Evangelion 4.44 Dreams

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Evangelion 4.44 Dreams

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:44 pm

So I had a dream that Eva 4.0 came out. It was a disaster. Mari was on the cover but wasn't in the movie at all, or explained in the slightest.

It ended just like EOE, with a GNR, mind rape, and Shinji rejecting Instrumentality. The only difference was it was slightly more positive and the movie ended with Asuka and Shinji eating at some kind of restaurant.

For the most part, everything was exactly the same as EOE, save for improved CGI.

When I woke up I thought, "Please Anno, don't do this to us."

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:51 pm

I had a similar dream a week before the release of Q. Before i talk about my dream i must say that i didn't knew anything that happens in Q as i didn't read any spoilers. In my dream i remember that i had just watched Q and i had so many mixed feelings about it. I wasn't satisfied with the movie and i wanted to see 4.0 right away. I couldn't believe that the movie i waited for so long turned out like this.

The strangest part is that my dream came true 100%....
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:32 pm

No, your brain just remembered you that it was Anno who make these movies! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

peripateia
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby peripateia » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:36 pm

'Bout time we had a 4.0 dream speculation thread! A/S walking into the sunset would be godawful, although the rabid NGE fan in me wouldn't say no to an EoE rehash. I'm not sure if a cliffhanger ending for 4.0 would satisfy me or torture me, actually. I don't know what my subconscious mind wants!

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:09 pm

View Original Postperipateia wrote:'Bout time we had a 4.0 dream speculation thread! A/S walking into the sunset would be godawful, although the rabid NGE fan in me wouldn't say no to an EoE rehash. I'm not sure if a cliffhanger ending for 4.0 would satisfy me or torture me, actually. I don't know what my subconscious mind wants!

We already have it.
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13402/4th-Film-Info-READ-OP-Speculation/

and there is a dream thread in chit chat as well.

peripateia
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby peripateia » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:52 pm

@Truthful Lie

Yes, but the dream thread in chit-chat is devoted to NGE and the Speculation thread in Rebuild is devoted to (somewhat) practical, reasonable predictions of 4.0. That's no fun at all! Dare to dream, I say.

@Grimmjow

maybe your dream is telling you that in the core of your thoughts, you secretly yearn for a happier EoE, remade using CGI? It wouldn't be far from what I (consciously) wanted after seeing EoE about eight years ago.

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:25 pm

what is dreaming? :rei_meh:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:44 pm

There's a 3.0 dream thread here: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/11398/Evangelion-333-Dreams/

But seeing as how this is about 4.0, it can be left open instead of merged.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Evangelion FINAL is released.
Everyone goes ape shit.
Movie screenings are sold out six months in advance.
Movie is released.
Everyone watches it.
30 seconds roll of awesome Eva fighting action.
Quickly cuts to Anno with a noose around his neck.
"Kimochi Warui"
Kicks the stool he's standing on.
Evageeks speculates on the meaning for the next forty years.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:27 am

^That sounds like something that could actually happen.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:31 am

I expect that in August there will be a new 4.0 trailer that shows the scenes from 3.0 preview, everyone gets hyper, but Anno wants to keep his "status" high, so the actual film is going to be: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNrK-n68CM[/url]

OT: I've seen no 4.0 dreams, but if i see they will most likely be just copy-paste EoE.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Evangelion FINAL is released.
Everyone goes ape shit.
Movie screenings are sold out six months in advance.
Movie is released.
Everyone watches it.
30 seconds roll of awesome Eva fighting action.
Quickly cuts to Anno with a noose around his neck.
"Kimochi Warui"
Kicks the stool he's standing on.
Evageeks speculates on the meaning for the next forty years.

I could almost put money on that prediction lol. but seriously.....Anno.....you better not do that :asuka_miffed:

xdiesp
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby xdiesp » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:44 am

Equal parts love & fear of losing it, thus prove you don't need it. It seems to me you're expecting 4.0 to bomb in the fanbase just like 3.0 did. :devil: Stupid kids and their hype. Personally I think that everyone will like 4.0 more than it deserves, to prove retroactively that they were right about disliking 3.0 (they could just sink 4.0 even more, but having 3.0 as the focus point of all hate might be enough)
SOUND ONLY

thegoodson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby thegoodson » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:52 pm

An unrelenting sinus infection has required me to consume sleep aids on the reg for the better part of a week now, resulting in vivid dreams. I'm prone to forgetting most of mine, but these this week have been super detailed and enduring. It wasn't until last night that Final decided to make an appearance, but boy was it a killer. If it were real, the backlash to Q would be nothing in comparison.

After the death of my grandmother (just in the dream, don't worry) I wandered into a Japanese theater for the big premiere. The whole movie with the exception of the end is set in the dark Wunder room that we see at the end of Q.

