Mark.06 in 3.0 Discussion

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Charsi
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Charsi » Thu May 23, 2013 10:20 am

He actually calls it Eva Mark.06 straight away. That seemed weird to me too. He shouldn't be able to recognize it on sight.

01:14:22 {Shinji} Eva Mark.06?
01:14:25 {Shinji} Blood type blue?
01:14:26 {Shinji} What's going on?
01:14:30 {Asuka} This is bad!
01:14:32 {Asuka} The Twelfth Angel is still alive!

Perhaps there's a popup giving the designation of the unit visible in his plug. I remember a popup thing that he looks at but not what's written on it. I think it says Blood Type BLUE or something but there's some smaller text too.
Last edited by Charsi on Thu May 23, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:24 am

Uh, guys? Remember this?

01:07:32 {Shinji} Huh? Is that an Eva?
01:07:35 {Kaworu} Yes, the Eva Mark.06.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Charsi
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Charsi » Thu May 23, 2013 10:27 am

Oh, hmm yes. Stupid of me. Caught up the question.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Thu May 23, 2013 1:20 pm

I like the rocket-things Mark 09 creates on it's back when it takes Shinji from Wunder.It reminded me Gundam Unicorn.I would like a model of that.
Last edited by Dima on Thu May 23, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu May 23, 2013 1:21 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:I like the rocket-things Mark 06 creates on it's back when it takes Shinji from Wunder.It reminded me Gundam Unicorn.I would like a model of that.

That's the Mark 09, not the Mark 06. The Mark 06 is the Eva impaled by the spears down in Central Dogma.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu May 23, 2013 1:22 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:I like the rocket-things Mark 06 creates on it's back when it takes Shinji from Wunder.It reminded me Gundam Unicorn.I would like a model of that.

That would be Mark.09, not Mark.06.

Mark.06 is still attached to Lilith at this point.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Thu May 23, 2013 1:31 pm

LOL sorry guys i just fixed it!I was reading the previous page before posting and Mark 06 stuck on my head for some reason.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Rahxephon
Embryo

mark 06 question

•      
  •      

Postby Rahxephon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:14 pm

Not sure if this has been discussed but I am sure it has in detail even if I couldn't find anything as everything else I bring up seems to have been in detail ;D Feel free to merge it if so..

But I just wanted to discuss the reasoning behind the mark 06 having a Lilith \ SEELE mask covering its face?

We know it couldn't be lilith herself. Def not one of the adams as they are white beings not black.

Could it have been made from lilith or is this just to designate it belongs to seele and they are the ones making it? or were they hiding its face for some reason?

Also the blue liquid being loaded into it.. could this possibly be the 12th angel being loaded into it?

id say maybe the mark 06 has blue angel blood instead of LCL.. but Iin rebuild angel blood seems to be red?

Thought? or link to explanation?

;D
Fav animes -
1. Rahxephon 2. Evangelion 3. Gurren Lagan 4. Saint Seiya / Saint Seiya Omega 5. Samurai Champloo 6. Un Go 7. Death Note 8. Eureka 7 / Ao 9. Fate Zero 10. Rurouni Kenshin 11. K Project 12. Code Geass 13. Gun x Sword

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

Re: mark 06 question

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:31 pm

View Original PostRahxephon wrote:Def not one of the adams as they are white beings not black.

Mark.06 is black (some kind of very dark green or something), it just wears some kind of white "clothes". As for the mask it's probably removed when they put the helmet in place. It's an Adam.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure there's already a topic about Mark.06.

gchristnsn
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby gchristnsn » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Mark 06 is definitely made from one of Adam's bodies (it was in Seele's mask probably for ritual purposes, the mask on Lilith is the one, made by FAR). There were four Adam's bodies which probably came from decomposed or multiplied Adam's original body, at least three of them were scattered worldwide by huge blood spouts, one ended up at the moon, one at Japan, and whereabouts of the other are unknown (a yet another may be Nab's key).
Because Unit 09 is also an all-core thing, it's possible that it also was made from Adam's body, or Seele uses something like virus to transform Evas into all-core things.
A short guide to NGE

- Simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones. - Occam's razor
- Since we can never know anything for sure, it is simply not worth searching for certainty; but it is well worth searching for truth; and we do this chiefly by searching for mistakes, so that we have to correct them. - Karl Popper

Rahxephon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rahxephon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:44 pm

i guess your right it is possible to be an adam.. would you agree the blue liquid could be them loading the 12th angel into it?

Ive also been thinking that perhaps unit 01 was made frrom the tokyo adam?

Or maybe in NME Shinji could be like kaworu and house an adam soul..

Perhaps this is why he could start third impact with Rei?
Fav animes -
1. Rahxephon 2. Evangelion 3. Gurren Lagan 4. Saint Seiya / Saint Seiya Omega 5. Samurai Champloo 6. Un Go 7. Death Note 8. Eureka 7 / Ao 9. Fate Zero 10. Rurouni Kenshin 11. K Project 12. Code Geass 13. Gun x Sword

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:58 pm

View Original Postgchristnsn wrote:the mask on Lilith is the one, made by FAR)

What? You're turning a speculation into some kind of fact... We don't even know if FAR exist in NME universe, and nothing ever implied this mask wasn't human made.

