Scenes that make you happy

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:41 am

^ There is A LOT I admire about Anno's abilities to tell a story that makes me happy. Somedays I look at EoE and dream of making something like it.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:16 pm

The Aquarium scene in 2.0 has to be my favorite scene in the Rebuilds, it's fun finally seeing Shinji actually make progress.

. . . then the crap hit the fan and 3.0 happened.

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:18 pm

Speaking of EoE, I can't believe this thread was allowed to reach two pages without mention of this:
SPOILER: Show

Just the existence of NGE and EoE have brought me more happiness than most other things in the world, but the family photo is sort of the one image that pops into my mind whenever I think of Eva. Even the first time I watched EoE and was a little taken aback by certain things this image still made me feel pretty good.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

GT-One
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GT-One » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:35 am

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:

While that picture's not new to me, I'm still trying to remember now, at which point of the movie it actually did appear. Seems like I've been an inattentive viever of EoE. :huh:
"Feelings of love are just a temporary lapse in judgement. Like a mental illness." - Haruhi Suzumiya
"Is that supposed to be funny?" - Kyon

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:13 am

^Right before GNR dies, when Shinji is saying something on the lines of "At the time I thought my feelings were real."

That is paraphrasing I can't remeber the excat line, but it's Shinji remebering good times with everyone, and something I forgot about too.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:29 am

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:That is paraphrasing I can't remeber the excat line, but it's Shinji remebering good times with everyone, and something I forgot about too.

It was a very memorable line, and it pops up in my own thoughts about things when I reminisce on them. Mostly it's a reminder to myself to have empathy for myself -- for my past self. To recognize that just because my feelings are bad right now, it doesn't mean that my happiness in the past wasn't real, and reminds me that I will be happy again.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

FullMetalBiscuit
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetalBiscuit » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:13 pm

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:Speaking of EoE, I can't believe this thread was allowed to reach two pages without mention of this:

Just the existence of NGE and EoE have brought me more happiness than most other things in the world, but the family photo is sort of the one image that pops into my mind whenever I think of Eva. Even the first time I watched EoE and was a little taken aback by certain things this image still made me feel pretty good.

I wish that Rei was visible in that picture, but it makes sense why she's hidden.

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:17 pm

What's that metal bar in the middle of the frame? It looks like the barrel of a rifle or something, but that doesn't make any sense. What the hell is it?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:21 pm

Top of a (soft) guitar case?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:21 pm

The scene in episode 17 where Hikari is fumbling her words and blushing at Toji as school is closing down and he just got to eat lunch. I always consider them to be the most underused canon couple in the series that should've received screen time in the final episodes.

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:12 am

Pretty much all of Episode 19. Especially Kaji's pep talk to Shinji. The whole thing was pretty heart warming to me, bc even when everyone had given up on Shinji, even himself, Kaji still had faith in him.Also seeing Shinji pretty much give his middle finger to his father and Nerv, when he takes it upon himself to go back and pilot unit 01 and pretty much kick ass. Also Unit 01 resisting the dummy plug and not letting Rei pilot it was pretty perfect too, the whole episode just basically showing that Shinji is destined to be a pilot, whether he likes it or not. IDK i guess seeing Shinji getting some respect and justice was pretty badass and awesome to me.
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

Cosmo11
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cosmo11 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:17 pm

The Matarael and Sahaquiel (both versions) fights. Mostly because it shows all pilots working together and that they're both before everything goes to hell.

Janoski
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Janoski » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:10 am

The last scene at EoE made me squeal for some reason.

vhd26
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby vhd26 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:14 am

Every scene that starts with this theme: http://youtu.be/cSULVLdCo58

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:48 pm

Any comedic scene makes me happy. The pre-ending scene (?) in EoE is the most uplifting shit ever conceived (starting with the live action sequence).
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:20 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:The "I'm So Fucked Up" scene does make me happy.

1. Because a filmmaker has the balls to open their film with an announcement that pronounced & definitive. With one scene you know exactly what "End of Evangelion" is going to be! It's not going to be a fan-friendly, going for the easy win type experience. It's gonna be aggressive, confrontational, risky & focused. The kind of films I love.

2. Narrative aside, based on the amount of gross fan art that exists, the fact that a filmmaker is holding up a mirror to certain members of the audience & saying "You think this is okay?", is INCREDIBLE!

Man, do I love 'End of Evangelion'!

I love the scene too, but I interpret it very differently. I see it as a statement about what self-loathing can do to people.

A scene that makes me happy, I suppose, is the final scene in Episode 26; right after the "slice of life" sequence. I keep looping that scene in the hopes that I'll eventually take the characters' advice to heart.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:11 am

*The part of Hedgehog's Dilemma when Shinji wanders. This is ironic. It took me many watches to realize that he isn't feeling the same. Even so, I doubt that he feels unexquisite on the mountainside.
*When Rei smiles. :heart:
*Shinji and Kaworu in the bath.
*"That from someone who uses cats to fill the holes in her own life". I find it far more amusing than I can account for.
*Asuka's aristeia.
*Rei und Kaworu bleiben meine Freuden and the following death of Instrumentality.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

LukeMM95
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby LukeMM95 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:01 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:*"That from someone who uses cats to fill the holes in her own life". I find it far more amusing than I can account for.

The look that Ritsuko gives after that line is what sells it. Like she's thinking: "Low blow, bitch!" :lol:
"Even just the sight of you gets on my nerves!" - Asuka Langley Soryu
"Because I'm just like you?" - Shinji Ikari

KobayashiRiku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KobayashiRiku » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:33 pm

Hmm, lets see.

-Rei's smile (both TV and Rebuild, with Rebuild edging out just a hair)
-The Part of 2.0 where Shinji God-Modes to save Rei (Possibly the one time I've appreciated Spike Spencer vs Megumi Ogata. Because "I want Rei, GIVE HER BACK! Just gets me better than "Give me Back Ayanami!") The Shinji/Rei-shipper in me cried Manly Tears {Figuratively}. Also, Shinji's single most badass moment in all of anything Evangelion.
-End of Evangelion when Shinji chokes Asuka during Instrumentality, because you can only take so much abuse.
-When Shinji tells everyone in WILLE to basically $%^& Off in 3.0. Why you ask? Because these people just strap a bomb on his neck and treat him like crap, without so much as an explanation other than he God-Moded in 2.0

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:14 pm

Conclusion of episode 7 was pretty sweet.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”