If this movie were real it would definitely be the "fuck you" that some accused EoE of being because all the action sequences happen in the background on screens inside the dark wunder sphere. Essentially its Gendo saying "Release the MP Eva's", Fuyutsuki types in something, there's some rumbling, and then they watch it unfold while talking about other stuff. But Mari and Asuka are fucking badasses and kill them all. But Gendo's got a trump card! Apparently the key of Nebz brings all the angels back to life, so Mari and Asuka fight them all at once, and the Wunder's flying all over the place crazy because its an angel too. Misato and Asuka will yell stuff at Gendo through screens, Gendo says sinister shit to them, etc.

At some point there was a credit scene in the middle, and there was a short after it (a short in the middle of a movie? What a trendsetter that Anno is!) It was some young punk kids walking in a normal desert talking. One kind of looked like Nadia. Then the second part started.

So the angels are all dead somehow. But here's the big fuck you: Gendo takes over Asuka remotely with the key because she's part Angel after the Bardiel contamination, and she kills Mari in Unit 08, which is heard, not seen. So Mari screaming for her to stop, Asuka screaming like an animal, and Fuyutsuki watching it on a monitor. I remember that very well ;_;

After that everyone is dead so they can go get Yui. They've been inside of a giant Eva the whole time that looks like Beast Mode Unit 02 mixed with a rhinoceros. It walks through the red desert to Unit 02, which is just standing there out of power. Gendo's Eva does a ridiculous flip pile-driver on Unit 02, and it falls into pieces.

Then Gendo just starts infodumping on Fuyutsuki. I have no idea what he was saying but Fuyutsuki is having the Shinji wobbly walk melt down from Q. He's sitting in Shinji's chair from 25 & 26 in the middle of the black sphere as Gendo keeps rattling on. The animation starts getting wonky just like 25 & 26. Gendo's now in voice over as he walks through the red desert towards the Wunder. The general idea that comes across is that Gendo is going to go live in Unit 01 with Yui while Fuyu has to live for eternity in this Eva so that he doesn't die.

Fuyutsuki sits in his chair alone. Kanji flash all over the screen. Fuyutsuki's doing the voice over now, and its depressing. The very last scene is the image of Gendo walking away, the same one that Shinji sees from his childhood in NGE. Roll credits again (two credits wtf).

After the credits the kids from the short are still walking through the normal desert and come upon Fuyu's Eva and the parts of Eva 02. I woke up.

So yeah, no Shinji, no Rei, everyone dies, Gendo get's away with everything, and all the awesome battles including Mari and Asuka defeating all the MP Evas and all the Angels happen off screen or on monitors. Also there was no music except for some tribal drumming during the Gendo/Fuyutsuki finale and credits. Twas a trip.

Excess_Velocity
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Excess_Velocity » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:57 pm

View Original Postthegoodson wrote:-snip-

That's actually hilarious.

Anno would have to skip town indefinitely if he tried that, but it'd be so in theme with the rest of the series it would beautiful. People would talk about it for another twenty years trying to figure out what the fuck it meant. 10/10 would watch.

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:29 pm

I had a fekking cool dream the other day,

Opening credits , Kaworu sitting at piano playing a somewhat eerie meloody, suddenly Rachmaninoff's 2nd piano concerto starts and the Evangelion 4.0 logo pops up.

We see the red desert with all those fucked crosses and the moon. But suddenly rumbling, the crosses collapse, and a tower of Angels sprouts out of nowhere, right underneath a black opening in the sky.

Unit 04 falls out of the Dirac Sea[black hole], still activated, but covered in biological growths. Cue scene inside tube, where a pilot materializes. The thing gets recovered by Willy, pilot is put in mental ward. Various flashbacks spread out over movie reveal what happened over the time skip as it is revealed he was watching the entire time.

Skip back to desert. Pilots are wandering around. ReiQ's gone missing for some reason or the other, LOTR Style golem following. The two come across the city centre with all them Foigles. Mindfuckery and shit.

Then to Neo NERV, where dem Evas is preparing fo dat battle.

Willlieeeieie launches That repaired Eva 04 and Mari in some bullshit unit.

And then I woke up.
Leave Shinji alone

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:34 pm

My 4.0 dream had Shinji/Asuka/Willie crew fighting Super Shredder from TMNT in downtown Winnipeg......... Twas a shitty film, and I think I learn less about myself with every dream I have.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:55 am

In my 4.0 dream, Shinji had been brought back on board the Wunder and Misato and Co. were interrogating him. Then suddenly they all unfolded these weird Dummy Plug-like interfaces over their faces which began speaking DP backwards talk at Shinji. It was pretty creepy.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:11 pm

View Original Postthegoodson wrote:awesome dream

Even if that would make for a horrible Final, I'm impressed that it reads like an actual movie and has a plot and everything. Most of my dreams struggle to have that kind of narrative consistency.

So uh, what were you taking? :shifty:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

thegoodson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby thegoodson » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:05 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:
So uh, what were you taking? :shifty:

Mostly a combination of 'drils and 'quils, the Nyquil especially always gives me intense dreams. Often times I never feel rested because though it helps me get to sleep I feel exhausted by how much I dreamed once I wake up.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”