How did Seele build the moon base?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:30 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:They probably just left them up there to run the place. Not sure how secret the base itself was suppoesd to be, I'm sure there's parts of the base that are more "secret" than others. But what did they do to all the people in the original NGE that built the room Lilith was in?

Perhaps they "relocated" them to not-gulags in Siberia or Alaska?

Hawq
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hawq » Thu May 05, 2011 1:55 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:It's all made of paper mache held together by super glue. The reason they didn't allow Gendo to land was to hide this terrible secret.

Slightly off-topic: the Mark.06 is damn fast. It made the Moon-Earth distance in what, 20 minutes? That's somewhere on the order of 320[km/s] average. Kaworu travels with the speed of fabulous.
You just unlocked the secret to how it will end Kaworu Vs Tauburn :lol:

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Thu May 05, 2011 2:09 pm

View Original PostHawq wrote:You just unlocked the secret to how it will end Kaworu Vs Tauburn :lol:

The fact that an Akira Ishida character is piloting a mecha which is like the "dark twin" of the main character's mecha makes me suspicious if Enokido wasn't planning ahead...
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu May 05, 2011 2:29 pm

hot damn

mention of Tauburn had me fantasizing that Takuto is going to replace Shinji

then we'd again get delicious, delicious Takuto & character voiced by Akira Ishida hijinks

ITSA PUUUUUNCH

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Thu May 05, 2011 3:13 pm

More fabulous I think would be the development of a Ryousuke/Reiji-esque relationship between Shinji and Kaworu - Adam fucks Lilith and Shinji gets to join the Official Complete Losers with Eyepatches Club...
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

flapjack
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby flapjack » Fri May 06, 2011 6:20 am

View Original Postmastervampire wrote:
SPOILER: Show

Worker in a space suit?

So, there are shmucks working the space station, but Gendo and Fuyu can't land?....

I guess the moon base is reserved for SEELE club members only, and no icky NERV losers are allowed in.

ARS.SWK
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ARS.SWK » Sat May 07, 2011 11:58 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Slightly off-topic: the Mark.06 is damn fast. It made the Moon-Earth distance in what, 20 minutes? That's somewhere on the order of 320[km/s] average. Kaworu travels with the speed of fabulous. Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if the next film would reveal that it can somehow teleport.

Off-topic: I LOL'd pretty hard at this. But on a more serious note, how long did the whole Zeruel event take? It's hard to say that from the time we see Kaworu on the moon to the time after Zeruel gets LOLPWND by 01, about 20 minutes had passed :???:

On-Topic: As for the whole moon base issue, I'm a little more fascinated by Kaworu. Specifically, how the hell is he just chilling on the moon half-naked? If I was working up there I'd feel pretty cheated that some albino teenager can chill on the surface of the moon without lugging a 2-ton space suit around :tantrum:

Slightly off-topic (again): At the end of 1.11 I recall that during the last scene when Kaworu wakes up, he comes out of something similar to a coffin. There's two to the left of him already open and many more to the right that are still closed. Any speculation on this? MAYBE THE COFFINS CONTAIN THE WORKERS!!!

View Original PostTrajan wrote:Quite frankly, I don't see how a moon base is much more improbable than a Geo-Front. Besides, the moon base didn't look all that impressive to me and may still be under construction for all we know.

View Original Postzuka wrote:This forum is awesome. I was thinking today about what the builders of Lilith's holding chamber would tell their wives at the end of a long day of strange work, and I come on the forum to find others thinking the same thing.

I would have loved to have sat in on the planning meeting for central dogma.

"Yeah, so, just a galaxy pattern on the roof spanning approximately a kilometer. Make it incredibly detailed. And if you can, get some icebergs. Oooh, ice might actually melt... Get some synthetic icebergs, anywhere between 80 to several hundred meters high, depending on what size eva we're using."

Wasn't the Geo-Front already there and Gehirn simply found it? I always assumed that all the wacky crap concerning Lillith's crucifix as well as the Geo-Front's existence came with Lillith when the Black Moon she came in slammed into Earth and that Gehirn simply built over all of it.

cloudxsolder
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cloudxsolder » Wed May 11, 2011 5:18 am

Forgive me if im mistaken, but i get the idea that this time round they really arent trying to cover up as much as they tried to cover up in the series. Which is something i like so much about the remake. It makes it a little bit more realistic. The world knows some serious shit is going down (and has gone down [2nd impact]) and all they (the public) care about is that something is being done about it. Everyone knows, public eyes included, that there is a huge base on the moon doing some pretty heavy stuff, and see it as a blessing. I wouldnt imagine anyone would be trying to hide its existence.

BUT! If you want to think of a reason to justify its existence without spilling the beans, I think the possibility of the earth being destroyed ( or at the least, for a time totally unhabitable) a bloody good reason for one. Id almost say it would be a top priority

Its 'get to higher ground!!!' on a rather large scale. Or at the least, an excellent excuse :p

pen-pen
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby pen-pen » Thu May 19, 2011 10:37 pm

If they can 'build' an EVA, they can build a moon base...
BOOMZ!

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Fri May 20, 2011 1:08 am

View Original Postpen-pen wrote:If they can 'build' an EVA, they can build a moon base...

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking when I clicked on this topic.

Sure, building an Eva is more realistic than building a moon base, but neither are realistic at all. Just like they have the technology for MAGI and N^2 bombs and stuff, they have the technology to build stuff on the moon too.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

pen-pen
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby pen-pen » Fri May 20, 2011 1:15 am

View Original Postchaosakita wrote:Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking when I clicked on this topic.

Sure, building an Eva is more realistic than building a moon base, but neither are realistic at all. Just like they have the technology for MAGI and N^2 bombs and stuff, they have the technology to build stuff on the moon too.

All in the name of Science Fiction....
BOOMZ!

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri May 20, 2011 1:22 am

They built it using a monkey's paw.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby juaxoo » Fri May 20, 2011 3:02 am

use evas to build the base? since they are big and tall strong and dun needz the oxygenz

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”