Ayanami Raising Project - Nintendo DS

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:55 pm

View Original PostCrazy Packers Fan wrote:-Which versions, if any, if all, work on an American version of the system without needing any modding of the console?

I have the PS2 version and though I don't currently have a PS console other than my PSP, you need either a Japanese PS2 or a U.S. PS2 with Swap Magic (CD and slide card) to make the game work. So yeah, you'd need to mod your (U.S.) PS2 to get the game to work.

As previously stated in this thread, both the PSP and Nintendo DS are region-free for video games.

-Is there any version available in English? My guess is no, so follow-up questions:

NO EVA GAME has been released in English EXCEPT for a fan-translation or FAQ here and there.

-Are there any guides for English speakers that help with translations?

http://www.gamefaqs.com

-What's the worst thing that can happen to Rei? Can you make her angry or very depressed? It would be fun just as a side thing to do whatever is possible to hurt Rei's feelings and then see something tragic happen to her.

AFAIK, the worst that can happen is Rei getting her canon EoE end of her dying as Lilith. In actual gameplay, you can raise Rei to be a delinquent (ignores the orders you give her, etc) and she runs away from Sani then returns to him in the rain.

I think Rei being a delinquent is also when she acts somewhat cocky (Asuka-ish I guess you could say) but I'm not sure.

I haven't gotten that sequence, when I played through the game I was focusing on making Asuka and Rei cheerful. (Rei sounds so funny talking all energetic, it reminds me of Mana heh.)

The games are fun, if Raising Games are your thing. In some ways I prefer the Asuka and Ayanami game to the Shinji Ikari game because of the use of anime-like stills, although the Shinji Ikari Raising Game is somewhat more interesting in terms of the information provided during the game. (Misato reveals to Shinji that her father loved cars, and how Misato's a bit of a car buff herself, for one thing.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Crazy Packers Fan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Crazy Packers Fan » Fri May 20, 2011 12:51 am

Okay, back to this thread... I'm going to make sure I get this game, even if I can't understand a thing that's going on. I am curious about how the fast-food waitress ending was obtained. The strategy guide I bought shows no ending of the sort. I may scan the ending scenarios like I did with the whip one, so that if you can read Japanese, you can figure out what stats you need to obtain the endings.

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Fri May 20, 2011 9:24 am

Could somebody make a list with all possible endings? (in english, i'm terrible at Japanese)

Crazy Packers Fan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Crazy Packers Fan » Sat May 21, 2011 2:02 am

This page here has pictures of all the endings given in the strategy guide...

http://www.reiliberationparade.com.ar/downloads/galerias/galeria_1/galeria_1_aik_p02.htm

Volleyball player
Horseback rider
Tennis player
High jumper
NERV scientist
Mad scientist
College student
Geek
Nurse
Nun
Policewoman
Writer?
Oscar winner
Swimsuit model
Circus member
Magazine cover model
Violin player
Starving artist
Singer
Botanist
Maid holding a gun?
Manga artist
Dominatrix
Martial artist?
Ganguro (look it up)
Episode 26 Rei
Lilith
Gendo's wife
Walking off into the distance with Gendo?
and then 4 different weddings, I'm assuming depending on social level (in one, Rei looks really talkative, the others she looks rather shy)

I added question marks to the ones that I'm rather confused on. Translation would no doubt help.

But that doesn't include the fast-food waitress one people got in the DS version. I hope this doesn't mean that they took out some endings in the DS version, because I plan on eventually getting it. Hopefully they simply added some.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat May 21, 2011 6:35 am

View Original PostCrazy Packers Fan wrote:I am curious about how the fast-food waitress ending was obtained.

I'd suggest a schedule of attending school and staying at home, with no special-curricular activities (e.g. music or sports). Use your budget for food that have negative attributes, or indoor-sy items like CDs and magazines. For public holidays, go to the movies rather than the beach or the amusement park. And finally, clothing should be t-shirts or other inexpensive casual wear.

See how that turns out.
Voluntary Illusion.

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Sat May 21, 2011 7:11 am

View Original PostCrazy Packers Fan wrote:This page here has pictures of all the endings given in the strategy guide...

http://www.reiliberationparade.com.ar/downloads/galerias/galeria_1/galeria_1_aik_p02.htm

Volleyball player
Horseback rider
Tennis player
High jumper
NERV scientist
Mad scientist
College student
Geek
Nurse
Nun
Policewoman
Writer?
Oscar winner
Swimsuit model
Circus member
Magazine cover model
Violin player
Starving artist
Singer
Botanist
Maid holding a gun?
Manga artist
Dominatrix
Martial artist?
Ganguro (look it up)
Episode 26 Rei
Lilith
Gendo's wife
and then 4 different weddings, I'm assuming depending on social level (in one, Rei looks really talkative, the others she looks rather shy)

Those are the endings? errrrrrrrr
Aaaanyway those are only pictures.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Sat May 21, 2011 10:35 am

Ganguro (look it up)

*looks it up*

Oh Japan....

