Evangelion Tarot Deck

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:48 pm

Argh, Sorry this took me so long. I'm going to get the sketching done for Kensuke soon.

But anyways, the actual point of my post, here is your Ayanami;

The High Priestess

I hope that turned out okay. I just did a little border thing to see how it would look and such. Hope you didnt mind, Somnius. :D

Edit> Okay, the link is updated. It should be the final version of the card showing up now.
Last edited by Asuka Langley on Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:11 pm

I haven't read the whole thread, so maybe someone said this already, but I think Gendo should be the Magician, and Lorentz should the be Emperor. But then, you seem to have the pairing of Yui and Lorentz... well, SEELE did fund her research, no?

Bah, I'm confused. I have no idea what I'm talking about. Scrap what I said. Adam and Lilith as Emperor and Empress. Lilith ertainly fits that role better than Yui, I think.

Oh, and Kaworu ought to be the Hanged Man. Kyoto seems to fit better as Death. Iknow there is a ddesire to play upon the fact that She hanged herself, but there doesn't seem to be any death qualities for Kaworu that I can bring myself to be aware of.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:45 pm

Asuka Langley wrote:Argh, Sorry this took me so long. I'm going to get the sketching done for Kensuke soon.

But anyways, the actual point of my post, here is your Ayanami;

The High Priestess

I hope that turned out okay. I just did a little border thing to see how it would look and such. Hope you didnt mind, Somnius. :D

:oggles pic: Ooooooooooooooo, aaaaaaaaaa. Very nice. The mood and tone are all great and match the title and purpose of the card. And Rei looks awesome, I like how give the Eva characters a more human look and longer faces. And all the blues complement Rei so well and the goose is so to speak quote/ 'kawaii ^^; '/ quote, yet evil looking. Rei looks especially evil! Can't wait to see the rest! :D

beholderseye
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby beholderseye » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:37 pm

Hey, Matt (Somnius') friend here, Anthony. I thought I'd post my thoughts on what Hexon said. While I like some of his ideas, I think that Kaoru really is ideal for the "Death" card rather than the hanged man. Kaoru embodied the very essence of inexorable forces. He was a major catalyst in change with his final movement towards Lilith, and I think the feel of the death card represents him well. He was indeed "the last straw".

The hanged man, however, represents someone who would ideally be at the lowest of low and on his way to being great again. It is really the antithesis to death.. a rebounding from it. It instead of changes things, slows things... Death is a catalyst while The Hanged Man is a neutralizer, if you want to put the terms into general chemistry of the cards. I cant see Kaoru as a neutralizer. I think he fits a catalyst much better.

I do like the emperor/emperess idea though. The problem is, Matt at least has cards that fit somewhat well for every one. The one problem in changing a card is that you have to replace whatever you change it with with a new character, which causes problems in an anime that doesnt have near enough characters to truely make the deck. Remember, this is only the Major Arcana.. we have 78 cards total, folks.
"Bush/Cheney 2004, Lets not elect him this time once again"

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:51 am

Yeah. I once endeavored to study the tarot, but I never got around to it, so I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Don't forget that the three MAGI represent three personalities, and that there is more than one incarnation of Rei. I don't know if that's relevant in any way, but it adds to the roster.

_get some help

Somnius Kenate
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Somnius Kenate » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:48 pm

Thanks for making the slight changes for me on the card. And thanks, Hexon for your opinion. Lorenz probably would make a good Magician, but I do not like a Rei/Lorenz pairing.

Thanks again, beholderseye! You could probably get any point you want across with your vast vocabulary.

Okay, if anyone with non-drawing skills would like to help with this, I have an idea. Each card has a theme behind it. For example, the Three of Swords is about heartbreak. Maybe a quote from Evangelion about heartbreak would work which would be placed on the card.

Sources I will accept are the Evangelion anime, the two movies, the manga, and offical guides.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm

Somnius Kenate wrote:Well, Rei would probably wear a blue dress in her real life. I just don't want the costumes to be too over the top to take away from the focus of the card. For example, Shinji dressed like Obi-Wan Kenobi with a big beard and cloak would be a little weird. But if it would be foggy outside and he was holding a lantern (ie searching for truth) that would be a little more acurrate.

The images that come to mind for this card are Shinji wandering in "Hedgehog's Dilemma" (in fact, this sequence was the first thing that showed me that this show was going somewhere I hadn't seen before in anime).

I personally think of Kaji as the Hanged Man.

