Other Evangelion communities?

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:18 pm

I think you understood most of it.

They're saying Anno hates Rei as a character, and he hates her fans too. So he took away the Rei they liked (Rei II) and replaced her with a boring doll (Rei Q) as an insult aimed directly at the fans personally. They think Anno is punishing them because they like Rei. They're just greatly exaggerating it by saying Rei Q's existence is a crime equal to or worse than the Holocaust.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:57 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:They're just greatly exaggerating it by saying Rei Q's existence is worse than the Nazis.

NGE did it the same way without preservation of Rei II in Unit 01. Everything Q did is the same thing with NGE. All this Rei-butthurt - her Arc of the illusion (under death) is what makes the self-fullfillment the way it is. >muh Rei is all they scream about (and i remember Kendrix also talking about that). But they got 2 movies dedicated to Rei. This is what pissed me off about the rebuilds - that they throwed the best female character from the show into the trash. Asuka is best girl, period.

Anno didn't like the way Rei was precieved by the audience (and this is no secret). And Anno did like Asuka (maybe) the most - so why the sudden change? And why the sudden twist with Q? Because Anno really don't like them. It's maybe not so exaggerating as they claim it to be but people like Kendrix were disappointed and devastated by Q. Which i find ironically funny because NGE did it the same way (especially because Rei III was not even a love interest for Shinji in NGE).

SPOILER: Show
I really hate Rei-fans for that reason. They all complain about trivial stuff but her character-arc is always fullfilled (by not acting like a doll/elevator scene in Ha). And the closer look to Asuka (which got BTFO as love interest) makes it all the more heartbreaking (because her Arc never fullfilled itself with Integrity like it used to be). :irked:
She was always cut short - less screen-time in the Rebuild and NGE as ambiguous as it gets. So why do Rei-fans actually complaining? Asuka-fans aren't even complaining at this point. This really makes me angry.

I bet FINAL/3.0+1.0 will be in favour of Rei. :rolleyes:
"Shinji repeatedly rises to the occasion, overcomes his own doubts and fears and puts others ahead of himself to the point of self harm. The situation overwhelms him. Victory does not define a hero. Intent does. He breaks at the end, but after inhuman, overwhelming, borderline comedic suffering." - Chuckman talking about Shinji as a hero
Final Fantasy 7 gets a remake. I hope it doesn't goes the same way NTE did.
Plus I kinda want to be done with this franchise for a while and concentrate on other things in life. - Guy Nacks

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:44 pm

The topic of this thread is "Other Evangelion communities?", not Rei Ayanami.

Please stay on topic.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:58 pm

Outside of Evageeks, I think the Eva subreddit is one of the better communities you'll find, for reasons Eva Monkey outlined on the previous page. It doesn't have the same kind of ongoing in-depth discussions Evageeks does, but it is a pretty chill place to just chat about the series with other people and to introduce new fans to the material. I've been hanging out there for a couple months now and I've found it quite agreeable so far.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:03 pm

I do have a related question: are any other communities as, well, neutral as people seem to be here? Here it seems all the characters have their advocates, and the same with any pairing you can name. But I've noticed that Tumblr seems to be overwhelmed with LKS and actively hostile toward anyone who isn't on board, and the same with LRS and 4chan. Is Reddit pretty chill about this? Do different chans lean one way or the other? What about MyAnimeList or other anime boards?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:08 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:the same with LRS and 4chan.
Not in any /a/ I've visited -- the shitflinging there is entirely equal opportunity.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:10 pm

My brief time on tumblr (In 2011 or 2012) though it seemed to be overwhelmingly LKS, the fans themselves seemed mostly open to whoever people liked. http://17th-angel.tumblr.com/ was pretty cool. (IIRC, she's a fellow chick.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:06 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:There's the Eva Mailing List, I suppose, though the most recent archived posts are from 3/2015.

Yeah, Gwern especially has some interesting things to say in there.

Bagheera wrote:AWL left because of exactly one radical, and we banned his ass for three years as a result. Virtually no one on the forum at the time was happy with that situation, and for good reason

For the record I think Hal had a point or two, but the way he went about delivering it was terrible. Just because you disagree with others is no reason to be uncivil about it.

are any other communities as, well, neutral as people seem to be here?

Heh... from outsiders' perspectives Evageeks has a reputation for being overrun by rabid Asuka/Shinji shippers.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:39 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote: But I've noticed that Tumblr seems to be overwhelmed with LKS and actively hostile toward anyone who isn't on board, and the same with LRS and 4chan. Is Reddit pretty chill about this?

