[MANGA] [NGE] New Manga Stage Thread

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun May 01, 2011 5:04 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:That's what I'd like to see, given where we are now, but somehow I don't see Sadamoto putting Asuka at the centre of 3I, alas.

I don't think that would work very well anyway. Asuka's arc isn't really set up for that, even in the TV show. And in the manga...yeesh. Not much to work with there.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun May 01, 2011 5:45 pm

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:he's not using neon deus ex machina shonen hero powers

"Deus ex Machina" occurs when an unlikely character appears in an unlikely way to solve an seemingly unsolvable problem...
The Eva firing eye-beams is not that, for as far as we know, it is "within" the Eva's true power...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun May 01, 2011 6:06 pm

Where you guys read the last chapter ? all the 3 i visit are still on chapter 84
ANATA BAKA !?

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Sun May 01, 2011 7:31 pm

We havent, this discussion is based on a scan of 2 pages posted on 2chan.

You'll have to wait for the people behind the respective sites to get their hands on 85 (which im not 100% sure is even out in Japan yet), wait for them to translate it and then post it up.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Woudn't it be funny if the pics turned out to be fake?

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sun May 01, 2011 9:21 pm

I mentioned in another thread (where MaskedOmega asked about the same two pages scan I posted) some details that I did not mention here, so let me put it back here:

(that thread in Evangelion Discussion section has been locked now, so no need to look for it)

======
the pages I put up is supposed to be from the latest issue, Young Ace 2011 June issue, which came out only TODAY (though some places in Japan sold it earlier). Does this make it stage 86 then?
=======

View Original PostMaskedOmega wrote:So the issue came out today with it on it? Is this that same issue that is suppose to have that Evangelion 3.0 news?

Here is the latest 2011 June issue of Young Ace.

From the cover I do not see mention about rebuild 3.0 though.

By the way the issue of Young Ace came with an Asuka figure too!! Unfortunately I am no longer in Japan now, otherwise I would definitely have got it!!

=====
gwern wrote:* I mean, look at the recent chapter. 'Oh hai Asuka I'm here to save you because Misato made me promise.'

I won't read it literally. It is just standard way in Japan manga for a character to avoid voicing the straight feeling for another. The fact that Shinji said that would be read by Japanese as he indeed cares about Asuka
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilith

Postby Avatar of Dreams » Sun May 01, 2011 9:42 pm

Whoa, didn't see this coming. Would have totally bet on Sadamoto-sensei killing off Asuka considering her role (or lack thereof) in the manga.

Well I guess since EoE is the bad route and Rebuild is Rei's route, the manga has to be Asuka's! アスカエンドゲットだぜ!

(Yea, that probably won't happen)

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sun May 01, 2011 9:48 pm

View Original PostAvatar of Dreams wrote:Whoa, didn't see this coming. Would have totally bet on Sadamoto-sensei killing off Asuka considering her role (or lack thereof) in the manga.

Actually I think Asuka did quite a bit of attention in manga when it showed she overcame her anti-social brat behavior pattern and joined Misato's party....

View Original PostAvatar of Dreams wrote:Well I guess since EoE is the bad route and Rebuild is Rei's route, the manga has to be Asuka's! アスカエンドゲットだぜ!

(Yea, that probably won't happen)

Indeed Japanese blogs are speculating there will be an Asuka End in the manga....
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Shogo-Kun » Sun May 01, 2011 9:51 pm

I personally like this new direction Sadamoto is going in. I mean, who really wants to see EoE ending in manga form? That's just lazy.
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sun May 01, 2011 9:52 pm

I love it. You CAN'T re-tell EOE in manga form, this is exactly the type of the he should be doing: shaking stuff up in a big way.

MaskedOmega
Adam

Postby MaskedOmega » Sun May 01, 2011 9:53 pm

I really like how the manga is changing events up. I think Asuka is still going to die though. They probably just made Shinji get there so when she actually does die, it will be more traumatic since it is in person.

Oh and about the Evangelion 3.0 news in a magazine. While searching for it I found out it is actually going to be from a magazine called Newtype.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Sun May 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Hache Mache! I didn't think Sadamoto would actually do something like this. Hell; for my fic, I thought about Shinji fighting the harpies, but I thought that would be too easy. Sadamoto better pay off on this. The best way I can think of it can go is:

SPOILER: Show
As Shinji begins to attack, several of the harpies' swords transform into Spears of Longinius and skewer Shinji, effectively capturing him. And then the fun begins...

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun May 01, 2011 10:49 pm

I've never read any of Sadamoto's manga, but this looks amazing.
Voluntary Illusion.

Lilith

Postby Avatar of Dreams » Sun May 01, 2011 11:10 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Actually I think Asuka did quite a bit of attention in manga when it showed she overcame her anti-social brat behavior pattern and joined Misato's party....

Hmm...even so I feel her role was downplayed a bit compared to the anime.

Indeed Japanese blogs are speculating there will be an Asuka End in the manga....

Haha, while I doubt that will happen I certainly wouldn't mind if it did.

ちなみに日本人ですか?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun May 01, 2011 11:14 pm

NO!!!!
I want to se giant naked Rei, MP Evas impaling themselves with Lances, the world get buried under ligth crosses and everyone getting tanged!
I don't care how he gets there or how it ends, I want that!!!

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

Postby gwern » Sun May 01, 2011 11:34 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:I won't read it literally. It is just standard way in Japan manga for a character to avoid voicing the straight feeling for another. The fact that Shinji said that would be read by Japanese as he indeed cares about Asuka

That is the charitable way you could read, I agree. But between this line and Misato's hortation, I don't think it's the right reading.

But hey, who knows. In another 3 or 4 years, the manga should have started Third Impact and then we'll have a better idea of whether this really is an 'Asuka End' or whether manga Asuka was only a friend.

Guilt & Innocence
Lilith

Postby Guilt & Innocence » Mon May 02, 2011 12:23 am

fuck......yeah!

A possible happy ending for Evangelion maybe? Holy shit, I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED FOR A SCANALATION!
Will the darkness in their hearts be purified?
"Rawr *Chomp Chomp* RawR *Chomp* *swallow*" - Yui Ikari

"Let's analyze this, if I were to run away, where the fuck would I go?" - Shinji Ikari Gag dub

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Mon May 02, 2011 5:57 am

View Original Postgwern wrote:That is the charitable way you could read, I agree. But between this line and Misato's hortation, I don't think it's the right reading.

I spoke from my decades of experience reading manga, so I don't think it is just charitable reading. I am quite sure it is how many Japanese readers would interpret it (that this means Shinji cares about Asuka even though he was quoting promise to Misato)

View Original PostAvatar of Dreams wrote:ちなみに日本人ですか?

日本人ではないけど、日本に14年間に住んだことあります。
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon May 02, 2011 8:24 am

Young Ace #5 and #6 ordered.
Can´t wait.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 02, 2011 12:37 pm

By the way, this is the commercial for Young Ace June: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc1PjP5EZjM&NR=1

Similar to the Newtype June commercial http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=455545#455545 (pirate!Asuka in new plugsuit!!), it features narration by Mitsuishi. :)

So I think this new Stage is Stage 84 Part 2 since the previous Stage was "Stage 84: Part 1: Calling"...

View Original Postsymbv wrote:At least we have the official line that this could really happen. And I love every bit of it. That is the point!

See also: The Evangelion 2 (PSP port especially though PS2 version is nice) video game. :wink:

MaskedOmega: Newtype Japan June 2011 is what's going to have Q/3.0 news: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=11154
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”