Thats the 'It's Gendo....' ending :P
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sat May 21, 2011 6:19 pm

View Original PostCrazy Packers Fan wrote:This page here has pictures of all the endings given in the strategy guide...

...Horseback rider...

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally want the game now. Right Now. You have no idea.

P.S: Sorry, I've had some ale lately, so if you see some rash posts from me today, you know why.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sat May 21, 2011 7:24 pm

View Original PostCrazy Packers Fan wrote:I added question marks to the ones that I'm rather confused on. Translation would no doubt help.

Trying to match the question marked description with the pic needs some work. If you could just post the pics that you want translation in the forum, I can help with translation.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sat May 21, 2011 7:42 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Trying to match the question marked description with the pic needs some work. If you could just post the pics that you want translation in the forum, I can help with translation.

The descriptions are actually in Spanish (lol).. if you go onto the website.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sat May 21, 2011 8:11 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:The descriptions are actually in Spanish (lol).. if you go onto the website.

I went there, but I thought there were some images with Japanese description inside, so you mean the description for the images in the website? And Google Translate could not do the job?
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sat May 21, 2011 8:24 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:I went there, but I thought there were some images with Japanese description inside, so you mean the description for the images in the website? And Google Translate could not do the job?

No, there were some descriptions (like for the Ganguro, which I am absolutely mortified from), but they are also in Spanish.

P.S: I want to get that game just to make Rei a Equestrian. I'm a Equestrian myself. Although, they make her wear red.. I think she hates red.
The Moats of Quotes

Crazy Packers Fan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Crazy Packers Fan » Sun May 22, 2011 12:45 am

Trying to match the question marked description with the pic needs some work. If you could just post the pics that you want translation in the forum, I can help with translation.

I'll post some soon, when I'm able to use a scanner. I'm not quite sure how much description the strategy guide gives on the actual ending, as I think it talks more about how to get the ending.

Thats the 'It's Gendo....' ending

Lol, so he's a pimp, as in Re-Death? I really need to see that...

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sun May 22, 2011 1:13 am

I looked at the pics more closely and I think some guesses seem off the mark:

> Writer?
More like School Prefect

> Circus member
More like performer in tokusatsu show for kids

> Magazine cover model
Seems more like Net Idol

> Maid holding a gun?
Cosplayer -- she is surrounded by camera-toting fans

> Martial artist?
Seems to be a female delinquent --Sukeban (look it up)

WTF, one wedding pic had Rei becoming wife of Lupin III??
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Sun May 22, 2011 8:00 am

WAIT! There is an ending where Rei is a Mad Scientist? Please go into more detail on that.

Also, Gendo's wife?! I knew he was a pedophile D:<
Don't remove that...^^^ it's probably true

Some of those pics are just crazy.
Also, the one with the whip......let's just assume she is a prosecutor...
:rei_blush: Or is that supposed to be circus member?

EDIT: I am slightly curious who she is marrying in those picture's.
Anybody knows?

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Sun May 22, 2011 8:51 am

> Martial artist?
Seems to be a female delinquent --Sukeban (look it up)

*looks it up*

Oh ja... Oh wait, thats not actually that crazy.

As you were.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun May 22, 2011 8:53 am

View Original PostCrazy Packers Fan wrote:Lol, so he's a pimp, as in Re-Death? I really need to see that...

I think it would be more like that she goes with him to start instrumentality. Like what happens when there is the Rei analysis in 25-26.
The Moats of Quotes

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun May 22, 2011 9:55 pm

View Original PostSomeone wrote:EDIT: I am slightly curious who she is marrying in those picture's.
Anybody knows?

The caretaker for her (and Asuka) in the game, Second Lieutenant (San'i): http://wiki.evageeks.org/Ayanami_Raising_Project
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Wed May 25, 2011 7:44 am

Horseback rider > SHE's ON A HORSE!
NERV scientist > How boring
Mad scientist > How totally not-boring
Nun > How does that work?! She's supposed to fight angels, not worhsip dem.
Swimsuit model > AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAA
Circus member > Looks more like...
Violin player > Rei X Kaworu?
Starving artist > Starving? Why?
Manga artist > Which one is that?
Dominatrix > wut?
Ganguro > I CANNOT UNSEE IT! AAAAAAAARGH!
Lilith > Crap
Gendo's wife > GENDO. IS. A. PEDOPHILE

I still don't get most endings.
I suppose they don't have any plans for an english version of the game?

Crazy Packers Fan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Crazy Packers Fan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:04 am

I finally got my copy of Ayanami Raising Project for the DS, a month after I ordered it. I'll be posting stuff about it once I start playing it. It'll probably take no more than 2 minutes for me to get stuck, given the lack of English.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”