[MANGA] [NGE] New Manga Stage Thread

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Lilith

Postby Avatar of Dreams » Tue May 03, 2011 8:05 am

So yea, according to Sadamoto-sensei, he's returning to Rebuild after this so it will probably be over a year before the next chapter lolz.

SPOILER: Show
His comment at the end:

「申し訳ありませんが新劇場版の
作業に戻ります。ちょこっと
待っててね」

"My sincerest apologies but I will be returning to work on Rebuild.
Please wait a bit"

Like hell I will you lazy, good for nothi...no I probably will...

View Original Postsymbv wrote:日本人ではないけど、日本に14年間に住んだことあります。

うわ 14年間も?けっこう長いですよね。うらやましいな。

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 03, 2011 8:57 am

Oh, FFS Sadamoto! I knew it was too good to last for awhile. :facepalm: I guess those predictions were on the money... *Sigh* It really makes me wonder when the dude's just gonna buckle down and finish his damn manga.

Well, I hopefully 3.0 production is/will be smooth and Sadamoto won't run into any problems of returning to the manga after the fact. I'm curious on just what he has to work on anyway... Character designing or help with animation? Hm.

Avatar of Dreams: Is your source the latest Young Ace?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Tue May 03, 2011 10:32 am

i doubt he helps with animation, the animations style and the storyboards are not his, he problably helps conceives backgrounds and tech parafernalia that makes evangelion what evangelion is, like tech and stuff, he has to overssee it so it continues to look like something from the same universe, becouse i doubt new characters will be poping up.
ANATA BAKA !?

Lilith

Postby Avatar of Dreams » Tue May 03, 2011 11:20 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Avatar of Dreams: Is your source the latest Young Ace?

Yes

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 03, 2011 12:40 pm

;_; 貞本さんのバカ!!! ...あまり期待しない方がいい。
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Tue May 03, 2011 1:07 pm

View Original PostAvatar of Dreams wrote:"My sincerest apologies but I will be returning to work on Rebuild.
Please wait a bit"

"Wait", he says. Do I look like a waiter?

Seriously though, devastating news. Getting us riled up like this only to go into yet another prolonged hiatus is downright cruel. I almost wish he hadn't released anything at all this last month or two and just held off until he could stay with it.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Stop making chapters!?
Again!!!

Finish it once and for all!
Bleach has been around half the time Evangelion, it's not half as good and it has 5 times more chapters!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Shogo-Kun » Tue May 03, 2011 10:35 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Stop making chapters!?
Again!!!

Finish it once and for all!
Bleach has been around half the time Evangelion, it's not half as good and it has 5 times more chapters!

That's because Tite Kubo is NOT an animator and designer. He has all the time in the world to continue the story. Sadamoto is trying to juggle three jobs at once, which has really bad schedule results.
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:38 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:That's because Tite Kubo is NOT an animator and designer. He has all the time in the world to continue the story. Sadamoto is trying to juggle three jobs at once, which has really bad schedule results.

Excuses!!!
At the way Bleach Naruto and One Piece is mass produced he should have finished it like 5 years ago!
Well before the beggining of Rebuild!

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue May 03, 2011 10:44 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Excuses!!!
At the way Bleach Naruto and One Piece is mass produced he should have finished it like 5 years ago!
Well before the beggining of Rebuild!

But as you noted yourself Bleach isn't half as good as NGE. It's easy to mass produce crap. Art takes a bit longer (though with the way things are going that excuse is starting to wear a bit thin).
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:46 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:But as you noted yourself Bleach isn't half as good as NGE. It's easy to mass produce crap. Art takes a bit longer (though with the way things are going that excuse is starting to wear a bit thin).

Well, with some luck well have 3.0 before the next stage...
That will settle us down a little...
:shinchair:

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue May 03, 2011 10:48 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:There is also a possibility that the manga is now being used to tease the fans and prod their interest for the movies. In this case, the schedule for the manga would be timed to match the movies and we may not see the last until the last movie is about to come out.

Dude. I seriously doubt that Sadamoto will finish the manga before the new movies are finished.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:49 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Dude. I seriously doubt that Sadamoto will finish the manga before the new movies are finished.

At this rate, before the second coming...

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed May 04, 2011 1:37 am

Let's move the "The Manga is good/bad" discussion to the appropriate thread: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=6206

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Wed May 04, 2011 1:51 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Art takes a bit longer (though with the way things are going that excuse is starting to wear a bit thin).

Eh. Berserk has been running since 1990, and it's entirely possible that it'll keep running for another ten years at the rate it's going. I'm prepared to deal with that. Miura doesn't keep Berserk running at such a slow pace because he's lazy - on the contrary, it's the only work he does (playing Idolmaster doesn't count) - he does it for quality control. As a result, the art and writing of Berserk have been well above average for twenty years.

If it takes Sadamoto ten years to come up with an ending to the manga that doesn't suck, then I'm prepared to deal with that too, all the more so because unlike Miura, Sadamoto actually has other things to do. It's worth noting, too, that Sadamoto's style and subject matter is substantially more detailed than the shovelware manga that make up the Big Three and their ilk. Drawing Evas is hard.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Thu May 05, 2011 5:53 am

Another picture, supposedly from a chinese imageboard.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Thu May 05, 2011 7:21 am

Hmm...im more sceptical about that one than the first one.

Something about the image does sit right.

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby BiQ » Thu May 05, 2011 12:08 pm

I see no reason to be sceptical about that image's authenticity. But if it is, then I guess /a/ has been trolled in epic proportions. (Not that Shinji's balls dropping is any news there but anyway.)

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Thu May 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Looks legit to me.
View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Drawing Evas is hard.

Is that a core I'm seeing on the MP Eva on the left, though? As in...an MP Eva that's been lanced through, but with its core visibly intact?

Dammit Shinji :asuka_geh: I hope I'm looking at it wrong.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu May 05, 2011 1:45 pm

They're MP Eva's -- of course they get to respawn. How else do we get to the divide by zero ceremony?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”