikes again?

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:39 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Then the real question is why the hell the ESRB thinks a little fanservice is worth a mature rating.

Sure, but that's on the ESRB, not on Capcom.

Bagheera wrote:As an aside, this isn't the only way Cammy's been changed in SF V; her character model has changed as well, and this one was due to fan complaints:

http://kotaku.com/after-complaints-stre ... 1727915517

I think it's a shame, IMO, since the original character model looked a lot more like a real person to me (and a recognizably Anglo one, at that), but Japanese fans were not impressed. Ah well.

Wow, apparently it's "kawaii or bust" in Japan. Anyway, it appears that the face change is a thing unique to the alternate costume, the original face seems to still be in the game.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”