Ive also been thinking that perhaps unit 01 was made frrom the tokyo adam?

But eva-01 is white...

gchristnsn
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby gchristnsn » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:01 pm

View Original PostRahxephon wrote:i guess your right it is possible to be an adam.. would you agree the blue liquid could be them loading the 12th angel into it?

This is a metamorphic all-core thing, probably the same "Vessel of Adams" as 09. if Adam's body is not equivalent to "Vessel of Adams", one possible explanation that they converted Adams's body to that thing and used this autonomous unit to hibernate Lilith. Anyway, it was necessary convert embryo appeared from the remnants of Lilith into the core (which should possess Lilith's fruit of wisdom), and this all-core angel was probably necessary exactly for this purpose.

View Original PostRahxephon wrote:Ive also been thinking that perhaps unit 01 was made frrom the tokyo adam?

Because it was awakened by the core from 00, their cores should possess different fruits. As in the original show, 01 probably is made from the half of Lilith.

View Original PostRahxephon wrote:Or maybe in NME Shinji could be like kaworu and house an adam soul..

Perhaps this is why he could start third impact with Rei?

It seems that impact requires presence of two cores of different fruits to make a "god-like" or FAR-like being (which is able to open a Guf-door), and pilot's emotional burst.

View Original Postjinroh wrote:You're turning a speculation into some kind of fact... We don't even know if FAR exist in NME universe, and nothing ever implied this mask wasn't human made.

Usually I act in parallel with the original, you may accept anything I write as a speculation. In the original it was in the mask of FAR (craters on the mask were definitely from unsuccessful landing), here she may be in the mask of FAR by analogy.
As it was already mentioned, FAR is logically necessary, or NME is a kind of techno-fantasy.
A short guide to NGE

- Simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones. - Occam's razor
- Since we can never know anything for sure, it is simply not worth searching for certainty; but it is well worth searching for truth; and we do this chiefly by searching for mistakes, so that we have to correct them. - Karl Popper

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:35 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:Mark.06 is black (some kind of very dark green or something), it just wears some kind of white "clothes". As for the mask it's probably removed when they put the helmet in place. It's an Adam.

Actually, they made holes in the mask and the helmet was installed on top of it :
SPOILER: Show
[wkimg]Eva2-22 C0304 mark06.jpg[/wkimg]

Strangely, the big hole in the upper right side of the mask is symmetrical to another one on the left side of the mask, and these two holes were already here when it was just excavated at the end of 1.0... could that mean that this ADAM was already wearing something on this head that got ripped off when it was ejected to the Moon?

View Original Postgchristnsn wrote:This is a metamorphic all-core thing, probably the same "Vessel of Adams" as 09. if Adam's body is not equivalent to "Vessel of Adams", one possible explanation that they converted Adams's body to that thing and used this autonomous unit to hibernate Lilith. Anyway, it was necessary convert embryo appeared from the remnants of Lilith into the core (which should possess Lilith's fruit of wisdom), and this all-core angel was probably necessary exactly for this purpose.

In a story-board in the 2.0 CRC, it's revealed that during 2I a giant spurt of blood erupted from the center and left that giant bloodstain on the Moon, since the Giant and the Spear were excavated from a place of the Moon covered by the giant bloodstain, we can safely assume that Mark.06 is one of the four ADAMs and got ejected to the Moon with the LoC during 2I.

View Original Postgchristnsn wrote:Because it was awakened by the core from 00, their cores should possess different fruits. As in the original show, 01 probably is made from the half of Lilith.

It seems that impact requires presence of two cores of different fruits to make a "god-like" or FAR-like being (which is able to open a Guf-door), and pilot's emotional burst.

Actually, it was awakened by Zeruel's remains that coalesce around Unit-00's core, forming the "Giant Naked Red Rei" that EVA-01 absorb.
So EVA-01 absorbed Zeruel's FoL. That would support the theory that its made from Lilith, like in NGE... but it also absorbed Rei at the same time, and if she possess a Fruit of Knowledge(and without taking into account that she may have Lilith's soul like in NGE), that could mean that EVA-01 is actually one of the 4 ADAMs, the fact it seems to have a third eye that appeared when it gecame a giant of light also support that theory.
As for EVA-13, it was outright stated that it was one of the four, but we're not sure if what awakened it was the fact it ate the 12th Angel or because said 12th absorbed Lilith's remains prior(when it morphs into a giant red fetus, you can see it begin when it make contact with the liquefied remains of Lilith, and the fact it briefly morphs into a giant Rei head and that later multiple Rei heads appears on it support that theory).

So in the end Unit-01 could be from Lilith or one of the four surviving ADAMs.

View Original Postgchristnsn wrote:Usually I act in parallel with the original, you may accept anything I write as a speculation. In the original it was in the mask of FAR (craters on the mask were definitely from unsuccessful landing), here she may be in the mask of FAR by analogy.
As it was already mentioned, FAR is logically necessary, or NME is a kind of techno-fantasy.

