Evangelion 2.0 on NTV August 26

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Well they just announced that they are going to air 2.22/破 in Japan on TV on August 26th (8/26) for the Friday night movie (金曜ロードショー): http://www.ntv.co.jp/kinro/eva/index.html . Perhaps they will announce some Q news then.

Edit: actually, can someone translate this footnote better than I can? It seems to imply there will be something mentioned at the end of the movie after mentioning that when 1.0/序 played as the Friday night movie it was at the same time 2.0/破 was released in the theater and that since 破 is now being aired on TV that it will coincide with the restart (再起動) of the movie series (I think?). There's a note to make sure to watch to the end of the movie (but maybe that refers to the same Q preview that played in the theater):

"前回『金曜ロードショー』で『序』を放送した時は、『破』の公開時期だったこともあり大変好評でした。今回の『破』のテレビ放送も『新劇場版』シリーズ再起動のきっかけになれればいいと考えています。劇場で見た方も必ず“最後まで”ご覧ください!"

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:57 pm

EVA 2.22!? AIRING ON NHK!? ON MY BIRTHDAY?! FUCK YEAH!
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Viking
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Viking » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:00 pm

They're gonna air Evangelion: 2.0 just now? I thought they aired it in Japan a long time ago... I mean... I saw Evangelion 2.22 on TV ( dubbed ) on January 1st of this year...

Bye
俺は素人でもない。スペシャリストだ![ フルメタル

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:05 pm

View Original PostViking wrote:They're gonna air Evangelion: 2.0 just now? I thought they aired it in Japan a long time ago... I mean... I saw Evangelion 2.22 on TV ( dubbed ) on January 1st of this year...

Bye

Really?! WHERE?!
Long live the EVAs!!

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:09 pm

It was aired by Rai (Italian national broadcaster) around that time. Viking has "North Adriatic Sea" as location, do you live in Italy?

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:16 pm

No. In the USA.
Long live the EVAs!!

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:18 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:No. In the USA.

I was asking to Viking, "North Adriatic Sea" is generic, it could be Slovenia, Croatia or Italy.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:46 pm

I saw the news on 2ch too, but since I no longer live in Japan, nothing much for me to do...

View Original PostJoeD80 wrote:Edit: actually, can someone translate this footnote better than I can? It seems to imply there will be something mentioned at the end of the movie after mentioning that when 1.0/序 played as the Friday night movie it was at the same time 2.0/破 was released in the theater and that since 破 is now being aired on TV that it will coincide with the restart (再起動) of the movie series (I think?). There's a note to make sure to watch to the end of the movie (but maybe that refers to the same Q preview that played in the theater):

"前回『金曜ロードショー』で『序』を放送した時は、『破』の公開時期だったこともあり大変好評でした。今回の『破』のテレビ放送も『新劇場版』シリーズ再起動のきっかけになれればいいと考えています。劇場で見た方も必ず“最後まで”ご覧ください!"

Last time when NME1.0 was shown "Friday Road Show" it was also the time when NME2.0 was released, and it got very good feedback. We think it would be good to show NME2.0 on TV as the restart of NME series. Even those who watched the movie in theaters should watch it in full!

Nothing special here: "再起動" means some serious work is being done and released to public about the new NME movie. 最後まで is the usual word to ask people to full the movie till the end (not meaning watching the series of movies till the end).

View Original PostViking wrote:They're gonna air Evangelion: 2.0 just now? I thought they aired it in Japan a long time ago... I mean... I saw Evangelion 2.22 on TV ( dubbed ) on January 1st of this year...

No, NME 2.22 was NEVER shown on Japan TV.

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:EVA 2.22!? AIRING ON NHK!? ON MY BIRTHDAY?! FUCK YEAH!

It is not NHK. "Friday Road Show" is a program from channel NTV
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:01 pm

Ornette already beat me to the punch by explaining this better on the front page: http://www.evageeks.org/2011/07/evangelion-2-0-tv-broadcast/

BUT: Just like with the 1.01's TV airing, guess what this should mean for the 3.0 preview when 2.22 airs on TV?

Actual footage from the film proper, not just a mock-up.

The information says "watch the ending" which is also what was mentioned when they changed 2.0's preview after 1.01 aired on Japanese TV: http://www.evageeks.org/2009/07/evangelion-1-01-on-ntv-this-friday/

Now that 2.22 showing on Japanese TV, it must be the same thing.

