Key of Nebuchadnezzer Speculation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue May 27, 2014 11:18 pm

^
We do have some pretty unique ideas, and we have probably analyzed every problem and solution in Eva. I would love for us to have a positive impact on a creator other than just making them rich :lol:

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Well now. I've just found something useful.

Turn it sideways and you get...

It even lines up at the neck.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:32 pm

^
That would be hilarious if that mini headless skeleton was HGNR who got Adamized.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:49 pm

^That would be pretty funny, but just a heads up, it's a nervous system, not a skeleton. A skeleton is a fossil to what a nervous system may be. That is an interesting theory though, especially if you consider the first thing to fall off GNR was it's head.

Anyways, I figured I'd add this in.

http://www.blbclassic.org/study/larkin/dt/10.cfm

Lots of talks about good ol' Neb', like this tidbit:
“Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them; and the Stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.” Dan 2:35.

aka Shinji twisting the heavens, earth, etc.(whatever else Ritsuko said at the end of 2) and the stone being Kaworu's dart practice to halt the Impact.

and then He permitted the world power to pass into the hands of Nebuchadnezzar(Gendou?), King of Babylon.

I haven't had a good look at it, and I remember this being discussed elsewhere, somewhat.

We have seen that the deterioration of the “Colossus” is shown in the character of the metals composing it. This was prophetic of the character of the governments as they were to succeed one another. The power of Nebuchadnezzar was Absolute, of him Daniel said

“All people, nations, and languages, trembled and feared him; whom he would he slew; and whom he would he kept alive; and whom he would he set up; and whom he would he put down.” Dan 5:19.

If that quote doesn't define Gendou I don't know what does though. Lol

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:18 pm

^
Maybe Shinji is the Mad King's key? Perhaps that so called key is BM 01? It's makes sense to me that Shinji is Gendo's key but you could also call Unit 01 Gendo's key but it needs Shinji to function.

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:43 pm

^Well I mean, yeah, Gendou definitely employs a lot of people at his disposal. Let's see: Misato for fighting the angels and advancing his own timeline, Kaji for actually taking the key, Kaworu for orchestrating the Impact the way he did, while also using the whole event to terminate Team Seele, Rei(duh), etc.

The only person he hasn't seemed to employ is Asuka. But, strangely enough, he showed tremendous concern when he received a call, detailing her infection with the Angel. If you watch the scene shortly after her plug gets contaminated, Gendou was actually driving towards Shinji(to pick him up for something?). When he got the message, the car pulled around in a screeching 180. Gendou himself was gritting his teeth in the back of the car.

The difference is, this Key was explicitly stated to be the key to the human instrumentality project. We also haven't yet caught a giant eyeball popping out of Gendou's hand. Therefore, many have concluded that it's simply an Adam replacement.

I don't know if Shinji is the Mad King's key. Gendou is definitely the Mad King and I do have to say this though: the Key is a syringe. I think it's very plausible that we've seen it put into use. Again. And again. No one said the key is limited to one use, as is someone's palm for a very specific circumstance. Gendou has the case at the end of Q though, suggesting he's still carrying it.

BM 01 is probably Blue(angel contamination, either similar to Asuka's or just a general contamination, because Unit 01 has blue(angel) blood in NTE for an unexplained reason) Man 01(as in, paired with Unit 01).

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:31 am

^
I'm with the group that says it means Bio Mass but I go a few steps further to say that reason there are question marks and the number three is because this has happened before with beings that either were made in Shinji's image or were Shinji himself.

I'm still trying to figure out who's blood comes out of the circulatory system looking needle, I mean just because you inject yourself with Angelic DNA doesn't mean you are going to be able bond with Lilith, Adam, or Lilith/Adam.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:26 am

^
Someone noticed that the BM-03 codename could be a reference to Gunbuster, notably the "Black Hole Bomb", alias "Buster Machine III" :
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/15937/Gunbuster-Reference/

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:I'm still trying to figure out who's blood comes out of the circulatory system looking needle, I mean just because you inject yourself with Angelic DNA doesn't mean you are going to be able bond with Lilith, Adam, or Lilith/Adam.

In NGE it worked by just grafting the embryo into his palm, and in the manga by gulping it, so I don't see why injecting it in his bloodstream wouldn't work.

