What manga are you reading right now?

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:10 am

yeah I've known about Bible, classic stories and even many academic works like philosophy writings getting manga adaptations (not to mention "moe guidebooks" to them...) bit Mein Kampf was still more than a bit out there...and well, this is first one I've read myself :lol:

View Original Postsymbv wrote:even Jung's Analytical Psychology

oh god what. Do want :lol:

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:51 pm

I wonder if I could get arrested for ordering stuff like that.
Austria´s touchy when it comes to things like these.
I didn´t even dare touch it when it was spotlighted on FAKKU!

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:59 pm

Just noticed that FAKKU is a site for hentai material. Why Mein Kampf would appear there?? And I wonder what Xard was doing on that site... :chinscratch:
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:10 pm

Fakku hosts a lot of random stuff the creator of the site likes.
I think they even hosted the first volume of Liar x Liar at some time, which is a non-h shoujo manga.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:13 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I wonder if I could get arrested for ordering stuff like that.
Austria´s touchy when it comes to things like these.
I didn´t even dare touch it when it was spotlighted on FAKKU!

Austria is even worse than Germany?

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Just noticed that FAKKU is a site for hentai material. Why Mein Kampf would appear there??

That's a really good question, I guess the scanlator group usually posts their stuff there (their "usual stuff" being 18+ doujins) :lol:

View Original Postsymbv wrote:And I wonder what Xard was doing on that site... :chinscratch:

uhh, reading Mein Kampf as I said? :headscratch:

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:22 pm

View Original PostXard wrote: uhh, reading Mein Kampf as I said? :headscratch:

You were not checking other contents of the site before you found Mein Kampf?
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:26 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:You were not checking other contents of the site before you found Mein Kampf?

*playing du-* ahh screw it

Actually I found direct link to chapter 1 few days ago and I don't even remember where (probably on /a/). I had it open in my tab untill I finally read the chapters today :P

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:57 pm

A new spinoff manga of Hana Iroha has just started !

It is a story mainly between Minko and Nako. The first installment is about Minko decided to stay in the ryokan for new year and Nako asked Minko out for hatsumode (first visit to shrine in new year).

http://www.comic-gekkin.com/works/hanasakuiroha/
Title: Hanasaku Iroha Green Grils Graffiti

SPOILER: Show
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:13 am

Green Girls Graffiti?
:lol:

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Sheryl: Kiss in the Galaxy 03 -- I picked it up, read and some parts of it caused me to lean forward, or even close to spraying the screen with coffee.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:29 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Sheryl: Kiss in the Galaxy 03 -- I picked it up, read and some parts of it caused me to lean forward, or even close to spraying the screen with coffee.

:rageface: :rageface: :rageface:
>mfw when Kiss of the Galaxy's final volume

The level of autismal buttmad does not weaken with passage of time. So bad it's horrible, this is why you don't let B-tier shoujo mangaka do her take on Macross that reads like terribad romantic fanfiction. Jesus. Its sole virtue was good art 'till the end.

FUCK YOU Sayonara: The Ending what the fuck am I seeing here  SPOILER: Show

I know it's rather meaningless to complain about character derailment in this manga by the time of third volume but still, "nice job" with Ranka in final volume in particular. Bravo! Talk about losing it... :irked:

I loved these though  SPOILER: Show

uwaa I wanna be Brera ;__;

seriously speaking, I still mad and the manga is still shit. The poster thing that came with it was the best part.

The manga was doomed from the start (looking at poor storytelling in first chapters) but still, somehow it managed to be even worse than I anticipated in the end...especially in the end that was complete nonsense.

Meh. Funny thing is there are some really good short doujins on pixiv inspired by the final film that are MUCH better than this trainwreck.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:40 am

^ So at the end you read the vol.3 scanlation? I wonder what caused your and soul.assassin's reactions....

And to think that you once thought this manga has canon material :lol:
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:11 am

I anticipated your reaction. I mean, the fic... er, the manga was a crazy ride that veered off to the left, along with some shockers, which made Campus Apocalypse look nicer in comparison.

Was there any other official Macross spinoff manga that depicted brutal snuff, bondage, child abuse or Les Yay? This was the only one, no doubt.

I can do better than this (as I'm reading FrothyMug's MF continuity fic).

