[MANGA] [NGE] New Manga Stage Thread

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sat May 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Rejoice! I have taken the liberty of translating this from bloody spanish, a language I have an endless disdain for (no offense to the unlucky people who have to speak it), even if I do speak it to an acceptable level:

No full manga stages, bitte~

So, what can I say?
The rays of light when the EVA-series falls down were a nice touch, as were those pretty illustration (Rose, butterflies) when Yui talks about life returning.

Apparently, Manga!Verse has reincarnation.
About Gendo... dunno, the "I never loved you" scene simply crossed the line of what can still be attributed to ineptitude, no matter how much Sadamoto tried to backpedal later. A line was crossed - this stinking pile of flesh is simply disgusting beyond words, and Sadamoto isn't convincing me otherwise, he really should have thought about that before... At some point, you hate a person so much that no sobby backstory/ acts of redemption will make you stop. I'd cite Obito/the masked man from Naruto as an example - At this point, I just wanna see him croak for what he did to Konan and Kushina... It's just wrong that this bastard should get a happy ending, when neither Manga!Rei not his significantly less unpleasant EoE counterpart seem to have gotten one... - I guess you could see it as Yui taking responsibility for her actions. This Yui actually seems to plan on being earth's protector...

I must leave it to Sadamoto that he did try, with the callback to his version of the graveyard scene, and this whole, "Live!" thing kinda reminds me of Captain Nemo's last words to Nadia, and Gendo was always practically Captain Nemo with a little more anti and a little less heroic. (Or a lot less, in the manga -.-....)
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Clover » Sat May 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Protip: Wild Words font.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:39 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Rejoice! I have taken the liberty of translating this from bloody spanish, a language I have an endless disdain for (no offense to the unlucky people who have to speak it), even if I do speak it to an acceptable level:

SPOILER: Show

Como os atreveís!!!
Mi lengua es capaz de mostrar floridas explosiones de belleza que ni el inglés ni el alemán son capaces de mostrar! Que Cervantes y García Marquez te profanen con las elegantes y abundantes obscenidades que sólo caen a los que nos ofenden!

And this ending is far more explicit regarding Yui than EoE...
I like it...

Makes me wonder how long it would take to plants to de-tang...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sat May 18, 2013 8:52 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Mi lengua es capaz de mostrar floridas explosiones de belleza que ni el inglés ni el alemán son capaces de mostrar!

:lol:

Are you sure?
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:57 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote::lol:

Are you sure?

Beethoven was a God, he doesn't count!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sat May 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Okay, okay, I surrender, don't shoot me...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat May 18, 2013 9:46 pm

I had to remove the scans, Kendrix. Any chance you could post text only?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Mon May 20, 2013 8:21 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Rejoice! I have taken the liberty of translating this from bloody spanish, a language I have an endless disdain for (no offense to the unlucky people who have to speak it), even if I do speak it to an acceptable level:

Realmente, deberías pensarlo dos veces antes de mostrar desdén por una lengua, especialmente en el Internet, especialmente en un foro internacional, especialmente cuando dicho foro es el más grande sobre un tema, garantizando que gente de origenes muy diferentes estarán inscritos...

:irked:

EDIT : OK I saw the translated chapter :

It's incredibly strange how this chapter exult an aura of "happy ending", with the addition of Shinji's promise to Yui when he was little to be the on that will protect mankind, the much clearer explanation from Yui of what will happen now and how she says that "everything will be alright now", it paint Shinji's actions in an very heroic light : basically Shinji defeated SEELE and saved the world!
Add to that that maybe even the already dead people can come back(like Asuka in EoE), and if the ecosystem came back to its pre-2I state, then man Shinji just became the greatest hero of all time! That's a very big departure from the bitter and open ending of EoE...
Hell even Gendo got his happy ending! :cringe:

Well, there is still one chapter so thing can still change, but so far from what I see
Rebuild 3.0  SPOILER: Show
it makes 3.0 all the more painfully ironic... Maybe that's Sadamoto's way to apologize for all the crap thrown at Shinji! :tongue:
Last edited by ElMariachi on Wed May 22, 2013 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue May 21, 2013 12:53 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:I had to remove the scans, Kendrix. Any chance you could post text only?