If the lore from NGE about the Angels also applies to Rebuild, remember that human and Angel have an almost identical DNA, the Angels basically being what could human had been had they taken a different evolutionary path and a Fruit of Life instead of the Fruit of Knowledge, so both species being genetically compatible isn't that far fetched.

View Original PostunitM wrote:The only person he hasn't seemed to employ is Asuka. But, strangely enough, he showed tremendous concern when he received a call, detailing her infection with the Angel. If you watch the scene shortly after her plug gets contaminated, Gendou was actually driving towards Shinji(to pick him up for something?). When he got the message, the car pulled around in a screeching 180. Gendou himself was gritting his teeth in the back of the car.

Well, he was just being told that an Angel popped out of nowhere and blew up the place where the latest Production Model Eva, one of his pilots, the chief of the Technology Department and Project E and the Chief of Operation were situated, that's a rather dire situation, even for someone as stoic as Gendo.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:50 am

^
Oh I'm not just talking about that bro, I'm talking about the fact that by that logic a Lilin could walk up to Adam and say "Fuse with me bitch" and then become Adam.

It's blood, not a physical body, both of those scenarios required a body. The Fruit of Life doesn't exist in blood, it's a red core.

Just because you get contaminated doesn't mean you become an Angel, you got to be a clone for you to be half angel half Lilin, which is technically a full angel because Lilin are angels.

:scanners_head:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:28 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:^
Oh I'm not just talking about that bro, I'm talking about the fact that by that logic a Lilin could walk up to Adam and say "Fuse with me bitch" and then become Adam.

That's basically what the Katsuragi Expedition did, with the result we know! :D

But now a weakened ADAM, reduced to an embryonic state (NGE) or even less (Rebuild, if the Key is one of the four ADAMs) can be used by a Lilin without triggering an Impact.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:23 am

Maybe Gendo injected it into his eye(s), and that's why he wears that visor now.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:40 am

^
Doubtful, if Gendo already injected himself with the Key, then why is he still seen carrying its case in 3.0?

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:27 am

^ Because it has multiple uses.

Merkaba
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Merkaba » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:37 am

View Original PostunitM wrote:

I just noticed something for the first time this morning (and forgive me if it's already been discussed - I scanned through this thread and didn't see any mention of it).

Notice the three images across the top. The left shows the Key uncompressed. Then, there's the image of the top being pushed down, essentially "activating" it. Then we see random squiggles form below the Key on the top right image. Finally, in the lower left, we see a nervous system.

Does this mean that the nervous system only came into existence on the Key AFTER somebody squeezed the syringe-like apparatus down? And if so, what does that mean, exactly?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:11 pm

@UnitM Shinji and Gendo are both en route to Rei's for her dinner party when he gets the call about the 9th Angel.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:21 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:I'm still trying to figure out who's blood comes out of the circulatory system looking needle, I mean just because you inject yourself with Angelic DNA doesn't mean you are going to be able bond with Lilith, Adam, or Lilith/Adam.

It may not necessarily be blood within the syringe, but a full microscopic organism living in containment.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:28 am

^
That doesn't make any sense to me either, unless it fills your bloodstream with microscopic S2 engines. I mean the needle looks like a trident and I don't see a organism surviving being crushed like that. What would be smaller than an Embryonic Adam? Something like Iruel?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:43 am

^
And grafting a alien embryo in the palm to merge it with a girl or gaining super powers and an eye growing in the palm after gulping it didn't made any sense either, or even said embyo being encased in bakelite without any air, yet surviving doesn't make sense, yet it worked.

It's pure rule of cool in play here : the Key was made to look like a syringe, the schematics show us that it's indeed a syringe, so the logical conclusion is that it'll be injected somewhere, and the logical is that it'll be Gendo, probably to be able to control the Impact that EVA-13 will trigger to make his version of Instrumentality, or something like that. That would also ties with Fuyutsuki's comment that Gendo is sacrificing everything he has for his plan, sacrificing his humanity bit by bit (first by betraying mankind, then with his visor hiding his eyes, finally by injecting himself with the Key) is something I can easily picture him doing.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:04 am

^
You're right that doesn't make sense, why did he need to graft it into his hand? Why didn't he simply just shove the embryo into Rei?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:07 am

Because Gendo needed to be physically connected to the SoL to control the Instrumentality once it started, that's why Rei told him to go to hell and severed the link (his hand) before she merged back with her original body.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”