The Official Eva AMV Ideas Thread

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:28 am

I've always said that this would be a good song to use in an NGE AMV, if done properly. So many lines just synch up so well if you read into it a little.

It has to use the last scene of EoE, though, when it comes to those last few repeated lines ("Touch her eyes / Press my stained face / I will never be clean again").

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Why is there no "Bad Romance" Eva AMV?

Quiet, you. I still have that permanently stuck somewhere in the back of my mind, thank you very much. :tongue:

@ SSD: :rofl:
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:54 am

I think this song might work if someone wanted to do a somewhat humorous Shinji & Asuka AMV. Some of the lyrics work almost too well (especially if you like the ADV dub).
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:35 pm

An insane tour-de-force of Evangelion AMV editing to Cowboy Bebop's "Tank".
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:35 am

Black Sabbaths "God Is Dead?" would be great for an Evangelion AMV. The song is about a man going through an existential crisis of faith after suffering a horrible tragedy. Its not a condemnation of God, its about attempting to keep one worldview and positivity (and failing) in a world gone so horrendously wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhhOU5FUPBE

To safeguard my philosophy
Until my dying breath
I transfer from reality
Into a living death
Last edited by Ray on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:42 am

^
Now if that AMV is set in the Rebuild, the question would be : does the song talk about Gendo, or Shinji? :chinscratch:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 pm

it could be Both I suppose. But I was thinking it would primarily focus on Shinji. Maybe once 4.0 comes out there will be enough footage of Gendo to have an Amv with "God Is Dead?" with Gendo as the central character.

I was thinking it could be a mix, scenes from the rebuild and the original series mixed together for ultimate psychological emphasis.

These lyrics would go good with the Instrumentality scene.

Nowhere to run
Nowhere to hide
Wondering if we will meet again
On the other side
Do you believe a word
What the good book said?
Or is it just a holy fairytale
And God is dead?

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:26 am

I can't believe nobody's suggested Mother by Pink Floyd. Imagine the possibilities.

Also, it gives an excuse for Yui hawtness and mini-Shinji adorability.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

~midori
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ~midori » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:19 pm

Muse is the official soundtrack for apocalyptic moments (in my humble opinion). I've always imagined an AMV with Map of the Problematique or Survival (this song is SO Asuka).
m.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:05 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:I can't believe nobody's suggested Mother by Pink Floyd. Imagine the possibilities.

Also, it gives an excuse for Yui hawtness and mini-Shinji adorability.

There already exists a Evangelion AMV set to Mother, in fact it is one of my favorites.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2RuSgObZB0[/url]

It could always be approved upon though, maybe use Rebuild footage?

I personally would to love see someone sync up EoE with the entire Wall album, like they did with The Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of The Moon. Maybe not the entire film cause I think The Wall album is longer than EoE.

Here's some other idea's that I think were cool:

Beautiful Loser by Bob Seger focusing on Shinji.

Baba O'Riley by The Who focusing on the Children in general, maybe young Misato too.

Behind Blue Eyes by The Who focusing on Shinji.

Save Yourself by Stabbing Westward perhaps focusing on either the Asuka/Shinji relationship or Shinji's inability to save those he cares about, maybe both?

Stuck in The Middle with You by the Stealers Wheel focusing on Shinji and his interaction with the supporting cast.

Don't Fear the Reaper By Blue Oyster Cult focusing on Shinji causing multiple Impacts.

Epic by Faith No More focusing on Shinji in 3.0 and maybe the last few scenes of 2.0.

I Wanna Rock by Twisted Sister focusing on Asuka kicking butt throughout both the T.V series and series of movies.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll probably think of more later.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:02 am

Some nice ones you've got there, man.
View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Save Yourself by Stabbing Westward perhaps focusing on either the Asuka/Shinji relationship or Shinji's inability to save those he cares about, maybe both?

That's a good idea, very fitting in either case. Few lines fit him much better than "But I am not your savior / I am just as fucked as you".
Stuck in The Middle with You by the Stealers Wheel focusing on Shinji and his interaction with the supporting cast.

*points at signature*
Looks like I wasn't the only one who mixed those two together...
Epic by Faith No More focusing on Shinji in 3.0 and maybe the last few scenes of 2.0.

If we're thinking something by FNM that would fit Shinji, I'd instead suggest "Falling to Pieces".
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:12 pm

I like amvs with dark themes, but I also like to see some that are at least modestly upbeat.

D3ad mau5 and Gerard Ways "Professional Griefers". It's been out for a while now, but I have yet to see a decent Amv featuring it. The lyrics could work very well for a Rebuild Of Eva AMV.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QJelsOHe6xk

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:18 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:Some nice ones you've got there, man.