The mask of the giant in the Moon bears the same kind of damages that Lilith's mask in NGE, suggesting that it may always have been on his face and not added by SEELE.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

gchristnsn
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby gchristnsn » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:02 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Strangely, the big hole in the upper right side of the mask is symmetrical to another one on the left side of the mask, and these two holes were already here when it was just excavated at the end of 1.0... could that mean that this ADAM was already wearing something on this head that got ripped off when it was ejected to the Moon?

Let's assume that this is the mask of the original Adam whose body was decomposed or multiplied (this means that this is also artifact of FAR) and Seele covers their faces for some ritual purposes. The hole may be a trace of the giant screw as in the case of Lilith's mask.

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:In a story-board in the 2.0 CRC, it's revealed that during 2I a giant spurt of blood erupted from the center and left that giant bloodstain on the Moon, since the Giant and the Spear were excavated from a place of the Moon covered by the giant bloodstain, we can safely assume that Mark.06 is one of the four ADAMs and got ejected to the Moon with the LoC during 2I.

No doubt's in that. But may we safely assume that Adam's body = Vessel of Adams? If so, 09 is also made from Adam's body. Otherwise they somehow modified the units to made them all-core Vessels of Adams.

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Actually, it was awakened by Zeruel's remains that coalesce around Unit-00's core, forming the "Giant Naked Red Rei" that EVA-01 absorb.
So EVA-01 absorbed Zeruel's FoL. That would support the theory that its made from Lilith, like in NGE... but it also absorbed Rei at the same time, and if she possess a Fruit of Knowledge(and without taking into account that she may have Lilith's soul like in NGE), that could mean that EVA-01 is actually one of the 4 ADAMs, the fact it seems to have a third eye that appeared when it gecame a giant of light also support that theory.
As for EVA-13, it was outright stated that it was one of the four, but we're not sure if what awakened it was the fact it ate the 12th Angel or because said 12th absorbed Lilith's remains prior(when it morphs into a giant red fetus, you can see it begin when it make contact with the liquefied remains of Lilith, and the fact it briefly morphs into a giant Rei head and that later multiple Rei heads appears on it support that theory).

Rei's body was devoured by the angel and there was nothing other than her soul in the core (the second core was installed then in his unit, this was shown at the end of near 3I). Shinji transferred Rei's soul into his entry plug and her body materialized from LCL.
Rei's head and the embryo are hints for that 13 ate the remnants converted by the angel to the core.
A short guide to NGE

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:53 pm

View Original Postgchristnsn wrote:In the original it was in the mask of FAR (craters on the mask were definitely from unsuccessful landing)

There's absolutely nothing to support that theory that comes to my mind. But I would gladly be proven wrong.

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Actually, they made holes in the mask and the helmet was installed on top of it :

Probably just cosmetic. We can see Mark.06's eyes behind its visor, and it's not the case on that picture.

edit: I don't think the mask would even fit under the helmet. It's just way bigger, especially near the jaw.

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:26 pm

Has anyone speculated that the sole reason was Mark.06 was to merge with Lilith so it could breed more Mark.06 offspring, resulting in the MP EVAs in FINAL preview. They had probably tried the same thing with Unit 01 but ultimately the end result was FOI, but that's my opinion.
I watch and speculate.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:09 am

It's clear that Mark 06 played a role in 3I/Near-3I, but of course the details of its involvement are limited; I'm gussing it was a vital role. Kaworu mentions that Lilin had adapted it to be autonomous, which probably led to it's designation as the 12th Angel. Mark 06's descent to Central Dogma alluded to in the preview may have happened not too long after Unit-01 had opened the doors of guf and been impaled, but it likely wasn't immediately successive. I believe that after 3I in 2.0, events that parallel EoE in many ways occured; Nerv was invaded, Lilith was awakened, and much of humanity was sacrificed as part of the ritual the resulted in the Faliures of Inifinity. Lilith may of been awakened by merging with Mark 06 suceeding its descent to Terminal Dogma; that or Gendo may have awakened Lilith a la EoE (albeit, without an Adam embryo) and Mark 06 intervened on behalf of Seele.

In Q, Gendo must have arranged for the switching of the spears somehow, and set a trap for Kaworu to awaken Mark 06 and used the combination of the aforementioned two, the spears, Unit-13, and Shinji to start Fourth Impact. Of course, much of it was really Seele's plan, just with a few details switched by Gendo to insure that Kaworu was taken out of the picture as well the final Angels.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:24 am

Interesting post Sachi - I can't get the imagery of N3I going down similarly to EOE 3I out of my head now after reading that (not in actuality, mind), but as you said; with the Mark.06 in place of Eva-01 instead.

That's some crazy stuff...
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:30 am

View Original PostSachi wrote: Kaworu mentions that Lilin had adapted it to be autonomous, which probably led to it's designation as the 12th Angel. .

Interesting theory, Sachi. Could it be that the Mark.06 wasn't actually possessed by the 12th Angel, but went rogue, and the black string stuff inside the Mark.06's armor is not the 12th Angel, but actually the Mark.06's transformed body?

Some time must have passed between Eva-01's awakening and the Mark.06 descending the Dogma, though, as there was presumably an Eleventh Angel battle in the middle.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”