Music You Associate With Eva and Eva Characters

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:03 am

View Original PostChangCY5555 wrote:She wouldn't be one to headbang; rather, she'd sit still and wear a stoic expression while dishing out a bunch of ridiculously complicated rhythms with a lot of double-bass pedal usage.

That reminds me of Veffidas, the Zentradi drummer from Macross 7. She says maybe a single sentence in the whole show, with about 95% of her screentime being silently drum-soloing in the background on whatever object is available. Hell, she even does the drum equivalent of air guitar if nothing is available to drum on. And she never, even shows any kind of emotion; some really serious shit has to happen to distract her so much that she stops drumming.

Is this your vision for Rei? Because it is, I highly approve. :D
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

ChangCY5555
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ChangCY5555 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:38 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Is this your vision for Rei? Because it is, I highly approve. :D

Though I haven't seen the show in question, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.
"DUDE YOU EVER SEE THAT EVANJEL-GELION FLICKS WHERE ALL THE PEOPLE TURN INTO ORANGE JUICE" - Vangelus ([url]http://www.youtube.com/Vange1us[/url])

GT-One
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GT-One » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:48 am

Rei, Mari and Asuka should come together as an electropop group with an energetic on-stage performance and coordinated costumes.

As if you couldn't already distinguish each of them by their different hairstyles (and hair colors), Rei gets to wear shorts (or clothes that are ultimately nothing different from shorts), Asuka and Mari stick with dresses or skirts, Mari's always being a bit shorter compared to Asuka. Yes, Mari gets the mini skirts!

Now, if we go along the line of Beauty, Brains and Brawn, we first have Asuka, 'the chick', also being the most outwardly emotional (however that may end), Mari as the 'Meganekko' and often the quietest of the trio (if that is even possible with Rei around), but more in a sense of being 'kuudere', and finally Rei, who's performing her dance moves with robot-like precision.
"Feelings of love are just a temporary lapse in judgement. Like a mental illness." - Haruhi Suzumiya
"Is that supposed to be funny?" - Kyon

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:24 am

I was thinking Billy Joel's "Good Night Saigon" Would be a good Kom Susser Tod substitute.

". . . and we will all go down together. . ."

fizz450_03
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby fizz450_03 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:50 pm

I fancy something Kalafina-ish

Asuka - alto
Rei - soprano
Misato - mezzo soprano
Ritsuko - producer
Kaji - lead guitar (yeah)
Shinji - cielo
Kaworu - violin
Aoba - bass
PenPen - drums
Maya - piano
only mankind would be foolish enough to harness the engine of it's own destruction

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:00 pm

View Original PostChangCY5555 wrote:Though I haven't seen the show in question, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Or popped the hi-hat at the end of the solo.

:rei_meh:
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby mechashiva » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:38 pm

View Original PostChangCY5555 wrote:Some more ideas that just came to me:

Emerson, Lake, & Palmer-esque prog rock trio:
Shinji - bass, vocals
Kaworu - piano, synths, vocals
Rei - drums, percussion

It's weird, I started thinking if Shinji played another instrument besides cello, it'd be bass. I guess because they're similar?
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:23 pm

I can't see a band gelling because Shinji would want it to be the Smiths, Asuka would be after Rammstein, and Rei would probably be into weird denpa stuff.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:59 pm

So they're a multi-genre supergroup. They cannot be contained within mere musical categories.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby mechashiva » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:08 am

Came up with it while brushing my teeth

Led Zeppelin-style blues rock band:
Shinji: bass/keyboard
Rei: guitar and theremin
Asuka: lead singer
Toji: drums
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:49 pm

Death Metal band named Das Oktoberfest Der Blut.

Asuka: Main vocalist, lead guitar.
Shinji: Supporting guitar.
Rei: Backing vocals, bass.
Misato: Drums.

Rei would eventually usurp Asuka's role as lead vocalist after her metal growl turns out to be god-tier and her facemelters literally melt faces.

Meanwhile they'd all go up against Touji, Kensuke and Hikari's Soggy Bottom Boys style Country and Western band, "The 2 Stooges +1".

Either that or Touji and Kensuke could pair up as freestyling rap artists who repeatedly break the fourth wall, and end up defeating SEELE by the power of busting a rhyme.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:25 pm

Gendo and Fuyu as late 80's rap duo, with the Reiquarium as a beatbox chorus.

Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:40 pm

Okay, here's one:

....the cast of NGE as the cast of Phantom of the Opera.

....yeah, I went there.

Rei is Christine Daae
Shinji is Raoul, the Vicomte de Chagny
Gendo is the Phantom
Asuka is La Carlotta
Touji is Armand
Kensuke is Firmin
Misato is Madame Giry
Hikari is Meg

....SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS, YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE!
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Suicidahlia
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Suicidahlia » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:21 am

Mmm, I've read this thread yesterday and been disappointed in lack of Rei love. Gonna fix that.
Maybe it's more obvious to me due to my personal interpretation of her character, but I really could see her singing in a band like Crystal Castles or especially The Birthday Massacre. If she had the chance to grow older, ethereal and deranged music could be just right way for Rei to explore herself. She could also become a singer songwriter and go all Hannah Fury on us.
I could see Shinji on vocals in a band like I Hate Myself.
In Asuka's case Either she would keep up her pretend art and be some kind of Eva equivalent of Britney Spears/Miley Cyrus (mental breakdown included). I REALLY could see her being famous for this overly sweet persona, and yet cursing and ridiculing her obsessive fanboys/girls behind closed doors. Or, just as Rei, Asuka could become an subversive singer-songwriter. She would be like Emilie Autumn.
Hope that you won't mind me focusing on vocals - despite my love for music, I don't know much on how instruments work. For some reason, I can only see the main trio as faces of band. Asuka would probably hire some nameless dudes anyway.

BobTheXenomorph
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BobTheXenomorph » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:17 am

For some reason, I can imagine Shinji having a rather messed up dream about Eva when I listen to "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x59p6EVs0Ek[/url]

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:03 pm

This music video cartoon thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7LBggDKEtM

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDd7Epr_sAQ

So fitting for Shinji. Especially in 3.0
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:36 pm

I had this scenario in my head about the Bridge Bunnies forming a band specifically to play the song "Only a Woman" from Team America while Shinji and Asuka are getting freaky in the bedroom Gary and Lisa style. :lol: I got Aoba as the singer and guitarist given how much he loves to play air guitar, Hyuga as bass, Maya as drummer, and just for fun let's add in Kaworu as the keyboards crying as his unrequited love passes the night with a firecracker! :tongue:

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:12 pm

^

Bonus points for them being in the room playing while the act is happening.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Replace Asuka with Rei and we're all good. :tongue:

Serious time: Shinji, Rei, Asuka and Kaworu as a smooth jazz quartet. Shinji on bass, Rei on vocals, Asuka on saxophone and Kaworu on piano. Renowned for their hit song "The End of the World (Ain't All it's Cracked Up to Be)".
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”