Misato's Measurements

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Zuggy
Banned

Misato's Measurements

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:30 pm

Now, these are my guesses after playing with the contrast and brightness of the image for a while. 93cm = 36 1/2 inches. 59cm = 23 inches. 47 kilograms = 126 pounds. 163 = 5" 3 inches. In the manga it lists her as a C cup, so using the British system her underbust must be 33 1/2 inches - 3 inch difference, but as the Japanese use metric instead of imperial measurements aren't their cup sizes different and the cups don't go up in inch increments between the bust and underbust like normal?

We need a maths nerd to work out how Misato compares to average measurements of women of her height and weight, her dress size, her bust/waist/hip ratio, and all the rest of it, we also need a photoshop nerd to use their magic to remove the scribble and reveal the correct numbers underneath first.

This is important!

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Re: Misato's Measurements

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:17 pm

The GREATNESS that is Sir-Mix-a-Lot (spoke/sung and) wrote:Thirty-six, twenty-four, thirty-six, ha ha. Only if she's 5'3"! *record scratches*
she might actually be close to 5'3" now that I theoretically apply classic stereotypes
Zugzwang wrote:<snip>

This is important!
Bah, yeah right! :P
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:49 pm

I'm pretty sure the "93" should be an "83".
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:27 pm

Any thread about Misato's bust size is okay in my book.

Carry on...
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:46 pm

It looks like an 85 or a 95, IMO. 95 should be right, since one of the old scale comparisions listed her as about 5'4".

AO blood type? There's an A, B, AB and O, but not AO. Or does that mean A- (A negative, Rh negative).
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:11 pm

Does anyone else think she looks an awful lot like Yukari in that mugshot?

Shawn Dudley
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Shawn Dudley » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:17 pm

AO blood type? There's an A, B, AB and O, but not AO. Or does that mean A- (A negative, Rh negative).

Actually, there is an AO. There are two types of A: AA and AO.

None the less, the real important issue is her cup size...
"Do not believe in yourself! Believe in Me, who believes in you." -Kamina the Great

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:20 pm

Misato's mugshot is win.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:54 pm

this is of vital importance to the Project

nonetheless, I don't think we can reliably get the info by playing with the contrast of the above image.

We need to see if it is EVER seen at another point.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:37 am

V wrote:We need to see if it is EVER seen at another point.

it is not, as far as the original series is concerned.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:02 am

NAveryW wrote:I'm pretty sure the "93" should be an "83".

It might be an 8, but you're going to have to prove that somehow because you're asking me to take a whole 10 CENTIMETRES off her bust size.

V wrote:nonetheless, I don't think we can reliably get the info by playing with the contrast of the above image.

This is the best screenshot I could get. Don't use the picture in the OP because it's compressed and stuff - a scan of the actual cel would be perfect though.

What use is your science if you can't even remove some scribbles from an ID card? If you play with the brightness and contrast in real-time while looking at the image some of the numbers become more clear while others become less clear, doesn’t photoshop have other things like sharpness or hue you can fiddle with?

V wrote:We need to see if it is EVER seen at another point.

Aye, is there anything like this in the manga? All I remember is either at the beginning of volume 2 or 3 you had a picture of Misato with some text around her, and one of those bits of text said she was a C cup.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:34 am

Zugzwang wrote:
NAveryW wrote:I'm pretty sure the "93" should be an "83".

It might be an 8, but you're going to have to prove that somehow because you're asking me to take a whole 10 CENTIMETRES off her bust size.

Asuka's bust size seems to fluctuate throughout the series, so should we really worry about whether or not its 83 vs. 93? Why not both? Why not throw in 103 just for good measure?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:35 pm

Misato's ID is seen again, without the scribbles, in episode 25.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:47 pm

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:14 pm

BrikHaus wrote:Asuka's bust size seems to fluctuate throughout the series, so should we really worry about whether or not its 83 vs. 93? Why not both? Why not throw in 103 just for good measure?

Because these are the official measurements of the characters that don't fluctuate. Another thing I thought of is Rei's security card in Rebuild is different to the one in the TV series, so maybe that has her measurements unnecessarily on it like Misato's?

Ornette wrote:http://www.tesuji.org/images/ep25_misato_id.jpg

Darn, so it WAS 83 and 82 and not a 93 and 92.

83 centimetres = 32 inches, that means her underbust must be 29 inches... that can't be right.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:19 pm

Asuka's bust size seems to fluctuate throughout the series, so should we really worry about whether or not its 83 vs. 93? Why not both? Why not throw in 103 just for good measure?

It's all thermal expansion! This is also why the evas sizes aren't consistant! This is also why we can't see the penis parts of Kaworu and Shinji in their nude shots! It's all thermal expansion!
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:44 pm

What use is your science if you can't even remove some scribbles from an ID card?

I'm just saying that I don't think we'll ever be able to get a solid confirmation using the scribbled shot; it was a good idea but leaves too much open.

Reichu wrote:Misato's ID is seen again, without the scribbles, in episode 25.

@Reichu - is that the original Episode 25? During what scene exactly?

@Ornette - where is that pic from (scene)?
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:52 pm

V: It's 15 minutes into episode 25 of the TV series.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:00 pm

The piece of paper behind it shows her birthdate, too, 1986/12/8. Wonder what 2010/6/1 and 2008/8/3 are?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:57 pm

TriLink wrote:Any thread about Misato's bust size is okay in my book.

Carry on...
I won.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”