[MANGA] [NGE] New Manga Stage Thread

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:25 pm

A few pronoun glitches

Maya holding [s]it's[/s] her pillow as if she were about to die...

And some jargon

The MP Evas and the Geofront have surpased layer "E" and go on ascending!

The E layer of the ionosphere 90-120km up

Hyugga:
Current altitude at 220 000 Km...
Enterigf "F" layer, all Evas functioning!

The F layer, 200-500km up -- there has to be a decimal marker in the middle of that number (probably lost in point to comma locale interconversion).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:31 pm

LOL!
Maya is an it!
(corrected)

And indeed, it read 220.000 Km...

Sorry, didn't saw the dot there... ^_^
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:37 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:But it still pales, by a very large margin, what comes with the 2012 April issue. As you can see in this preview doc of the issue:
http://119.245.217.79/ya/image/201203/yokoku1.pdf
:w00t: :gasp: :love:

Asuka posters do sound nice, but

NOTHING BEATS THIS

And I sure hope the manga doesn´t stick to EoE that much.

Seen
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Seen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:09 pm

So, if the world DOES get tang'd, how would it end differently? Would everyone wash up on the beaches this time?
Utena figures out why the duelists are dueling but what the hell kind of answers does she get? "Because I want to find the power of miracles, I'm going to chop bitches with a sword so I can get a creepy aspie girlfriend who waters roses and shit. which will grant me the power of miracles. I KNOW THIS GODDAMNIT DON'T ASK HOW" -Azathoth

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm somewhat disappointed that it's all being the same... Shinji freaking out somehow lacks it's thunder without the events before; Witnessing the GNR was just the last straw in the Anime - Of course, it's still creepy, especially the MP EVAs, but it doesn't feel right that the reaction is almost the same...
It feels like it's cheapening what happened in the movie/what originally brought forth that reaction.

Also, Asuka seems to have been completely forgotten about.
What was the point in having her live, again? Not like I want her to get ripped to pieces, but I expected the fact that she lived to have, you know, some Impact on the story.
Wouldn't she, like, question all the weirdness or try to do stuff about it?

...if Sadamoto's gonna follow classic TI, he better explain why Shinji, especially Manga!Shinji, would blow up the world while Asuka's still in it?
Then again, if he just cancels it all on the spot... that would be rather anticlimatic.

Oh, and did you notice how Shinji stole Rei's pose?

Shinji: Nope! It was always me in the ending! Can't you tell? I'm the protagonist!
Asuka: *has gotten herseld some tea and cookies to wait untill sadamoto remembers that she's still there* *sips her tea* Yeah, right.
Mari: *also sipping tea**probably the one who brought it*
Hey, Puppy-kun, how about you tell Rei that you desire that she tells the mangaka to include Asuka in the story? Or at least send her home?"
Asuka: Yeah, you know, I still have to shoot some action scenes for You can not redo tomorrow and it takes, like, forever, to put all the tape on the plugsuit so I have to get up early.

(Well, at least, we might find out whom Asuka would have seen had she been tanged regularly... then again, the question is wether that can be applied to Classic!Asuka or Shikinami... let's wait and see. My money is on Kaji. )
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:50 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:(Well, at least, we might find out whom Asuka would have seen had she been tanged regularly... then again, the question is wether that can be applied to Classic!Asuka or Shikinami... let's wait and see. My money is on Kaji. )

Mine still is too...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:57 am

You can see what I got today:
SPOILER: Show
Apologies for the blurry images:
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:24 pm

Volume 13 is underway, Volume 12 is wrapped up: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-1462.html

Crunchyroll's article, which is kind of confusing:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/02/08-1/neon-genesis-evangelion-manga-finally-ending

I guess they're saying Volume 13 will be the end, which was pretty obvious. I think (CrunchyRoll) they got Stages versus Volumes mixed up. >_> (At first I thought they were saying the next issue/stage is the end!)

News post made: http://www.evageeks.org/2012/02/sadamotos-manga-at-final-volume-13/

Edit: Hah, Young Ace May issue will include an Ayanami figure of that cover image where she's holding a gun? That's hilarious. Now that's the kind of Rei and Asuka figures they should sell, not just them in different moe outfits.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Wait. What? I'm confused.

Are they saying that all of the stages for volume 13, the final volume, have been published, or that they've been completed and are being published, or are they just saying that they will be published in shonen ace?

CONFUSED.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:30 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:CONFUSED.

That they will be published, I think? Good to know I'm not the only one who didn't understand what Crunchy Roll was saying. I posted the News as I understood it, but if somebody else has to correct my News Post later, that's fine. Minna No Eva Fan mentions nothing about the Stages not being published in upcoming months, at least.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Someone send those kids an email, tell them to update and clarify that shit. I almost had a heart attack.

WHAT? THEY PUBLISHED THE WHOLE VOLUME 13 AT ONCE??? SADAMOTO IS OFFICIALLY DONE WITH THE EVA MANGA??? NO WAIIII!!!

( _ _)

deeRez
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby deeRez » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:39 pm

It's most likely saying that 90 is the last stage in what is to be manga #13, and after that, all stages go to #14.

It fits with the seven stages per manga.

Stage #14 is going to be amazing if Sadamato decides to fill it up and expand on events after EoE...
In and of itself, self-evident.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:42 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Someone send those kids an email, tell them to update and clarify that shit.

Done. Hopefully they'll fix the article, I know I freaked out at first too. -o-;

View Original PostdeeRez wrote:It's most likely saying that 90 is the last stage in what is to be manga #13, and after that, all stages go to #14.

Which is exactly why they need to "clarify that shit" if that's the case. Minna No Eva fan mentioned Volume 13 will be published this year, and that Volume 13 is the final volume. So yeah. (You'd think they would mention something about Volume 14 if it will be continued...)

EDIT: Crunchy Roll got back to me and said they're going to look into the matter.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:03 pm

Being the weird person I am, I've done some maths, and from available metrics on how Sadamoto has been progressing with the story, I figured he would finish at 14 volumes. If it ends up being 13 volumes, it means he's cutting out a lot and crapping it out. I'm kind of skeptical about the details of this.

rhfxz1s
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby rhfxz1s » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:43 pm

I remember hearing people saying that the manga was pretty different than the anime, but judging from that picture it looks like things are going in the same general direction.

Still, I need to get around to reading this some time. It's really weird how slow and steady Sadamoto has produced this.

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby BiQ » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:58 pm

Maybe he just has Shinji go "No thanks" to the instrumentality thing and then we skip ... all of that hard to understand stuff of 26' and end up somewhere that's essentially the alternate universe thing of ep 26, with a little bit of darker overtones of everyone's memories.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:28 pm

You'd think Sadamoto would be a skilled enough illustrator at this point that he doesn't have to continuously resort to copying frames from the original series in ink and toner. Every time I see one of those panels, I want to give him the paddle.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

deeRez
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby deeRez » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:23 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote: (You'd think they would mention something about Volume 14 if it will be continued...)

Stage 90 has a "to be continued" statement, so that should at least hint to the possibility of there being another book.

Those quoting the "13 volume" figure are forgetting that the 13 volume estimate was done in ~2006.
In and of itself, self-evident.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Clover » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Waiting for Big Damn Heroes from Asuka.
It's the best way he can end it right now.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:56 pm

Here is the ANN article. It appears to be a little less confusing. Is there a possibility that the series could end at volume 13; but that volume will contain more chapters, and there fore be much thicker, than the previous ones?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”