Evangelion 4.0, do you really want an alternate ending?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Or ideas for more spinoffs, e.g. Girlfriend of Steel 3 and an Ayanami Raising Project reboot with a new Mari route.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Endings, YEAH! BD

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Not only will there be an alternate ending, they will also produce a lower-animated quality, TV ending that shows everything going inside one of the characters minds. (Here's hoping it's Kaji, if he doesn't die again... but It'll probably be Mari.)
Last edited by Alaska Slim on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:51 pm

If that happens then hurray!!!

But then would history repeat itself & we'd get EVANGELION 5.0: YOU DID (NOT) SEE AN ENDING?

Chrad
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Endings, YEAH! BD

•      
  •      

Postby Chrad » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:58 pm

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:Not only will there be an alternate ending, they will also produce a lower-animated quality, TV ending that shows everything going inside one of the characters minds. (Here's hoping it Kaji, if he doesn't die again... but It'll probably be Mari.)

Rebuild
Focus on someone other than Shinji

Pick one.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:56 am

Misato's life before Nerv could be explored further, Second Impact and afterwards.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:34 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Misato's life before Nerv could be explored further, Second Impact and afterwards.

That thought has popped into my mind. If the UN (or the UN under SEELE's orders) have put NERV HQ on lockdown, maybe Misato could reminisce about the moments after Second Impact while undergoing interrogation.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:23 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:maybe Misato could reminisce about the moments after Second Impact while undergoing interrogation.

It would be interesting, I just keep thinking back to the Silhouette from a while back.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Re: Evangelion 4.0, do you really want an alternate ending?

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:26 pm

View Original PostKLVTZ wrote:A)Do you want an alternate ending despite the possibility that Anno may never fully explain the final scene in EoE

Ever since 1.XX was originally released I've been anticipated a complete alternate ending. At this point I'm expecting it.

I wouldn't want the NME movie series to end with somehow explaining the ending to EoE. EoE's end is better off just being open to interpretation and fans ripping each other apart trying to figure it out.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:12 pm

I think it's going to be a different ending, and yes, I want a different one.

Shinji ends up being in a final fight with Kaworu in the ruins of Arka, with Kaworu asking Shinji to free him from his angel instincts imbued into him him, Shinji fires a laser and the scene cuts to a city where Nanoha is sitting down, watching a park, Ichigo ice skating, Alto piloting his mecha, Yomi Isayama taking Kagura to an Ice Cream parlor and finding Kampfer Shizuku Sango, the whole Index crew, the Kampfer team and the Naruto cast, then we cut to an hotel where the Nasu crew stays, a highschool with HDxd and Code Geass cast that is side by side with the HOTD crew acting like normal teens. Then we cut to the Toaru, strike witches and Skirei crew fighting and the ff fnc crew sight seeing, the Mew cast running, and after that, we see the Vocaloids and Radiant Mythology 1 2 3 relaxing. Afterwards, Shinji wakes up and sits up on the chair and laughs before the camera cuts to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LFDFIB-25c

And Kaworu smiling at the end saying, you did it Shinji, the dream of the FAR, came finally true.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

ScottAsher
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ScottAsher » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:21 pm

While I do want a different ending, I still want it all to come TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOOOWWWWWN.

No matter what happens, Komm Susser Todd needs to play at least once. Even if it's just playing from Shinji's cassette player at some point.

PolarisX
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PolarisX » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:49 pm

View Original PostScottAsher wrote:While I do want a different ending, I still want it all to come TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOOOWWWWWN.

No matter what happens, Komm Susser Todd needs to play at least once. Even if it's just playing from Shinji's cassette player at some point.

They really should do some homage or usage of this song. Now I need to play it on repeat for awhile.

THANKS SCOTTASHER.

ScottAsher
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ScottAsher » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:23 pm

View Original PostPolarisX wrote:They really should do some homage or usage of this song. Now I need to play it on repeat for awhile.

THANKS SCOTTASHER.

I listen to it at least once a day anymore, as weird as it sounds.

Let's just hope they don't use the 2012 version.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:56 am

View Original PostJinroh wrote:Well, I hope it will make such a crapload amount of money that we're going to have an open ending potentially followed by a new series or movies.
Why do people want an open ending? It leaves questions unanswered. And I think Rebuild should end the series, no sense in continuing something that has already ended.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:03 am

View Original PostScottAsher wrote:No matter what happens, Komm Susser Todd needs to play at least once. Even if it's just playing from Shinji's cassette player at some point.

I think that's out of the question - IIRC, Rei had Shinji's S-DAT with her when EVA-00 was eaten.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:11 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:I think that's out of the question - IIRC, Rei had Shinji's S-DAT with her when EVA-00 was eaten.
She still had it in her hand when Shinji saved her. No one knows if it still works or not.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:19 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:She still had it in her hand when Shinji saved her. No one knows if it still works or not.

It broke after Mari crashed into Shinji during her roof entrance. Not that it matters because Rei holds the same symbolic significance of the S-Dat. Shinji isolating himself from everybody except Rei to avoid pain of the outside world.

ScottAsher
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ScottAsher » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:54 pm

View Original PostNa7e wrote:It broke after Mari crashed into Shinji during her roof entrance. Not that it matters because Rei holds the same symbolic significance of the S-Dat. Shinji isolating himself from everybody except Rei to avoid pain of the outside world.

It just skipped to track 27. It still plays music, just not the same songs.

EDIT: Maybe Apple pays some money and he ends up replacing it with a FABULOUS NEW IPOD TOUCH BUY TODAY

You never know, I mean lays chips are everywhere in the first (and maybe second, not sure) movie.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:57 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:She still had it in her hand when Shinji saved her. No one knows if it still works or not.

I'm pretty sure Near Second Impact would fuck it up a bit...

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:51 am

Perhaps Shinji/Rei could wish it back into existence, like last time when Shinji materialized his [s:m7l3jbqq]continuity error[/s:m7l3jbqq] plug suit.

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:56 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:Perhaps Shinji/Rei could wish it back into existence, like last time when Shinji materialized his [s]continuity error[/s] plug suit.

Possibly, but why would Shinji want it for that matter? He's shown himself to be a cold contemptible person, and he's given up all attempts at understanding his father which is partially what the S-Dat represented, a futile attempt at reconcilliation. And, he's transplanted the love and affection he wanted from Gendo onto Rei.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”