That's a good idea, very fitting in either case. Few lines fit him much better than "But I am not your savior / I am just as fucked as you".

*points at signature*
Looks like I wasn't the only one who mixed those two together...

If we're thinking something by FNM that would fit Shinji, I'd instead suggest "Falling to Pieces".

Thanks man :D

Those were the exact lyrics I was thinking of bro.

Your signature actually inspired the idea -o-;

Never heard that song before

EDIT: Just listened to it, it sounds like a good choice.

I just thought of some more.

Cumbersome by Seven Mary Three Focusing on a collapse of a potential relationship between Asuka and Shinji

Selling The Drama or I Alone by Live focusing once more on the Shinji/Asuka relationship.

Bad Dream by Keane focusing on Shinji during EoTV episode 25 and 26, EoE and 3.0.

Immigrant Song either Trent Reznor or Zeppelin version focusing on Asuka obviously.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:28 am

An Amv about all the characters set to Iron and Wines, "Hard Times Come Again No More"

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=95itEHED8Hk

Doublegee
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Doublegee » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Someone needs to make PROPER videos using Story of the Year's "Until the Day I Die" and Three Days Grace's "I Hate Everything About You". There are about 4 of the former and dozens of the latter on Youtube but they all suck ass.

Godsmack's "I Stand Alone" and Breaking Benjamin's "I Will Not Bow" as Asuka tributes, because fuck yeah.

Within Temptation, "Angels", Rei/Kaworu tribute.

Britney Spears, "Stronger", Rei tribute.

Rei/Gendo tributes can be done to "You'll See", "Live to Tell", and "The Power of Goodbye", all by Madonna, and Fefe Dobson's "Unforgiven". There are a lot of female musicians with serious daddy issues, why is this kind of video not more common?

Speaking of Madonna, "Swim" is so full of Instrumentality/3I references it's not even funny. Hell, Madonna should just do the soundtrack for LAEM.

Yes, I listen to both metal and Britney Spears. Stop looking at me like that.
Bob Dole doesn't have to take this kind of crap! Bob Dole is a cyborg!

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:28 pm

View Original PostDoublegee wrote:Someone needs to make PROPER videos using Story of the Year's "Until the Day I Die" and Three Days Grace's "I Hate Everything About You". There are about 4 of the former and dozens of the latter on Youtube but they all suck ass.

Godsmack's "I Stand Alone" and Breaking Benjamin's "I Will Not Bow" as Asuka tributes, because fuck yeah.

Within Temptation, "Angels", Rei/Kaworu tribute.

Britney Spears, "Stronger", Rei tribute.

Rei/Gendo tributes can be done to "You'll See", "Live to Tell", and "The Power of Goodbye", all by Madonna, and Fefe Dobson's "Unforgiven". There are a lot of female musicians with serious daddy issues, why is this kind of video not more common?

Speaking of Madonna, "Swim" is so full of Instrumentality/3I references it's not even funny. Hell, Madonna should just do the soundtrack for LAEM.

Yes, I listen to both metal and Britney Spears. Stop looking at me like that.

I can relate in the variety of music you listen to :lol: I can go from Bob Marley to Rage Against the Machine pretty fast.

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby heavytread » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:00 pm

Here's a strange idea an amv set to Night Of The Long Knives by AC/DC

Lyrics

Who your leader who your man Who will help you fill your hand Who's your friend and who's your foe Who's your Judas you don't know Night of the long knives Night of the long knives Night of the long knives Night of the long long knife

Where's that saviour Where's that light When your prayin' for your life Who's that fightin' back to back Who's defending who's attack Night of the long knives Night of the long knives Night of the long knives Night of the long Long knife

Stab him in the back

It's the night of the long knives Night of the long knives Night of the long knives It's the night of the long long knife

It's the night of the Night of the Night of the long long knives

Up till the line Stab him in the back it seems to work if you ask me .

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:14 pm

Can anyone think of any U2 songs that would go well with Evangelion?

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:56 pm

New Year's Day and Sunday, Bloody Sunday. Oldies are goldies.

Personally, I'd like to see an Asuka-centric AMV using Brackish by Kittie.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue May 20, 2014 1:08 am

^
I want to try something with Ordinary Love.

Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode focusing on the Kaworu and Shinji relationship. An alternative could be Shinji just trying to reach out to anyone or heck even Asuka trying to reach out to Shinji if you are creative enough.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed May 21, 2014 2:00 am

^ Those are some pretty good ideas, man.

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Personally, I'd like to see an Asuka-centric AMV using Brackish by Kittie.

Nice to see someone else around here even remembers those girls. Love me some Kittie. (Although "What I Always Wanted" and "Cut Throat" were both better songs.)

Return to “Fan Works”