Evageeks Minecraft Server

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:50 am

Well, this sounds fun/interesting, and i would like to help (hopefully without fucking up...). If my anxiety allows it, i'll drop by. Since apparently you need the username or something, my account name is "MaskedArtist".

I have absolutely no experience with playing Minecraft (or any game) online though, sorry about that.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:13 am

View Original PostDream wrote:Well, this sounds fun/interesting, and i would like to help (hopefully without fucking up...). If my anxiety allows it, i'll drop by. Since apparently you need the username or something, my account name is "MaskedArtist".

I have absolutely no experience with playing Minecraft (or any game) online though, sorry about that.

Minecraft is really hard to fuck up. If you're worried about dying or losing your supplies, I'll put you in Creative Mode, wherein you can fly, pick any block you want, and just build without having to mine for supplies. You're also invincible. If you don't want to fight for your survival and just build shit, I'll do that for you.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:07 am

View Original PostDream wrote:I have absolutely no experience with playing Minecraft (or any game) online though, sorry about that.

It's awesome and really, really easy to learn. You'll love it.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:19 pm

The well in the village got killed by two creepers, and all the villagers are zombies.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:23 pm

Oh yes, I was talking with BPES and Donut on server yesterday, and decided that at some point I'll build a rail system connecting everyone together. Just need x/z coordinates. Theoretically have mine and Nuke's, though I got lost on the way to the latter.

@Dream - if you would like a place to stay, I'm building a structure in a village North of spawn, around x=-272, z=87. You can access coordinate data (and other statistics) by pressing F3. It's still in construction, and Donut has already claimed a floor, but I should have another one built shortly for you to dwell in.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:36 pm

I'll have to try to join you guys once I can nab a copy of Minecraft.

Hopefully that will be in the next few days. (i.e. around friday)
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

sephiros
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby sephiros » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:01 pm

So I haven't played much Minecraft on servers before, but has anyone ever gotten the error, "Internal exception: java.net.Socket Exception:" followed by, "read timed out", or "connection reset by peer"?
Godzilla never had an AT Field!!
You dumbass, what the hell else do you think I'm talking about? We're gonna combine!!
If the demon is truly big, then we are no match for it. It's irrational. It's impossible. It's against my religion.
Your victory was a Deus Ex Machina, ergo that cake is a lie!

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:36 pm

Direct connect, and type instead of copy and pasting.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

sephiros
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby sephiros » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:06 pm

Still nothing, not on my account or my friends, and not on my desktop or laptop. I also did a clean install of java and minecraft on both.
I mean I can connect to the server, I've made it to the cobblestone tower, but there aren't drops when I destroy blocks, and I always lag out after a minute or so.
You dumbass, what the hell else do you think I'm talking about? We're gonna combine!!
If the demon is truly big, then we are no match for it. It's irrational. It's impossible. It's against my religion.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:49 pm

Oh, you must be the fellow we've seen logging in and back out. Perhaps it's a firewall thing? Either that, or you are just "distant" in terms of connection. That is to say, not physical distance, but number of routers you're hopping through.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)

sephiros
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby sephiros » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:30 pm

View Original PostAgentomega wrote:Oh, you must be the fellow we've seen logging in and back out. Perhaps it's a firewall thing? Either that, or you are just "distant" in terms of connection. That is to say, not physical distance, but number of routers you're hopping through.

It's not my firewall, I disabled that and MSE and it still failed. It might be because I'm on a college campus, because I've had problems playing games here before. You know of any way to test to see if the number of connection "hops" could be the problem?

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 pm

Hm... I think you might be able to do that with a ping command. I'll look into it more in the morning.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:43 am

View Original PostCatamari wrote:Minecraft is really hard to fuck up. If you're worried about dying or losing your supplies, I'll put you in Creative Mode, wherein you can fly, pick any block you want, and just build without having to mine for supplies. You're also invincible. If you don't want to fight for your survival and just build shit, I'll do that for you.

Ah, thanks. Although i meant more that i don't have with playing Minecraft in multiplayer. I do have some experience with Minecraft and i know the ways you can die or lose your structure. One thing i'm not sure of though, if other players are using the Survival mode, then i assume that means i wouldn't be able to see them, right?

Personally, whichever mode is best for the server is fine.

View Original PostAgentomega wrote:@Dream - if you would like a place to stay, I'm building a structure in a village North of spawn, around x=-272, z=87. You can access coordinate data (and other statistics) by pressing F3. It's still in construction, and Donut has already claimed a floor, but I should have another one built shortly for you to dwell in.

Oh, thanks! I wasn't sure of how to make a base in there so that is quite a help. And yeah i know about the F3 command. I'm still not sure of how to join the server and there's some stuff i have to take care of before being able to spend time in Minecraft, so there's certainly no hurry regarding the construction ^_^.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:27 am

View Original PostDream wrote:Ah, thanks. Although i meant more that i don't have with playing Minecraft in multiplayer. I do have some experience with Minecraft and i know the ways you can die or lose your structure. One thing i'm not sure of though, if other players are using the Survival mode, then i assume that means i wouldn't be able to see them, right?

Personally, whichever mode is best for the server is fine.

Playing MC multiplayer is basically the same as single player, the only real extra feature is to press T to chat. On the contrary, if you're in Creative, others (even in Survival) can see you and you can see them, you can even be a sort of god for them if you want, giving them supplies if they need.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:14 am

View Original PostDream wrote:Oh, thanks! I wasn't sure of how to make a base in there so that is quite a help. And yeah i know about the F3 command. I'm still not sure of how to join the server and there's some stuff i have to take care of before being able to spend time in Minecraft, so there's certainly no hurry regarding the construction ^_^.

No probs. I've completed an additional two levels above the taken rooms, so there's more space yet again haha. I plan on building all the way to the ceiling with this bad boy, or at least most of the way (after all, why build a giant tower if you can't have a water slide?)

At present, I've dug down through bedrock in the giant hole around the tower, plan on setting up some bedrock to protect the tower and outer walls and use TNT to demolish the rest of the junk separating the two. Then, I'll build bridges to whatever pre-existing caverns/dungeons there were, and then complete the bottom of the tower first by transitioning from sandstone to cobblestone, from cobble to obsidian, and then obsidian to bedrock.

In addition, I plan on hollowing out the bottom ~20 blocks across the entire map and then we can call it Terminal Dogma for the lulz. But that'll happen after "The Tower of Babel" is complete haha.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Having Terminal Dogma will be epic.

sephiros
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby sephiros » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:49 pm

I had to watch some video on Youtube for a class, and this came up as a suggested video. I guess I've looked up a lot of Eva and Minecraft lately.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-Uu0YCWag[/url]

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:23 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Having Terminal Dogma will be epic.

You know, I just realized it would be epic if we could mod in an item that everyone would require to access Terminal Dogma - I'd call it "Nebuchadnezzar's Key" XD (just as a joke. I haven't seen 3.0 yet so I have no idea what the actual Key does)

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:31 pm

We should get the Aether mod, and put a portal to the Aether as the top floor of the Tower.
/hj

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:59 pm

View Original PostAgentomega wrote:(just as a joke. I haven't seen 3.0 yet so I have no idea what the actual Key does)

For a second, I thought I was gonna have to go all "THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!" on your ass the next time I logged in. :lol:

...Which wouldn't go too well for me, since you're basically a god as far as my character is concerned.... :lol:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”