Evangelion Holy Sites to visit in Japan?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

Evangelion Holy Sites to visit in Japan?

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Tue May 26, 2015 9:20 am

Hey there a very long time lurker who never had a reason to post so I made an account. I'll be taking my first trip to Japan in August and I've been having fun planning otaku spots in my trip. There are certain things such as a bar Akagi played mahjong in, a castle Kinnikuman wrestled in, the batting cages from Ichi the Killer, the 1/1 Gundam etc. etc. However, I was wondering if anyone knows of any Evangelion sites? I'm hitting up the Eva store obviously but is there anything else more special? Thanks for the help, sorry for the silly question.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 26, 2015 1:20 pm

Hakone, of course. And Fujiland Q with Eva World. :asuka_thumbsup:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Tue May 26, 2015 4:03 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Hakone, of course. And Fujiland Q with Eva World. :asuka_thumbsup:

I did some research on Fujiland Q and it looks amazing! I mean Safari Park alone before any Evangelion stuff! I can a pet a Kangaroo?! Thank you so much for this, it's in the itinerary now!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 26, 2015 5:20 pm

Hope to go there (Japan) myself someday. Enjoy yourself! Do post pics and write about your experiences when you get back for sure.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

holomuran
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby holomuran » Wed May 27, 2015 7:22 pm

The Eva store is great, I am sure you will love it. I still have my Rebuild shirt and SEELE mug from that place, plus Ramiel ice cube trays. I was going to buy a Tree of Life Zippo lighter but it probably wouldn't have made it past customs. I didn't actually know it was there until I visited the area and I was so excited I ... okay you get the idea.
Watch them unravel you, pulling everything apart...

Riotgear
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Riotgear » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:23 pm

I've been working on a map of locations featured in Evangelion. I used the "Hakone Instrumentality Map" iOS app as a starting point, but have added other locations not featured in the app. It's still a work in progress, but it has all the major known locations that you can actually visit in Hakone.

I also tweet about Eva locations. You can find them by searching the hashtag #EvaIRL, or follow me @Nerv2015AD - it's an ongoing series! :)

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”