Winter Session RolePlay Signups + Discussion!

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:54 pm

I will try to get on through either mibbit or chatzilla sometime on the 26th. It all depends on my schedule.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:49 pm

Petitioning in place of O7-chan but I'll copy/pasta her request:

<oOoOoOo> Do we petition Seele00 directly in forums or what? People need to get on that.
<oOoOoOo> We need to rope Eric-kun in immediately.
<oOoOoOo> So he cannot escape.
<SSD> oOoOoOo: yeah that would be best
<SSD> heh
<oOoOoOo> I am petitioning.
<oOoOoOo> Everyone appreciates an O-chan petition.
<Eric_Blair> and if she says no, it's cool too...

Basically, Seele00TextOnly, we're wondering if Eric could be Asuka in the Winter RP. Whatever you decide is fine though.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:55 pm

To my knowledge, Seele initially waited for Eric or someone else to be able to pick Asuka, and only signed on as her after being specifically told by Eric that he wasn't interested in playing.

While I can't speak for Seele, I don't think it's remotely fair to be pressuring her into giving up the role like this two days before sessions start. There are other characters available if Eric wants to join in (and I hope he does), but taking a main character that's already been claimed is pretty inconsiderate.

Maybe something could be done with bringing Hyuga, Aoba, or one of the other techies into the foreground alongside Misato's quest to unravel Nerv's secrets, or a Seele member (or, dare I suggest, Christian Langley) could be brought in? Remember this is pretty close to the end of the timeline, so there's a hell of a lot of room for drama and intrigue.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:04 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:but taking a main character that's already been claimed is pretty inconsiderate.

A few folks suggested it to him, BUT I figured it'd be good to publicly double-check in here since Seele's not on IRC today. (O7-chan was going to ask but she had to leave for some Christmas events.)

Again, it's just meant to be a "If Seele doesn't mind" type thing; if she'd rather not give up Asuka, that's fine too.

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Maybe something could be done with bringing Hyuga, Aoba, or one of the other techies into the foreground alongside Misato's quest to unravel Nerv's secrets, or a Seele member (or, dare I suggest, Christian Langley) could be brought in? Remember this is pretty close to the end of the timeline, so there's a hell of a lot of room for drama and intrigue.

Good point, I'll pass it on.

Thanks~

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:14 pm

I'm typing this with a towel wrapped around my head!

I noticed Seele00TextOnly had two characters, Maya and Asuka, and I know Mr. Blair's got a thing for the Asuka but wasn't playing any characters. I don't know the proper ettiqutte for this stuff, and I don't know the process that led to character selection, but I figure the characters are as important to the story as people play them, right?

More people means more fun. That's how I plan my orgies, anyway. Don't mean to step on any toes. ^^;
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:18 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:To my knowledge, Seele initially waited for Eric or someone else to be able to pick Asuka, and only signed on as her after being specifically told by Eric that he wasn't interested in playing.

I went by what was posted here where Seele said "I'll take Asuka and Maya and leave Hikari."; I wasn't aware it was because of my inital "no" to play the rpg that this happened.

In regards to the "why now?" question, in the irc, O-chan, SSD and Kaname said they'd want me playing Asuka, but that's not meant to be a pressure or anything of the sort, hence why I said "if seele says no, then it's cool too." So I can understand such a position and respect it.

I said initially I wasn't interested in playing the winter rpg; this is just me succumbing to peer pressure; Asuka's taken, and I agree something like this is too messy, so Seele has every right to refuse, and if it happens there's no change; I'll just continue with my original plan and sit this one out.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:33 pm

I'm not casting votes, I just noticed people had double characters and therefore we had an opportunity for more to join. ^^; But if Seele00TextOnly is 300% set on playing Asuka, then Seele00TextOnly should go for it. As far as I'm concerned, SSD-chan could secretly be roleplaying everyone and it'll just be the two of us in the chatroom. That'd be fine.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:49 pm

View Original PostEric Blair wrote:I said initially I wasn't interested in playing the winter rpg; this is just me succumbing to peer pressure; Asuka's taken, and I agree something like this is too messy, so Seele has every right to refuse, and if it happens there's no change; I'll just continue with my original plan and sit this one out.

That's too bad; it could've been fun to have one or two of your characters along, especially an adult and/or antagonist to help push the plot in new directions. Maybe next time.

View Original PostoOoOoOo wrote:But if Seele00TextOnly is 300% set on playing Asuka

While I don't think it's intended, I can't help but find this sort of pressuring a bit manipulative, o7. :P

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Hmm... well, as a sign of good faith I'd give Misato to whoever wants her, and in turn take Mayumi Yamagishi or Hikari or something like that, haha. ^^;

Eep~ time to go out!

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:47 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:it could've been fun to have one or two of your characters along, especially an adult and/or antagonist to help push the plot in new directions. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the props; if it happens, then maybe Langley would make an appearance or two, so I guess this means that I'm now officially on the fence about the whole thing.

