Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:03 pm

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:A rather good site I can also recommend would be hbrowse, mainly because of the tag system

I will have to check this out, myself. Thanks

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:21 pm

I wanna wait for marriage, I'm christian, but not that religious, but it's proper, but now that I'm older, if I know yes this is the one I'm gonna be with and we both know it, then I'd be ok with it. I don't wanna go around and lose it with just anyone, I want my first time to be special, with someone I love, when the time and mood is right. If a baby happened before marriage, I'd take care of it, I don't believe in abortion, unless it's necessary and there's nothing you can do and the baby/mother are in danger, adoption is fine, if you don't want a baby. But, I'd try to prevent pregnancy before marriage, I'm not ready for a baby yet, as much as I love babies and wanna be a mom, maybe in 5 years, but not now.

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:37 pm

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:I wanna wait for marriage, I'm christian, but not that religious, but it's proper, but now that I'm older, if I know yes this is the one I'm gonna be with and we both know it, then I'd be ok with it. I don't wanna go around and lose it with just anyone, I want my first time to be special, with someone I love, when the time and mood is right. If a baby happened before marriage, I'd take care of it, I don't believe in abortion, unless it's necessary and there's nothing you can do and the baby/mother are in danger, adoption is fine, if you don't want a baby. But, I'd try to prevent pregnancy before marriage, I'm not ready for a baby yet, as much as I love babies and wanna be a mom, maybe in 5 years, but not now.

But why exactly is the right mood, the right one and marriage necessary ? Isn't marriage (even from a religious standpoint) just a bureaucratic act, since it doesn't change anything in the relationship and wasn't invented by Jews / Christians ?
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:47 pm

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:But why exactly is the right mood, the right one and marriage necessary ? Isn't marriage (even from a religious standpoint) just a bureaucratic act, since it doesn't change anything in the relationship and wasn't invented by Jews / Christians ?

Even long ago, in many part of the world all you had were arranged marriages & sex
The concept of 'love' hasn't really been around for that long considering how long
humans have lived on Earth.
Last edited by Dataprime on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:08 pm

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:But why exactly is the right mood, the right one and marriage necessary ? Isn't marriage (even from a religious standpoint) just a bureaucratic act, since it doesn't change anything in the relationship and wasn't invented by Jews / Christians ?

:uhh:

Read some history on marriage or something before making blatantly absurd claims about marriage just being "a bureaucratic act". It's one of fundamental social institutions in human history and has been commonly seen as fulfiller of human nature and core support pillar of society across the diverse cultures of the world. It has NOT been mere matter of "bureaucracy" as repercusions for giving birth outside wedlock etc. well illustrate.

Furthermore, even if marriage was "just a bureaucratic act" for world at large it takes very special cultural ignorance to not know meaning and nature of marriage in Christian context (and by extension Jewish). :irked:

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Probably because I've always wanted to get married and settle down. I don't wanna look like a slut and do it with just anyone, like I said doing it with someone special is more important. ^_^ I like being good, but there are times when I'll admit that if my bf was with me I'd do it with him. :blush: I wouldn't give it up for my exs, though. I guess in this way, I can relate to Misato a little bit. XD

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:19 pm

^^Oh, I know and understand the concept of marriage as well as the social meaning, I just don't see myself able to see the logical component of the argument "a couple must be married to be allowed to take their relationship to a certain level" shouldn't it be "a couple should get married when they're ready to marry and their relationship is already at a certain level"

IMO marriage should result out of a certain level of the relationship and not the converse, thus why does a couple needs to be married to be able to have "good" (as in not sinful or socially unacceptable) sex although they're emotionally ready to have it.

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:Probably because I've always wanted to get married and settle down. I don't wanna look like a slut and do it with just anyone, like I said doing it with someone special is more important. I like being good, but there are times when I'll admit that if my bf was with me I'd do it with him. I wouldn't give it up for my exs, though. I guess in this way, I can relate to Misato a little bit. XD

So, why is sex with the right one at the right time bad if it happens before marriage ? Not, that I don't respect this kind of opinion, I'm just trying to understand the logic behind it.
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:50 am

^ I'm not really getting it either. My two cents on the matter: do it if you really want to (and I mean you, not just because of pressure from the other party). Relatively speaking, we're all still young. No need to treat it as a sprint as opposed to a marathon.

That being said, I couldn't bring myself to have sex without love....which is probably why it took me as long as it did. Hey, I did plenty of research while waiting, at least! :lol:
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:19 am

TLDR - since this thread is in the A&M section I'm swinging it (for now) back to H discussion. :tongue:

Finished the Peace Hame! anime. Out of all the hentai I've seen I think this is the only one for which I actually read the source material first. I don't read much H material but found the premise unique - at the high school the MC goes to, the graduation album that the senior girls get has an extra section which contains their nude/sex photos. The MC's job as a member of the album committee is to collect these and help make them when he's asked. Basically everyone participates, voluntarily or not. If they don't want to, they are challenged to a gamble match in which they can name the type of contest they will compete in and prize if they win against the MC. If they lose, they give it up. These gamble matches are the twist to the story and progressively get harder. The problem with the anime is that it doesn't cover all of them. For whatever reason, Studio 9 Maiami cut out a couple of the key ones. :irked: This really annoyed me so I held off on finishing the anime, which could easily have gone to 9 eps instead of 6.

Also got around to watching ep 2 of Koutetsu no Majo Annerose or Witch of Steel Annerose, which is based on an H game by Black Lilith. At the slothlike rate it's being released, 1 damn ep a year, ep 3 should come out this year. :uhh:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:58 pm

Tangent merged from pic thread #7
View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Those first few Reis... Mmm. Eye candy.

That candy tastes like black licorice :vomit:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:06 pm

I don't know what you mean, black licorice is awesome.

:rageface:

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:09 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I don't know what you mean, black licorice is awesome.

:rageface:

You stay away from me, I don't even know who you are anymore :shinji_boohoo:

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:14 pm

I don't get the black licorice bit other than the fact that one of those Reis is wearing black socks.

:freud:
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:38 pm

A foot fetish, you say? Mm, yes... the wonders of ashikoki are great.

:freud: :freud: :freud:

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Trains and Tunnels are the only fetishes necessary

:freud:
Last edited by ChaddyManPrime on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Licorice is always best when fed to you from the stocking-clad feet of a high school girl.

:freud: :freud: :freud: :freud: :freud:

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:51 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Licorice is always best when fed to you from the stocking-clad feet of a high school girl.

:freud: :freud: :freud: :freud: :freud:

Lose the stockings and she'll have better grip.

:freud: :freud: :freud: :freud:
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:52 pm

[The pic thread] should be renamed Freudpalooza.
Last edited by Nuclear Lunchbox on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:54 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:This thread should be renamed Freudpalooza.

Either that or Footpalooza. :lol:

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:56 pm

I don't get feet people.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Return to “Anime and Manga”