As if you needed more motivation to come to Otakon...

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

As if you needed more motivation to come to Otakon...

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:44 pm

I'm surprised no-one has posted this yet. It looks like Seiji Mizushima, director of episodes five through nine of Evangelion, is going to be a guest of honor at Otakon this year:

[url]http://www.otakon.com/guests_production.asp#mizushima[/url]

Monkey, any chance of an appearance at your panel?

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Re: As if you needed more motivation to come to Otakon...

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:51 pm

drinian wrote:I'm surprised no-one has posted this yet. It looks like Seiji Mizushima, director of episodes five through nine of Evangelion, is going to be a guest of honor at Otakon this year:

[url]http://www.otakon.com/guests_production.asp#mizushima[/url]

Monkey, any chance of an appearance at your panel?

If anyone's not already going, do they have a chance of scoring tickets now? It's pretty close, now.

:already has tickets:
Natsukashii, ne?

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:20 pm

^ You lucky dog.

I would've gone, if...

1 - ... I were at least 18 years old.
3 - ... I lived closer to USA than Sweden.
2 - ... I had any money. (Told'ya, US imports are too frigging expensive for us poor teens!)
Asuka > Rei

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:03 pm

Ryo wrote:^ You lucky dog.

I would've gone, if...

1 - ... I were at least 18 years old.
3 - ... I lived closer to USA than Sweden.
2 - ... I had any money. (Told'ya, US imports are too frigging expensive for us poor teens!)

I think I live a comparable distance away, actually. The UK and Sweden aren't precisely neighbours, but we aren't too far apart. With regards to age, then your year will someday come, right? You can easily go in a couple of years.
Natsukashii, ne?

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:07 pm

Soluzar wrote:If anyone's not already going, do they have a chance of scoring tickets now? It's pretty close, now.

Yeah, you can even buy a membership at the door, as I did last year. While they are capping attendance at 25,000, their website shows that they have 5,811 registration slots left.

You're coming from the UK, though? That's kind of crazy -- I'm not sure I would go if the thing weren't fifteen minutes from my house.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:20 pm

This is probly as close to anno as well get. 2nd assistant head director number five.

Unless my assesment is %100 on can some one tell me about this gentalmen and his role in eva over all?
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:22 pm

drinian wrote:
Soluzar wrote:If anyone's not already going, do they have a chance of scoring tickets now? It's pretty close, now.

Yeah, you can even buy a membership at the door, as I did last year. While they are capping attendance at 25,000, their website shows that they have 5,811 registration slots left.

You're coming from the UK, though? That's kind of crazy -- I'm not sure I would go if the thing weren't fifteen minutes from my house.

I'm not actually travelling to the US just to go to Otakon, I have another reason.
Natsukashii, ne?

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:24 pm

DatDude wrote:This is probly as close to anno as well get. 2nd assistant head director number five.

Unless my assesment is %100 on can some one tell me about this gentalmen and his role in eva over all?

Well, that's probably not quite fair. I don't get the impression that Anno is an auteur in the same sense that, say, Miyazaki is. The episode directors are quite important -- he was, clearly, pretty important to the process of the creation of the series. It's not like Otakon's bringing over "Some Korean Guy Who Worked in Gainax's Animation Sweatshop Doing Fill-In Frames on Evangelion" and billing him as a creator of the series.

Soluzar wrote:I'm not actually travelling to the US just to go to Otakon, I have another reason.

Right. Sorry if I sounded rude. On the other hand, Frommer's named Baltimore one of the top ten global destinations for 2005 (I'm as surprised as anyone...): [url]http://www.frommers.com/articles/2853.html[/url] :)

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:55 pm

As ure as I am that theirs some fan out their that re convinced aias are highr form of life just becaus thy make anime. I with draw my crack. :wink:

If the man directed EP 8 that gave use the red haird goddess, I can find it in my heart to respect the man.

I'm not going but that the man for me, give him your first born or something, and I'll buy you a coke when you get back. :P
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:56 pm

drinian wrote:
DatDude wrote:This is probly as close to anno as well get. 2nd assistant head director number five.

Well, that's probably not quite fair. I don't get the impression that Anno is an auteur in the same sense that, say, Miyazaki is. The episode directors are quite important -- he was, clearly, pretty important to the process of the creation of the series. It's not like Otakon's bringing over "Some Korean Guy Who Worked in Gainax's Animation Sweatshop Doing Fill-In Frames on Evangelion" and billing him as a creator of the series.

It sure as hell sounds that way to me! I'm not going to get excited about this prospect, unless one of the resident experts decides to tell me I'm wrong.

Soluzar wrote:I'm not actually travelling to the US just to go to Otakon, I have another reason.

Right. Sorry if I sounded rude. On the other hand, Frommer's named Baltimore one of the top ten global destinations for 2005 (I'm as surprised as anyone...): [url]http://www.frommers.com/articles/2853.html[/url] :)

You didn't sound at all rude, I assure you. Oddly enough, Baltimore isn't even my destination, if by that you would mean the place where my plane is landing.
Natsukashii, ne?

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:35 pm

I hope his panel is Friday or Saturday early afternoon then. I'll definitely be there during those times. I can't believe that many people pre-registered (including me). I'm planning on picking up my badge Thursday evening now. I heard that the lines can get ridiculously long Friday morning.

Soluzar, where will you be landing then?
Alex D.

Return to “Fan Works”