View Original PostoOoOoOo wrote:as a sign of good faith I'd give Misato to whoever wants her, and in turn take Mayumi Yamagishi or Hikari or something like that,

I think Xeroko is taking over Hikari, but who knows, maybe I'll drop by as Musashi or something of he's not taken yet. :shifty:

Yep, definitely on the fence on this now. :sweatdrop:
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

•      
  •      

Postby Xeroko » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:10 am

Just letting everyone know, I will not be around sunday due to work, so Hikari will be uh...late >_>
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:45 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Seele00TextOnly: fair enough! I've no complaints.

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:So we meet in #egf-winter on Rizon.net on the 26th. I think maybe 3:00 PM East Coast time would be good, but we can figure things out later on if times conflict for people.

The 26th will probably just be a day to plan things out, maybe a brief, introductory session.

I intend to be poking around IRC the evening of the 26th, maybe not right at 3:00 PM but I'll definitely make an appearance. Looking forward to discussing all this more in-depth tomorrow and maybe even do a bit of actual roleplaying! ^_^

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:19 pm

Since quite a few of the players here will likely be unfamiliar with Kaito and his sideplot, I'll put together a rough timeline of the rather vague 'canon' we've put together for his side of things during the course of previous RPs. Mainly so they understand how to interact with him. I'll post a pastebin link for it sometime tomorrow.

No teen detective stuff need occur in Berlin, unless anyone is particularly interested in doing something plot-based. Otherwise, I'll mainly be concentrating on the psychological fallout of things from his perspective.
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:55 pm

I just took a little Episode 23 refresher and this is definitely going to be the most depressing roleplaying session ever.

I like~

EDIT!!!!!: I'm going to make Reichu be my dad. :3

See, Misato's taking everyone to Germany to do some investigating and it just so happens that her dad's still alive and kicking and lurking about there and there's intrigue and angst and oh my god ohmygodohmygod. (Hey, doesn't a certain chairman of Seele live here? Hmm~?)

Reichu has so many good ideas but she's shy and embarrassed even though they are amazing so everyone peer-pressure her into joining us and make her blush and oh my god ohmygod~

IRC wrote:Reichu> Iya~~~~ O-chan, I'm not ready~

But she is. Don't listen to her.

O-chan presents: INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT NERV GERMANY~!!
- S2 engine from Shamshel sent here for research. Seems like this is where all the research data is for this kind of stuff, since Nevada's gone.
- Some of the Mass Production Evangelions made here. They'd probably be under production at this point.
- Asuka, Misato, Kaji, and Keel all have roots here.
- This time of year is snowy and atmospheric and full of crowded markets and colourful lights and looming architecture.
- Delicious chocolate.

Anything else?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:16 am

I thought there was no snow in the post-2I world? But, interesting ideas planned. Maybe there could be some [Langley versus] Gendo versus Seele/Kaworu subplot? Intrigue~

Also, Reichu told me yesterday she's not ready to return to RPG-land just yet.

Anyway, a headsup: I'm not sure what my schedule will be like besides today, BUT if I can't join that particular day, I'll be sure to post in this thread.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:56 am

I tried posting this last night, but my Internet went all twitchy, so I'm gonna post it again:

___

Should probably read thread first, but...

Since O-chan is trying to pressure me to join, maybe something like--

Dr. Katsuragi (hereafter "Akira") actually did survive 2I. He and Misato were separated when Seele put them in containment. Misato was eventually released, and she and the world at large were led to believe that Akira had died. However, he had been kept as a research subject by Seele, who are interested in monitoring the short- and long-term effects of his contact with Adam, and in continuing to exploit his brain (since he managed to not die on schedule, might as well).

They might have him working out in the open, under a pseudonym, at the Energy Analysis Unit.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Mmkay, I put Reichu down as good old Akira Katsuragi then.

It's still not too late for folks to request a character (for instance, C.A.P. currently has 3 characters: Kaworu, Kaji and Gendo because we've been low on people, but 2 characters to a player is the limit if enough people participate.) or join as an available character if they're still on the fence with this RP, by the way.

And just fyi, Xeroko won't be able to join until tomorrow and Eric IF he joins won't be able to until the 29th the earliest.

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

•      
  •      

Postby Xeroko » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:41 pm

Just to clarify that may be later tomorrow as I will be in the city during the day (of course the blizzard might change that xD)
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:29 pm

Ass-covering on my own end: I might not be on tomorrow IF we do get a blizzard. I'd appreciate if the log of what happens could be posted in here or PMed to me so I could keep up with what happened though.

If there is no blizzard, I should be around at some point (probably early afternoon).

ALSO:

The following information is by O7-chan. Major thanks go to her!

O7-chan wrote:Image

Okay, so the "doors" would be wherever the walls are thinnest. For the "bedrooms" those aren't all one room, it's just that I don't know how many people are living here. So those could be any number of rooms, it isn't meant to be exact. And the weird lines around the indoor garden are sliding glass doors. The common room would have couches and TVs and a coffee table, the kitchen would have kitchen stuff and a table for eating. There's one bathroom, which is ripe for drama.

I figure we can add names to this in MSpaint or whatever, when people pick rooms or something.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”