To compare and contrast, 2.0's Next Time Preview from 1.01/1.11: http://www.veoh.com/watch/v4232631ygTGakQQ (Ignore the poor quality. Better quality should be on your DVDs/BDs. :wink: )

Versus 1.01's TV Version of 2.0's Next Time Preview: http://www.mediafire.com/?5ymjmoynjzi

Regardless, I really hope this means Anno WAS sincere with his "Please wait a little longer" comment in June 2011 Newtype Japan. And I'm assuming whenever 3.33 would air on Japanese TV, there would be a similar format of actual versus mock-up footage for 4.0 (heh, I can only imagine what batshit insanity will be thrown at us there).
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:18 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Regardless, I really hope this means Anno WAS sincere with his "Please wait a little longer" comment in June 2011 Newtype Japan. And I'm assuming whenever 3.33 would air on Japanese TV, there would be a similar format of actual versus mock-up footage for 4.0 (heh, I can only imagine what batshit insanity will be thrown at us there).

Assuming, of course, that 3.0 and 4.0 are not going to be released together as originally planned. Has there been any word yet that they've been separated into individual full-length movies? (We can only hope...)

Because I'm thinking, this next release may be taking so long because it is indeed the final chapter of Rebuild/NME. :gasp:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:29 pm

Honestly I'm pretty excited right now, though this could very well be jumping the gun.

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Has there been any word yet that they've been separated into individual full-length movies? (We can only hope...)

Not yet, no. IF there is a new preview of updated visuals for 3.0's preview is at the end of 2.22-TV, we'd find out soon enough with all the new information pouring in. :wink:

Because I'm thinking, this next release may be taking so long because it is indeed the final chapter of Rebuild/NME. :gasp:

I'd have mixed feelings on that. On one hand, no more waiting for what happens next, but on the other, I somehow fear things would still be rushed (if say, the EoE approach is taken of 45 minutes for each half to make a whole film). But it could still be lightening striking twice, who knows and they might not be pressed for time with the limits of 45 minutes like each half of EoE. (Each half could be 60 minutes, so it'd be 2 hours total, which would be sweet instead of that standard 1 and a half for the films so far. Unless I'm just pulling math!fail again.)

BUT it's also possible both films will be at 90 minutes (give or take) each and are literally being planned back-to-back, yes. Sort of what they did for 1.0 and 2.0 (based on the CRC Interviews), but more extensive, considering how [s]it's been two fucking years already since 2.0's theatrical premiere[/s] long they're taking.

That's my thinking right now at least.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:02 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:The information says "watch the ending" which is also what was mentioned when they changed 2.0's preview after 1.01 aired on Japanese TV: http://www.evageeks.org/2009/07/evangelion-1-01-on-ntv-this-friday/

Yes, it is a common trick in TV broadcast of movie to ask audience to stay till the end, sometimes for preview but can also for some hints that can be used for a lucky draw. So it can be anything.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm not getting hopeful...

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Well, "watch the ending" could just be to make sure people don't miss the Kaworu epilogue. But I'm hoping for more of course.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:28 am

I doubt we'll get anything, I don't think they've even started animation on Q yet.

GOOOOO PESSIMISM!
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:07 am

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:GOOOOO PESSIMISM!

I'm a little pessimist as well but let's wait until 26/8 before giving up.

Viking
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Viking » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:31 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:It was aired by Rai (Italian national broadcaster) around that time. Viking has "North Adriatic Sea" as location, do you live in Italy?

Yes. I live in Italy.
I saw Eva 2.22 on January 1st, but if I remember correctly, it was aired for the first time 2 or 3 days before Christmas 2010, always on Rai 4.

Bye
俺は素人でもない。スペシャリストだ![ フルメタル

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:35 am

^Thank you for the confirmation, I had few doubts considering your location but I was wondering if it has been aired somewhere else.

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:34 am

View Original PostViking wrote:Yes. I live in Italy.
I saw Eva 2.22 on January 1st, but if I remember correctly, it was aired for the first time 2 or 3 days before Christmas 2010, always on Rai 4.

They aired 1.11 on the 23rd and 2.22 on the 30th, to be more precise.
Uncensored and uncut, of course... too bad they cut off the previews after the credits, though.

The TV spot, complete with biblical quotes ;) (Revelation 1:7 if I'm not wrong)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjh9S7bQqjE

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:17 am

I think all broadcast in Europe will be done by dubbing (I heard that American movies also mainly shown dubbed in theaters) ? I wonder what people think of the dubbing? And how does it compare with the English dub?
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”