The Elder Scrolls Saga Thread

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Dignity for an old man  SPOILER: Show

I slew old Titus with YOL TOR SHUUL. A warrior's death.

This desk is very big  SPOILER: Show

Fuck. These. Things.  SPOILER: Show
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:03 am

RIP Titus II. A good dude but on the wrong side of history, just like Tullius.

:tongue:

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:00 pm

Anyone who stands in front of me is on the wrong side of history. I killed fifteen people just to get the name of the Gourmet from that one chef in Markarth.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Lorkhan
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Lorkhan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:43 pm

That's usually how things end when it comes to the PC's.

^^To be fair, we actually have no idea how his death is going to be viewed down in Cyrodiil. The Elder Council seems shady, but I couldn't tell you how they're going to play it up. Maybe its some desperate gambit to make him a martyr and unite Cyrodiil, or they're all a bunch of corrupt toadies trying to seize power for themselves and the Empire promptly collapses. Titus is going to be dead at any rate.
"Oh Aka, for our shared madness I do this! I watch you watching me watching you back!"

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:59 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Anyone who stands in front of me is on the wrong side of history. I killed fifteen people just to get the name of the Gourmet from that one chef in Markarth.

BTW, Save the Dark Brotherhood does allow you to get everyone out of there once the Penitatus hits the shack.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:27 pm

You misunderstand. I wasn't trying to save anyone.

I went to the chef. I asked him who the Gourmet was. He told me. I killed him. Two people in his chef room saw me and started screaming about murder. I killed them. I opened the door and there were two dogs outside, so I killed them. Some Thalmors saw me, so I killed them. Down the hall were a couple of guards. I killed them. On my way outside I killed a few more and then killed every guard I saw on my way to the main gate. I killed a few random people that I passed on the road. There were some travelling merchants from a mod walking along the road near the sanctuary. Guess what happened.

After I killed the Gourmet, before I went to make dinner, I went around Solitude feeding people frenzy potions.
the prophecy is true

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:40 am

^This...fits with your avatar strangely well.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:40 pm

I am officially Bored of Skyrim Again, so I'm deleting everything. The game, saves, mods, all of it. I probably won't touch it again until I build a new rig and get some insane graphics out of the game and really push the engine to its limits.

I've had this guy for like 100 hours. Goodnight, sweet prince.

A retrospective.  SPOILER: Show

the prophecy is true

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:32 pm

I have will probably not boot it up again until the "skywind" mod is done. Asside from the mutually exclusive stuff I've already done everything there is to do with my one character.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:03 am

Yeah, me too. Wrapped up my play-through in early November (108 hours all up, about the same as Chuckman) even though there is sill a metric fuck-ton of content left to do in this particular save. Can't be bothered to do much outside of the main quest(s) and DLC. Hell, I didn't even get 'round to visiting Markarth. Not once. Now I'm just biding my time 'til Skywind. Arteme did manage to supersede my original character from 2011 as the Last Dragonborn in my personal canon though, so there's that as well.

To riff on Chuckman's post, "It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times":

SPOILER: Show

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:42 pm

When I build a new comp, or upgrade my current one, I'm going to have a dedicated Skyrim drive to properly take advantage of Mod Organizer's profiles feature.
the prophecy is true

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:16 pm

Kinda tempted to do a minimalist 'kaworu' run, using no equips with relevant properties and relying entirely on spells like wards and bound weapons. Just blundering about being socially awkward and naked to my enemies save the powers of my manifest soul.

I've already done Shinji, Rei, Asuka, gendo and Misato runs on bathesda games. I suppose that means I'll be playing skywind as mari. :D
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:35 pm

For Skywind I'm most likely going to shelve the idea of trying to recreate Escua, my Nerevarine. Instead, I was thinking something entirely new. A native Ashlander maybe, Maeonit Esarnatu-lu, sundered from his cultural home when he was young, now returning only to be referred to as "Outlander". All the beautiful armours the TES Renewal team have made have me inspired; I want to make the most of the Chitin, Dreugh, Netch and Ashlander wares.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Burnout, huh? Only thing left are Wheels of Lull and Wrymstooth.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:44 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Kinda tempted to do a minimalist 'kaworu' run

That sounds like such fun! Except I wouldn't be able to stand to play as Kaworu if I couldn't recreate his appearance faithfully enough, and from my understanding it's all but impossible to make a character who looks under 30.

This reminds me of something I really appreciated about the classic Fallouts: Because everything was zoomed out and low-detail, it was easy to pretend that the characters looked however I wanted. All it took to make a Vash or Knives character was blond hair.

Now I have managed to play Fallout 3 perfectly fine as both of those guys with close-enough approximations of their appearances, but in Skyrim it'd probably be a struggle just to get a character who looks to be in the right age group.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:55 pm

There are many, many appearance mods.
the prophecy is true

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:00 pm

I'm sure there are mods to add both snow elves and children as playables for all our space Jesus needs. Probably vampire as well for the eyes and extra paleness. Definately a Thalmor sympathizer... At first. Which follower would be the best sad Shinji though? That goofy 'slayer' kid from rorikstad? Sven?

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:30 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:That sounds like such fun! Except I wouldn't be able to stand to play as Kaworu if I couldn't recreate his appearance faithfully enough, and from my understanding it's all but impossible to make a character who looks under 30.

* Create the character under ECE using the YGNord race (this is commonly used for more Asian-looking characters). He should be at least 1 unit less than normal size, and body weight at around 0.
* Use KS Hairs or Kijiko Hair Pack then tint the hair white.
* I think there's also a body texture pack that gives a smoother look.

BTW, it seems that by passing day there's always the temptation of DA:I hovering around, all the while it'll be some time before the next installment or FO4 comes out.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:25 am

TK Children has a playable child race that looks like actual adolescents and not weird putty monstrosities.
the prophecy is true

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:26 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Burnout, huh?

Kind of, but not really. More so reaching its logical conclusion. The purpose of this run-through was to finally play the Dawnguard and Dragonborn expansions, so I can check those of the list of things to do for TES. Like I mentioned, there's still a lot of quests I can do, just that a lot of them are still fresh in my memory and it would feel like rote or chore grinding through 'em again - or that they don't really line up with the story of the character. Elsewise I have too many piles of books, comics, TV shows and anime to work on in the interim. So for me it's 'til Skywind then, I guess.

^_^

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”