Seem to be. The occasional "X is worst girl/a shit" posts that crop up are always downvoted into oblivion by the time I see them.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:40 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Heh... from outsiders' perspectives Evageeks has a reputation for being overrun by rabid Asuka/Shinji shippers.

Yeah, but in our case it doesn't really hold up. I mean, look at that Tumblr page SSD linked a while back and compare it to our pics thread. We occasionally get a glut of LAS pics, but it's a lot more often that we get solo pics, and those are of Rei as often as anyone else. And as I recall there are a loooooot of Rei fans here. They're just quiet, like their waifu. :wink:
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Butterscotch
Adam

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby Butterscotch » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:32 am

I'm quite curious if there are other Evangelion online communities. I follow a good few Evangelion pages on Tumblr but rarely engage with anyone, just look at images. I'd hate it if dedicated forums died and everyone used facebook (which I thought were the way things are going.) You can't beat the old school forums.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:And as I recall there are a loooooot of Rei fans here. They're just quiet, like their waifu. :wink:

That's adorable. :p
http://cairdiuil.deviantart.com/
https://www.facebook.com/cairduels

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Re:

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:37 am

View Original PostButterscotch wrote:I'm quite curious if there are other Evangelion online communities. I follow a good few Evangelion pages on Tumblr but rarely engage with anyone, just look at images. I'd hate it if dedicated forums died and everyone used facebook (which I thought were the way things are going.) You can't beat the old school forums.

Pretty much just the ones already stated in the thread at the moment. EvaMade only really exists as a facebook group now and it doesn't really have much in the way of discussion on it mostly just people posting pics from time to time.

I go on the Eva SubReddit a bit, I do post there but it's infrequent. As far as actual discussions go this place or the SubReddit tend to be the best places.

I do use Tumblr a lot though, as well as my main blog I run an AsuShin blog and I help run the Project Eva blog on there.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Re: Other Evangelion communities?

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:29 am

View Original PostButterscotch wrote:I'm quite curious if there are other Evangelion online communities. I follow a good few Evangelion pages on Tumblr but rarely engage with anyone, just look at images. I'd hate it if dedicated forums died and everyone used facebook (which I thought were the way things are going.) You can't beat the old school forums.

The only forum like Evageeks that I know about is Rebuildofevangelion.org. Pwhodges summed it up best.

pwhodges wrote:There was another modest-sized forum ("Revolution of Evangelion") that was started by V (for those who remember him). That died a couple of years back when V left the fandom following the release of Q. Some other members started a successor which remains very small, but there are several members who run panels at cons, and do a regular Eva discussion podcast as well. I am somewhat active there, as is one other EGF member.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Butterscotch
Adam

Re: Re:

•      
  •      

Postby Butterscotch » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:40 am

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:
I go on the Eva SubReddit a bit, I do post there but it's infrequent. As far as actual discussions go this place or the SubReddit tend to be the best places.

I do use Tumblr a lot though, as well as my main blog I run an AsuShin blog and I help run the Project Eva blog on there.

Awh cool! I might check out the Eva subReddit sometime.
http://cairdiuil.deviantart.com/
https://www.facebook.com/cairduels

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:49 am

I wouldn't recommend it. There's a lot of NTE hate over there and arguments have been known to balloon to ludicrous sizes without proper moderation over sometimes the most trivial of subjects
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:41 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:I wouldn't recommend it. There's a lot of NTE hate over there and arguments have been known to balloon to ludicrous sizes without proper moderation over sometimes the most trivial of subjects

Are you sure you're not thinking of Eva Geeks?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:44 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Are you sure you're not thinking of Eva Geeks?

That describes pretty much any online forum these days, including those that do have proper moderation.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:46 pm

The Internet makes every opinion of equal weight and value, and so no one has any reason to restrain themselves from giving one.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:40 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Are you sure you're not thinking of Eva Geeks?

Eva Geeks thankfully has members like NemZ, Sachi and Tines to keep things (somewhat) stable. On Reddit, I've seen arguments get as out-of-control as a YouTube comment section
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:31 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:On Reddit, I've seen arguments get as out-of-control as a YouTube comment section

You must be thinking of other subreddits. If things were as reprehensibly bad as you imply, I'm sure I would have seen some reported posts, threads, or mod mail. As a moderator for both Eva Geeks and r/evangelion, I see way, way more conduct issues on Eva Geeks. r/evangelion has been much more pleasant experience for me.

Return to “Fan Works”