--C.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:36 pm

Does the Hermit typically carry a big sack? I saw a version of that card featuring a burning wooden Twiggy Ramirez picking up sticks, and the sack sort of reminded of a loner carrying around all of their feelings and thoughts and desires and never letting go of them. I don't know if it's an actualy detail of the card, or if they just used it on that one version.

_get some help

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:13 pm

Is anything still happening with this thing?

As far as the minor Arcana are concerned, why not use some of the angels?
Major events, or symbols would work well too. Like the NERV logo, or the statue Kaouru was sitting on.

I'm anxious to see the results, esspecially if you got Nephilim anmd chocomanji on this thing.
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:40 pm

well...
13 evas
5 pilots
1 commander
1 subcommander
3 military generals
one JSSDF special forces commander
Misato
ritsuko
maya
hikari
touji
kensuke
Kaji
17 angels
jet alone
are dead people allowed? if so:
yui
naoko
kyoto

Somnius Kenate
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Somnius Kenate » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:37 pm

I just don't have time for this anymore, and it seems no artists care much about the project. I don't mean to offend anyone; I know everyone has a life that he or she must attend to.

On top of that, this forum has gone to hell. There should be a minimum age limit of 16 before one can post and/or penalties for not speaking or attempting to speak in proper English. I think there is very little left to discuss in this Japanese anime.

Anyways, whatever moderator can close this thread and allow people to talk about having sex with anime characters in others if that is his or her's wish. I still maintain an interest in anime, tarot, and the like, don't get me wrong; I just have too much to do with school, work, and life.

I hope everyone has fun on these forums--discussing Evangelion, insulting someone via a computer about who is getting some or not, and trying to find loopholes in the rules. Maybe I'll come back to this project; maybe I won't if anyone cares. Farewell.

Rêvez comme si vous vivrez pour toujours ; Vivez comme si vous mourrez aujourd'hui.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:56 pm

Ahh this sucks!! I wanted to see the cards! damn teenagers! :evil:
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:41 pm

Ouch! I think we offended somebody...

Come on, man, it's all in good fun. There's nothing wrong with having a goofing around a little. I think it's alittle hasty to say this forum's gone to hell.

I'm sorry to hear you can't do the cards. It was a awesome idea!

I have a tarot deck at home if anybody is interested in trying to build a new Eva deck. I might try sketching something myself, but it will be pretty underwhelming.

(and no for anybody who's aksing, I don't have a lot of time on my hand I'm just obsessed)
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:11 am

Unfortuneatly, those with near limitless amounts of free time (me, for example) fall into one of two categories: A) can't draw for shit or B) are lazy bastards. I fall into the first one, *sigh*, if only I could draw Rei... Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that your leaving us Somnius. Your right about that age limit/grammatical requirement, but I also think there is a lot of good discussion going on here.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

chocomanji
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby chocomanji » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:51 am

Dude...that makes me sad. :cry: I still want to do this project, but due to college...and the fact I have problems with my upper body (I'm in constant pain all the time, but I just got a MRI that should clear up some things)...I can hardly draw with my little bit of free time. I've been more interested in original art lately too instead of fan art - you can't blame me for that! >P

I'm sorry. :(

reagen
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby reagen » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:29 am

Wow!! Cool Projects!! Too bad, it stopped!!
Can you guys post anything you've done here? I'm really looking forward to it!!
And, Asukalangley...what happen to the link? I can't see the card!!
She Smell Like Angels Ought To Smell
The Perfect Woman, The Goddess...
Worth Killing For, Worth Dying For, Worth Going To Hell For....
------------------------------------------------------
I Can Only Love One Woman,
No Matter The Day, No Matter The Era
That Will Not Change...

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:59 am

You may want to pad your deck by employing some specific Angels, if it seems at all plausible to you. And while we may hate them, don't forget GAINAX's own apochryphal characters.

I don't really like the idea of using quotes to occupy cards. Using events is enough of a stretch for me.

As for participation, I'm afraid I'm not one of the better artists here. Treatment of finished products, on the other hand, might be a different story. (Translation: filters you could use yourself, and criticism.) I do recal seeing a Rei tarot card that I was not at all impressed with (no offense if that was one of yours, though I believe the person who crafted it did it on the fly).

Anyway, I think this is definitely one of the better Evangelion fan projects one could occupy themselves with. I'm actually kind of surprised that GAINAX hasn;t made these. (Or did they?...)

_get some help

poetic_assassin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby poetic_assassin » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:34 am

Rods, swords, cups and pentacles? Maybe the Rods should be the spear of Longinus and swords should be those knives the Evas use.

Return to “Fan Works”