Or maybe post the scans on THAT BOARD, or did I miss it? Well, I tried to "read" the Spanish scanlation, I don't speak that language but it's close enough to Italian which makes it an okay language, unlike klingon-sounding German :tongue:, the part about Yui watching over Shinji from far away sounded really cliché but it's interesting that Sadamoto explicitly mentions metempsychosis.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed May 22, 2013 3:49 am

Once Chapter 95 is translated if someone could point me where to find it I would be most MOST grateful.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed May 22, 2013 5:33 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:EDIT : OK I saw the translated chapter :

It's incredibly strange how this chapter exult an aura of "happy ending", with the addition of Shinji's promise to Yui when he was little to be the on that will protect mankind, the much clearer explanation from Yui of what will happen now and how she says that "everything will be alright now", it paint Shinji's actions in an very heroic light : basically Shinji defeated SEELE and saved the world!
Add to that that maybe even the already dead people can come back(like Asuka in EoE), and if the ecosystem came back to its pre-2I state, then man Shinji just became the greatest hero of all time! That's a very big departure from the bitter and open ending of EoE...
Hell even Gendo got his happy ending! :cringe:

That is weird and hilarious to read, because it's so close to my own personal headcanon ending: that the ecosystem and Earth-axis might go back to its pre-2I state, all the dead people will come back, etc, and even, possibly, that Gendo really did get to be with Yui on her journey like Reichu has suggested in the past :lol:. I wonder if Sadamoto is just trying to fulfill people's fantasies.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed May 22, 2013 5:42 pm

Makes me think of the happy ending of RahXephon...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Wed May 22, 2013 11:50 pm

Makes me wonder if Sadamoto is setting us up for a surprise bad end.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu May 23, 2013 1:09 am

At the moment "Congratulations!" seems far more likely than Rei's severed arm.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Thu May 23, 2013 2:55 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:Makes me wonder if Sadamoto is setting us up for a surprise bad end.

"Oh no! Looks like Instrumentality was set incorrectly and plant and animal life won't come back from the sea of tang, and now Earth is a frozen hell-hole because the axis was a little too much adjusted on the other way...
hehehe... woops! :tongue:

Well, I guess you can still use the power of all these not yet returned souls to bend time and space, do you want to try again?"

Cue Rebuild of Evangelion. :evillaugh:
Last edited by ElMariachi on Fri May 24, 2013 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

distopia
Lilith

Postby distopia » Thu May 23, 2013 6:07 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:At the moment "Congratulations!" seems far more likely than Rei's severed arm.

it would be fun if Sadamoto put Rei's severed arm scene, then "Congratulations!" scene

not so happy ending!

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Thu May 23, 2013 10:37 am

Having a contined-sized GNR doing stuff there cannot have left the axis entirely unnafected - Then again, she never obeyed physics in the first place.

distopia
Lilith

Postby distopia » Fri May 24, 2013 2:19 am

it's official. nge manga will end on the july issue of young ace

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2334.html
http://www.gainax.co.jp/anime/eva/news/0379.html

AlphaGamma
Adam

Postby AlphaGamma » Fri May 24, 2013 6:52 am

Mr. Tines wrote:

At the moment "Congratulations!" seems far more likely than Rei's severed arm

I'm not sure about the happy ending. I don't think Sadamoto is going to resurrect Misato and it would be weird to see a happy Shinji right after her death. It's going to be more positive than Eoe probably, but I don't really see "Congratulations" in Shinji's future. Who's going to congratulate to him? Asuka?(lol)...
Or were you actually thinking about a metaphysical ending? I sincerely hope not tbh...

It'd definitely feel a bit cheap if everyone just came back to life...

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:26 am

So its going to be a happier ending(most likely), which I think is okay, I really liked the Yui dialoge in this chapter. The one thing I find off-putting is the whole Gendo wins part..... I mean that seems a bit far considering how big a jerk he is, especially in the manga.

Anyways, It'll probably be Shinji and Asuka again but with less strangling.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”