Edit: flawed? Yes. For keeps? Damn right.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:37 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:^ So at the end you read the vol.3 scanlation?

I ended up reading the whole thing from start to finish on tuesday because I had been engaged in discussion about it with one guy on MAL and realized it would be much easier for me if I had actually read the whole thing...guhh. Thankfully it wasn't spoilerous re: the film in the least as I had feared. The final volume is completely crazy and 95% removed from either the series or film continuity (this was largerly case for vol. 2 already but it wasn't THIS lolwtf). It's a branch of madness unto its own.

View Original Postsymbv wrote:I wonder what caused your and soul.assassin's reactions....

Well, because one picture says more than thousand words here's something that would've got me "close to spraying the screen with coffee" if I had been drinking any...

Obviously the one thing the series lacked was Big Bad who happens to be batshit insane goth loli with drillhair.

...correction, batshit insane goth loli who enjoys her rapey yuri :|

(mind controlling people through kisses = I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS READING STAR DRIVER MANGA)

and it just gets crazier from here...

View Original Postsymbv wrote:And to think that you once thought this manga has canon material :lol:

Well, it initially was supposedly based on some canon facts that were not simply elaborated upon in the anime (for example stuff like Alto meeting Macross Plus's Isamu as a kid or Mikhail's genetic heritage that explains his pointy ears. This stuff doesn't come up in anime proper). It was also marketed as look into "Sheryl's backstory" authorized by Kawamori. But instead after the first chapter (which I had read before and it's been translated in english) it quickly turned into bizarre take on the core storyline. So much for being "prequel"! And for manga carrying Sheryl's name it featured quite a bit Ranka too...

Now the manga does have its moments like this :lol:

more accurate portrayal of fanbase most would care to admit :DDDD  SPOILER: Show

I want that shirt :rofl:

but what's shit is shit. Particularly rage-worthy is the character derailment mangaka put Ranka through in... last third or so of the adaptation and the disturbing implications of the ending. No good, no good at all :dejected:

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Was there any other official Macross spinoff manga that depicted brutal snuff, bondage, child abuse or Les Yay? This was the only one, no doubt.

You forgot degree of incest subtext that would make Ikuhara nod in approval :irked:

What can I say, it's shoujo. It's probably legally demanded for shoujo drama to be fucked up.

If you want genuinely good MacrossF manga get this. It's fun collection of four short stories that initially appeared on Drama CDs. Macross The First series can only be recommended too as it's prolly the best Macross manga in existence :)

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Edit: flawed? Yes. For keeps? Damn right.

...yeah, despite all I'm still probably getting these one day because art is great. Damnit, first they troll me and then they still steal my moneys :shinji_boohoo:

worth it for this  SPOILER: Show

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Wow... the first excerpt is WIN !! I want ....
The second excerpt ... so old fashioned hairstyles man...
The third scan... WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN
:) :wink:
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:55 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Wow... the first excerpt is WIN !! I want ....

so is loli brutalisation that could've been straight out from freaking NARUTARU :hohum: :cringe:

View Original Postsymbv wrote:The second excerpt ... so old fashioned hairstyles man...

pretty sure that was the point :P

I want the oishii nyan shirt...

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:58 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:so is loli brutalisation that could've been straight out from freaking NARUTARU :hohum: :cringe:

I think Narutaru went further...

They are from vol.3 ? And that is Sheryl ?
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:02 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:I think Narutaru went further...

Well yeah, eventually. Still, not what I first associate with macross...

View Original Postsymbv wrote:They are from vol.3 ? And that is Sheryl ?

No, that's fucked up shit from that random villain's backstory. She ended up stealing at least THIRD of final volume's screen (panel?) time, gahhhhhhh.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:12 pm

View Original PostXard wrote: No, that's fucked up shit from that random villain's backstory. She ended up stealing at least THIRD of final volume's screen (panel?) time, gahhhhhhh.

OK, if that much space was taken up by the backstory then I agree this can be some bad writing.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:12 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:...yeah, despite all I'm still probably getting these one day because art is great. Damnit, first they troll me and then they still steal my moneys :shinji_boohoo:
I'm sorry to say it, but all the panels you've posted make the art look incredibly generic.

Return to “Anime and Manga”