Favorite crazy Evangelion theories

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:28 pm

View Original PostHeaven Piercing Man wrote:Though I LOLed when people came up with nonsense like "Mark.06 is TV Eva 01 because forehead hole = Sachiel head-stab" or "Movie Kaworu is TV Shinji"

TV Shinji is Rebuild Adam and TV Asuka is Rebuild Lilith.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:20 am

View Original PostHeaven Piercing Man wrote:Though I LOLed when people came up with nonsense like "Mark.06 is TV Eva 01 because forehead hole = Sachiel head-stab" or "Movie Kaworu is TV Shinji"

The first came from the hole on the forehead of Mark.06's mask, but if you look closely, you can notice that there are another symmetrical hole on the left side of its face, meaning that both holes are an integral part of the mask.
The second comes from Kaworu calling Gendo "father" in 2.0, in addition with all of the "I'm eager to meet you again" and the "This time I will make you happy" that gave so much fuel to the sequel theory camp.

View Original PostChuckman wrote:TV Shinji is Rebuild Adam and TV Asuka is Rebuild Lilith.

You're serious, there was really a theory like that?! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SimplyMason0 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:36 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:You have misspelled "awesome".

The girls are clearly clones, though. All of them.

I actually would see Anno making Mari Asuka's mom as a way to get back at fans for pairing them up. However knowing how the other board is like, it will back fire heavily.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:14 am

Final will utterly demolish the fourth wall, with Mari revealing that her true purpose is to destroy the Evangelion franchise, Asuka finally bothering to ask why her surname got changed, and the true villain of the piece being unmasked as Black Space Lord, who is actually Anno.

Also, one day After the End will get an animated adaptation.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:23 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:The first came from the hole on the forehead of Mark.06's mask, but if you look closely, you can notice that there are another symmetrical hole on the left side of its face, meaning that both holes are an integral part of the mask.
The second comes from Kaworu calling Gendo "father" in 2.0, in addition with all of the "I'm eager to meet you again" and the "This time I will make you happy" that gave so much fuel to the sequel theory camp.

I know where they came from, but in Ep 02 Eva-01 clearly regenerated its eye! It's like these theorists have no memory.

Regarding Kaworu, am I the only one who took the "father" line was "The father", as in Shinji's father, which coupled with his overall Shinji obsession makes sense? "I'll meet you again" and "this time i'll make you happy" are obvious fodder for the sequel theory, but these lines mostly point to the idea of "Kaworu is same from continuity to continuity".[/quote]
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:31 pm

If there is a part of truth in the sequel theory, Kaworu is probably the only one subjected to it.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:43 pm

View Original PostSimplyMason0 wrote:I actually would see Anno making Mari Asuka's mom as a way to get back at fans for pairing them up. However knowing how the other board is like, it will back fire heavily.

It would also mean Shinji and Asuka are both hot for clones of their moms.

Which is hot.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Violet Shadow
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Violet Shadow » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:08 pm

Pen Pen is able to pilot an EVA unit and he's secretly the 19th Angel.
If love can hurt then hate can surely save.

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Penpen is the Wunder.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:58 am

View Original PostViolet Shadow wrote:Pen Pen is able to pilot an EVA unit and he's secretly the 19th Angel.

WTF? :lol:

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:59 am

That theory that the FOIs were sperm trying to fertilise Lilith, who was considered a giant egg for this theory for some reason.

Also that time someone theorised Fuyutsuki might be Shinji's father.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:32 am

Evangelion isn't about depression at all. It's about the creative process, and making anime. SEELE represents the financial guys trying to take control of the process. Asuka represents the bitchy, self-absorbed audience that treats the creator's vision like it's their personal property and gets mad at it when it doesn't do what they want. Shinji represents actors, constantly whining and moaning about how hard their part is while everyone else does the real work and suffering. Rei is the production crew, all the guys to whom this is just a job.
the prophecy is true

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:42 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Evangelion isn't about depression at all. It's about the creative process, and making anime. SEELE represents the financial guys trying to take control of the process. Asuka represents the bitchy, self-absorbed audience that treats the creator's vision like it's their personal property and gets mad at it when it doesn't do what they want. Shinji represents actors, constantly whining and moaning about how hard their part is while everyone else does the real work and suffering. Rei is the production crew, all the guys to whom this is just a job.

Where you guys find this stuff?

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:55 am

Then Anno is Gendo, who treats everyone as tool for his overblown grand phylosophy and only one proper course? :D
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:01 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Where you guys find this stuff?

I made it up just now. I actually think it's valid.
the prophecy is true

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:03 pm

There's so much:
    *The "Asuka is pregnant"-theory (Shinji's sperm somehow got, through her underwear into her “lady parts” when he wanked (just like the fans that created that theory) over her. That's why she said "disgusting" (she’s ill because of the pregnancy))

*The "Rebuild is a sequel"-theory (i guess everyone knows why)

*Nearly everything including Pen²

*(to me) everything that tries to takes EVA waaaay to serious (Meaning of Life, own religion, several pseudo high-class-interpretations)

*End of TV makes sense

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SimplyMason0 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:26 pm

There is actually a theory that Asuka did get pregnant during the mindfuck sex in EoE where Asuka and Shinji are naked. I think I did hear that the final line(or scrapped final line) was based on pregnancy. Not sure if thats 100% however I do know that the final line we got was based on the VA's reaction to Shinji's masturbation.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:43 pm

The pregnancy thing comes from the American adaptation crew. It isn't support anywhere in the text.

The "sex" scene in Instrumentality wasn't exactly loving and intimate.

Asuka felt sick because she was just torn apart by giant monsters and reconstituted with stigmata from her injuries. Also, so Shinji could hold her hair while she pukes immediately after the fade to black, which is the purest and holiest sign of love between man and woman.
the prophecy is true

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

The dumbest conclusions

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:20 pm

What are the most bizzare, least well thought out, and just plain stupid conclusions you have found after reading upon EVA (over)analysis?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:21 pm

That the girl on the beach at the end was somehow a combination of Asuka, Misato, and Rei.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”