Evangelion 4.0, do you really want an alternate ending?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:45 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:How about this: Rebuild's final scene is a shot-for-shot copy of EOE's... but with Asuka and Shinji reversed.

I can picture it happening somewhere else. After heavy manipulation by Kaworu and SEELE, Shinji tries to initiate 3rd Impact. Asuka stops him, and when she tries to visit him afterwards, he lashes out at her. She's forced to choke him to subdue him, and while she does it, she starts crying in a sort of "Look what you made me do" way.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:14 pm

The only acceptable ending would involve a continued reversal in Asuka and Rei's roles and further attempts to turn Shinji into a more proactive character.

Ergo, Asuka should turn into a drooling fetish doll and hump Shinji's leg, while Rei is disemboweled, cooked and served to Seele with tea in a fancy dinner setting; thus turning the inane cooking subplot in 2.0 into a form of grim foreshadowing. While the civilized cannibalistic Rei entree will be a sharp contrast to Asuka's savage consumption by the harpies, the differences will apply only to the literal, not the symbolic. Plus, guro is huge with the kids, you have to find some way to work it in there.

With Rei devoured and Asuka too grotesquely over-eroticized to be appealing to anybody but the socially-stunted non-humans attending the premier, Shinji's love triangle will then focus on Kaworu and Mari. The plot will thicken when Mari whips out her dick (turns out she was actually a man who gets off on being a cute, but badass girl) and seduces Kaworu away from Shinji, thus causing an apocalypse not with suicidal depression, but by pissy rage over Shinji loosing his man crush to someone who is simultaneously both more of a man and woman than he will ever be.

Shinji will then try to crush the world until either Rei or his mommy--what's the difference?--gives him a spanking on his tush-tush and sends him to bed without supper.
Last edited by MugwumpHasNoLiver on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:21 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:I can picture it happening somewhere else. After heavy manipulation by Kaworu and SEELE, Shinji tries to initiate 3rd Impact. Asuka stops him, and when she tries to visit him afterwards, he lashes out at her. She's forced to choke him to subdue him, and while she does it, she starts crying in a sort of "Look what you made me do" way.

Haha, I'm afraid if that were to happen, then Shinji would be no more; I doubt Asuka could (or would) stop the choking process.

@MugwumpHasNoLiver - God, that'd be brilliant.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:11 pm

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Shinji's love triangle will then focus on Kaworu and Mari.

Lately I've been wondering if Shinji will have some interest in Mari but the rest of your scenario... well, it was way beyond my relatively sterile imagination.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Stallard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Stallard » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:37 pm

Yes. I view the Rebuild of Evangelion as a different entity from the original series - seeing what plot elements they changed with Asuka and Rei - and all sorts of other crap that seemed to be thrown into the mix. With so many things changed, I would much prefer to see an entirely other ending to the films.
Memento mori.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:32 am

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:Since 2.0 had a pretty big divergence from what we saw in EvaTV, I think it's pretty doubtful that Rebuild will have the same ending as EvaTV or EoE.
It was a divergence but it wasn't that different.

1. The angel was still destroyed.
2. Shinji is still trapped inside (only Rei is with him this time).
3. Unit 01 still absorbed part of the angel.
4. Tokyo 3 and the Geofront still got wrecked.
5. Unit 01 still stopped in it's rampage.

There was just a few additions.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby cd603 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:51 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:It was a divergence but it wasn't that different.

1. The angel was still destroyed.
2. Shinji is still trapped inside (only Rei is with him this time).
3. Unit 01 still absorbed part of the angel.
4. Tokyo 3 and the Geofront still got wrecked.
5. Unit 01 still stopped in it's rampage.

There was just a few additions.

What's interesting is that rather than Unit 01 just simply awakening, we have it start Third Impact instead. But in EvaTV that was the whole point, start Third Impact/Human Instrumentality. But now that this attempt has failed, where does that leave us? Does Seele still plan to try and re-attempt Third Impact? Or are they trying something new that we haven't come across yet?

trkk-KAAN
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby trkk-KAAN » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:01 pm

I Can't Imagine how it would be if they did the End of evangelion in the final movie and with mari in it? :P

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:51 pm

View Original Postcd603 wrote:Does Seele still plan to try and re-attempt Third Impact? Or are they trying something new that we haven't come across yet?

