Evangelion doujin (non-hentai)

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Evangelion doujin (non-hentai)

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:47 pm

I'm curious about the Eva doujin that are out there, can anyone tell me about them--any websites where they can be viewed or torrents for them? I am not interested in hentai, although I realize many doujin's lean in that direction. Thanks,
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:39 pm

Most Eva Doujinshi that is available for download is, sadly, hentai or slash based.
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:53 pm

Is there anything remotely not "nasty" out there :( ??
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:39 am

Actually, there is a large amount of "not nasty" Evangelion Doujinshi out there.
It mostly consists of gag stories, and a few 'dramatic' ones here and there, with minimal sexual themes. (About as much as the series itself, contained.)

A friend of mine had gone to Japan a while back, and when she returned, her friend who lives there came with her.
And she had a rather large doujinshi book which was seperated into 2-3 Non-hentai, Evangelion stories.

So it does exist in good quality. Just not in good quantity. :lol:
We'll see whachu' got.

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:36 pm

While Eva Comics is technically a webcomic, you could consider it a doujin of sorts.

I've been trying to do an Eva doujin about Rei for a while now, but have failed...miserably.

Not sure where to find non-H Eva doujinshi tho...I'll keep looking.
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:55 pm

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/juzzam1/NGEManapix.htm

Why do so many people over look this? Sheesh. Anyways, just scroll down to the bottom of tha page. Juzzam updates it about once or twice a month with a new volume. It's a very good and CLEAN doujin series. Enjoy.

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:02 pm

Awesome, thanks so much!! BTW, ever heard of one called 'catfood' or something like that? kinglear from the forums at trivialbeing.net mentioned it but I haven't heard back from him yet about it....

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:37 pm

cain luppus wrote:http://mywebpages.comcast.net/juzzam1/NGEManapix.htm

Why do so many people over look this? Sheesh. Anyways, just scroll down to the bottom of tha page. Juzzam updates it about once or twice a month with a new volume. It's a very good and CLEAN doujin series. Enjoy.

It's not a matter of overlooking it, I just associate it with something more "official" since gainax promotes it.
We'll see whachu' got.

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Hand of God » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:36 pm

what's doujin?
the world is just a sick and twisted place

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:50 am

Hand of God wrote:what's doujin?

Short for "Doujinshi", the word means a fanfiction which, instead of being written in prose, is drawn, in the manga style.
Natsukashii, ne?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:34 am

Doujinshi is a rather large part of Japanese comic/animation fandom. Where western anime fans go to conventions and watch anime, cosplay, AMVs, and various panels and live programing, Japanese fans go to "Comic Market" which is basically one big Doujinshi exhibition.

Doujinshi is apparently becoming much more prevalent within western anime fandom. I just got back from Katsucon, and there was a HUGE amount of Hentai, Yaoi, and Yuri doujinshi. It was like some sort of Twilight Zone nonsense. All of a sudden, the dealer's room was just INFESTED with smut!

A good example of clean Doujinshi would be the Evangelion Iron Maiden 2nd comic. Although unlike most doujinshi, its licensed by its creator.

http://www.evamonkey.com/iron_maiden_2nd/

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:17 pm

What appears to be a clean Shinji/Asuka shipper doujinshi can be found at Pengel's page. She (I'm guessing it's a she, anyway) has also printed a lot of stuff; I saw a bunch of it up for bid at Yahoo!, but I passed it by.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Sventevith » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:43 pm

Do anyone know what's up with www.evacomics.com? I discovered the site in December and it havn't been updated since November... sent a mail to the guy but no responce :/ It's kind of sad if he put the project on the shelf, I enjoyed reading those 15 pages :)
"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Hand of God » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:57 pm

Sventevith wrote:Do anyone know what's up with www.evacomics.com? I discovered the site in December and it havn't been updated since November... sent a mail to the guy but no responce :/ It's kind of sad if he put the project on the shelf, I enjoyed reading those 15 pages :)

I don't get so much that new comic can anybody explain it to me and also does anybody have NGE romance or action or comedy stories? but not for download

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:00 pm

The monkey has spoken to the web master of that comic sight. He's got problems with real life at the moment. We all hope he can get that comic going again its funny shit.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Hand of God » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:57 pm

DatDude wrote:The monkey has spoken to the web master of that comic sight. He's got problems with real life at the moment. We all hope he can get that comic going again its funny shit.

what problems and my 2 year old cousin saw your avatar and was pointin like that

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:13 pm

I'm glad I can enlighten you cuz to the glory of all things Asuka . Teach them to curse in german and beat small japenese children senceless in her honor.

Next I dont know and its none of my busness really what the man;s issuse are. I jsut hope he gets free time again.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:57 pm

I have two non hentai doujin, one I got in Japan and one at anime central. The one I got in Japan is full of some really funny stuff. There's one story where unit 1 spears sachiels crotch and deflates him. There's also another one where gendo and fuyutski are secretly cross dressing and get caught in the act. And there's one where they have cooking contest and Asuka makes some really weird stuff out of the angel she killed, but whats worse is that ritsuko made some sort of cat pee drink for everyone.

The other one I have is smaller but Asuka Rei and Hikari all become magical girls and for some reason Touji is running around scaring people in a lillith costume which is kind of weird.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Hand of God » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:59 pm

would you give us the link plz?

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:15 pm

Hand of God wrote:would you give us the link plz?

It's not yet possible to provide links to real honest-to-goodness paper books yet. YET. Wait a few years.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Return to “Fan Works”