Music Inspired by Eva: Fightstar Songs

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

mechastorm
Embryo

Music Inspired by Eva: Fightstar Songs

•      
  •      

Postby mechastorm » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:13 pm

I might be a bit too late to the game (and I could not find this in search), but did anyone know that the UK band, Fightstar does songs inspired by Eva.

They are not super famous but they have had some mainstream success.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fightstar

I mainly found out about them when I was re-reading the Eva page on wikipedia.
The UK band Fightstar's debut album, Grand Unification, is purported to have been heavily influenced by Neon Genesis Evangelion.[102] The track "Lost Like Tears in Rain" even contains the lyric "It's Neon Genesis".[103] The artwork for the record portrays vast ruined cityscapes that are reminiscent of similar scenes in Evangelion. Fightstar's second album features a track called "Unfamiliar Ceilings", a reference to the Evangelion chapter "Unfamiliar Ceiling"; there is also a song named "H.I.P. (Enough)" in which H.I.P. stands for "Human Instrumentality Project". Also, the words "Human Instrumentality Project" can be seen in the album insert booklet. Fightstar's EP Deathcar also features two Evangelion-related songs. One is titled "Nerv/Seele" and the other is titled "Shinji Ikari". The back of the EP artwork also shows an image of the Lance of Longinus visibly separating the two songs from the other tracks. Their third album, Be Human, also takes its name from an episode of Evangelion (episode 22).

Here is some songs they did
Shinji Ikari - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSATwg3aIco&feature=related
NERV/SEELE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVW6J8tQjrs&feature=related

It is nice to see songs directly inspired by Eva once in a while. Though Fightstar's don't exactly name drop eva stuff in their lyrics.

Anyone else knows what other songs there are that are inspired by Eva?

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:43 pm

they're an interesting band

some good songs
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Since sometime in 2007 I've been writing an instrumental electronic album that's rather heavily Eva-inspired. It's called Seventeen More Times. If all goes according to plan it should be done sometime in spring 2011, most likely with a free-to-listen online stream in addition to the physical CD version.

The most-likely-finalized track listing:

01. Quantum Magic
02. Zwei
03. Invis
04. Treetops
05. Descent
06. Hibernator (White Moon)
07. Dirac
08. Other/Self
09. Final Outpost
10. Introjection
11. 18 Apostolos
12. Light of the Soul
13. Apollo (Black Moon)
14. The Beast That Shouted "I" At The Heart Of The World
15. Close Hands/Open Hands
16. Andante

Several of the songs can be streamed from here: http://www.musicdealers.com/artist/esselfortium

"Introjection" is an upbeat, piano-infused breakbeat track that builds into a visceral, industrial-influenced crescendo of barely-controlled chaos, inspired by the episode of the same name.

"Hibernator" and "Close Hands/Open Hands" are more ambient melancholy mood-setting pieces. Close Hands/Open Hands itself is a brief interlude taking influence from the setting and content of One More Final.

"18 Apostolos" and "Light of the Soul" are somewhat downtempo, uplifting melodic tunes, 18 Apostolos being the slower and more epic of the two.
Last edited by esselfortium on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby 1731298478 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:34 am

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Several of the songs can be streamed from here: http://www.musicdealers.com/artist/esselfortium

Really impressive songs. I think the overall feel reminds me of this album, except that you can strongly sense the music was inspired by Evangelion. Probably I wanted "Close Hands/Open Hands" to be longer, because I kept repeating it. I'm certainly looking forward to the full album.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Music Inspired by Eva: Fightstar Songs

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:53 pm

View Original Postmechastorm wrote:I might be a bit too late to the game (and I could not find this in search)

It has come up several times in the past year.
http://www.google.com/search?&ie=UTF-8&q=site:forum.evageeks.org+Fightstar+-stuck-in-my-head

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:47 pm

View Original Post1731298478 wrote: I'm certainly looking forward to the full album.

Same here. I kinda hear the Evangelion influence, but there seems to be more of a techno influence if anything, which is not bad, since you, essel, know on how to use techno to make atmospheric pieces. Makes me wonder if you're going to continue making soundtracks like this.

Either way, essel, if you ever have time on your hands, I would love to read on how this whole soundtrack came together. You probably have hundred of stories regarding it.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:34 pm

I thought that the whole album "Grand Unification" was based on Evangelion.
I own it.
It´s okay.

ERNIEMEX
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ERNIEMEX » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:43 am

Several of the songs can be streamed from here: http://www.musicdealers.com/artist/esselfortium

my favorite has to be urban rainforest ^_^
i like the songs! some are soothing to hear like Light of the Soul.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:39 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:28 am

No offense, Seele, but that REALLY looks like you're a spambot.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:52 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:53 am

View Original PostLegendary wrote:No offense, Seele, but that REALLY looks like you're a spambot.

Believe me, Lege, if I had paid advertising I'd probably be doing a lot better for myself than I am now.

I'm really glad you guys enjoyed it! I'm really hoping to have Seventeen More Times finished and released within the next few months; it's been a long road but it's finally, amazingly (to me), coming to an end. I'll post up a release thread in Off-Topic when the time comes, I figure.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:28 am

Well, there's this one (I think it was mentioned in the Grand Music Discussion Thread some time ago). It's grindcore, though: not everyone's "cup-of-tea" listening experience.

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I thought that the whole album "Grand Unification" was based on Evangelion.
I own it.
It´s okay.

Same here, it's good but not quite great...athough NERV/SEELE has been on my MP3 player for months now.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Hawq
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hawq » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:27 am

An obvious one to mention would be Misato by Saint Dragon

Return to “Fan Works”