I think that might be one of the explanations for the subtitle "You Can (Not) Re-Do".

trkk-KAAN
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby trkk-KAAN » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:58 pm

It should end with Shinji about to die, he just had a bloody final battle with The Angels and the MPEs and got beaten by them but Asuka kills them, so after the Final Battle, Asuka is looking over Shinji injured and wounded, tries to get a response from him and then Shinji Caresses Asuka's Cheek the same way Asuka did to Shinji off End of Evangelion and starts breaking down in tears, letting the tears run down Shinji's Face and then Shinji looks at her one final time and whispers, "I Feel Sick" and then I don't know what happens next, you guys pick what should happen next.

Amitch1991
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Amitch1991 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:22 am

I think 4.0 should be radically different, as in literally no resemblance to EoE at all ;)
The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth

Xbox Live Gamertag : Th3at3rofDr3ams

Facebook : www.facebook.com/BigDogAdz

Twitter : @RealAACentral

Hawq
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hawq » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:50 am

View Original Postcd603 wrote: Does Seele still plan to try and re-attempt Third Impact?
Impact 3.33

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:43 am

View Original PostHawq wrote:Impact 3.33

Imagine getting Tang'd in 1080p!

trkk-KAAN
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby trkk-KAAN » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:20 pm

It Should end with a narration by kaworu or Shinji saying something about what happened to the characters and the world. And stuff like that, I don't know, what do you think should happen?

Eliaskar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Eliaskar » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:50 am

View Original Postcd603 wrote:What's interesting is that rather than Unit 01 just simply awakening, we have it start Third Impact instead. But in EvaTV that was the whole point, start Third Impact/Human Instrumentality. But now that this attempt has failed, where does that leave us? Does Seele still plan to try and re-attempt Third Impact? Or are they trying something new that we haven't come across yet?

But if Kaworu is working for Seele, when he stopped Shinji in 2.0 did he do it for his own personal reasons or because Seele wanted to stop it? I can't see why Seele would want to stop it though, it's what they want isn't it?

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:53 am

View Original PostEliaskar wrote:But if Kaworu is working for Seele, when he stopped Shinji in 2.0 did he do it for his own personal reasons or because Seele wanted to stop it? I can't see why Seele would want to stop it though, it's what they want isn't it?

There's a reason why Seele waited for all of the Angels to die before trying to bring about 3rd Impact in NGE. Seeing as there are still 2 Angels to go in Rebuild, if either of them was caught up in 3rd Impact, that would seriously fuck up Instrumentality.

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby cd603 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:46 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:There's a reason why Seele waited for all of the Angels to die before trying to bring about 3rd Impact in NGE. Seeing as there are still 2 Angels to go in Rebuild, if either of them was caught up in 3rd Impact, that would seriously fuck up Instrumentality.

Yeah I agree, would be stupid to have Third Impact and two angels still floating around. Actually its interesting how Seele wants to keep everything in control....as if they`ve been warned of these events...by someone who knows about them. Possible squeal theory?

Lorkhan
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Lorkhan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:29 pm

View Original Postcd603 wrote:Yeah I agree, would be stupid to have Third Impact and two angels still floating around. Actually its interesting how Seele wants to keep everything in control....as if they`ve been warned of these events...by someone who knows about them. Possible squeal theory?

I'd wager the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls or some Rebuild equivalent before having some Kalpalic remnant left over from the original series. And it would still go in line with Selees mythobabble they hold so dearly.
"Oh Aka, for our shared madness I do this! I watch you watching me watching you back!"

Henry Spencer
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:07 pm

I'm going to guess that the ending to the series will be conclusive... but since this is Evangelion we're talking about, it'll be more than likely that you'll have to draw some of your own conclusions. It would make sense, given that a major theme in the original series is that there' are some things that we don't/can't understand (the Angels in particular).
In Heaven everything is fine.
2% of people on internet forums are impressionable n

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:42 am

Well, I hope it will make such a crapload amount of money that we're going to have an open ending potentially followed by a new series or movies.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”