Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:40 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Also, another week gone by and still no word on a pre-order for the Mark.09 Revo.
Why.

Well, for once, it won't come out until September... Also, it doesn't feature yet on the Revoltech site, so the colored model probably isn't a definite version (maybe they're keeping the rocket for the big announcement :rolleyes: )
And in any case maybe they're not sure it will come in September, remember they swaped the release dates of Mark 06. and Eva 05... Arguably, because it was harder to make the Provisional Unit...

Also, week post...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Aurelian
Lilith

Postby Aurelian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:39 pm

Unit 450,

It is unlikely they are going to do 00 (nor 03/04). Medicom seems to be ineterested on producing the recent and popular Evas while 00 is the least favorite for what I can see.

Restriktion
Embryo

Postby Restriktion » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:20 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Well, for once, it won't come out until September... Also, it doesn't feature yet on the Revoltech site, so the colored model probably isn't a definite version (maybe they're keeping the rocket for the big announcement :rolleyes: )
And in any case maybe they're not sure it will come in September, remember they swaped the release dates of Mark 06. and Eva 05... Arguably, because it was harder to make the Provisional Unit...

Also, week post...

I sincerely hope that Kaiyodo includes the rocket booster, mainly because they already bothered to provide us with two 345 mm heat shields.

Speaking of #124, and since you appear to be the local Revoltech Evangelion authority, do you, and by extension, any of you, mind sharing your opinions on how to fix the dangling legs of an figure out of the Evangelion Evolution mold? I already contacted the selling company about this issue, but they declared themselves unable to help me out because i purchased the figure shortly after release and Kaiyodo either completely lacks a customer service adress or they probably won't accept mails written in English.

While we're on the topic of Q action figures, and even if i am not entirely sure how to classify those, but since the limbs are at least slightly poseable and the whole thread probably doesn't even mention them (although the regular EAF one shows them), and since i am stalking it since the beginning, i thereby introduce you to the new Evangelion Be@rbrick collection:

SPOILER: Show

Consisting of:

[url]http://d2ev13g7cze5ka.cloudfront.net/med/medbb-000eva-f_0.jpg?v=1364284039[/url]
EVA-08β & Mari Makinami Illustrious

[url]http://d2ev13g7cze5ka.cloudfront.net/med/medbb-000eva-e_0.jpg?v=1364284015[/url]
EVA-02γ & Asuka Langley Shikinami

[url]http://d2ev13g7cze5ka.cloudfront.net/med/medbb-000eva-g_0.jpg?v=1364284321[/url]
Evangelion Mark.09 & (tentative name) Rei Ayanami

Those are slated for release in July and the usual retailers like HLJ and AmiAmi (usually) carry them, but you probably were already aware of this. It probably deserves another mention that Medicom also made EVA-02β (un-corrected arm/trailer ver.) and Asuka Langley Shikinami (trailer helmet ver.) in Be@rbrick Set 25 and are about to make EVA-13 in Set 26.

Lastly, although i cannot assure purchase, does someone have a Mark.06 from the recent special edition box set for sale? (although i probably wouldn't mind the original #108). Also, is another or the same someone of you, who preferrably doesn't own any iteration of Unit-02 in Revoltech form willing to probably sell the gun arm from the EVA-08α pack to me?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:01 pm

View Original PostRestriktion wrote:I sincerely hope that Kaiyodo includes the rocket booster, mainly because they already bothered to provide us with two 345 mm heat shields.

Good point... But then again, those are flat and aren't that heavy...
The booster on the other hand is larger than the Eva itself, so let's start by getting it in the box...

View Original PostRestriktion wrote:Speaking of #124, and since you appear to be the local Revoltech Evangelion authority, do you, and by extension, any of you, mind sharing your opinions on how to fix the dangling legs of an figure out of the Evangelion Evolution mold?

Define dangling :huh: ... Is it the hip-leg joint of the black cover that hides the gap of the legs?
Pics would help...

ianthegamer
Embryo

Postby ianthegamer » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:56 pm

heres hoping for a 3.0 kubrick release

pen-pen
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby pen-pen » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:23 pm

View Original PostAurelian wrote:Quick review of Real Action Heroes neo Eva-01 figure.

I will just add some notes to complete the photos when needed.

Blue M-
If you can't find the exclusive edition, then it isn't a great loss IMO (unless you're a collector).
By the time you go to Japan you may be capable to get a hand on RAH 01 for a good price , maybe on the awakening version too.

Hi Aurelian,

Thank you so much for that extensive review of RAH's EVA 01. Very informative- appreciate it.
BOOMZ!

Restriktion
Embryo

Postby Restriktion » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:52 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Good point... But then again, those are flat and aren't that heavy...
The booster on the other hand is larger than the Eva itself, so let's start by getting it in the box...

Define dangling :huh: ... Is it the hip-leg joint of the black cover that hides the gap of the legs?
Pics would help...

They could as well split the booster into segments, as they have done with the heat shield.

Exactly, it is the hip-leg "joint" (where the legs are attached to the hips/main body), which seems to be unusually worn out for a relatively short amount of actual playtime and causes the legs to tilt up and down when the figure is held up. Any thoughts on how to rectify this?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Did you tried to make the joints entrying part thicker?
Clear nail polish can do wonders...

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Killer Bee » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:08 pm

http://blog.yahoo.com/_ED274AZGFINLESDVVHRADMVIMU/articles/1239245

Kaiyodo's official blurb for Revoltech Mark.09 was leaked. Its eye is moveable just like Snake and Toyohisa's and it comes with a base that "recreates Central Dogma" that can also be used with EVA-13 and 02. I'm assuming it'll be a bunch of skulls (remember that they're calling Terminal Dogma "Central Dogma" in Q for reasons unknown).

Doesn't come with the jetpack.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:27 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote: Its eye is moveable.
Awesome, will preorder.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:29 pm

I said so...

Any extra will have to be very compelling for me to buy that thing...
Until then, count me out of that one :coffee:

Restriktion
Embryo

Postby Restriktion » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:37 am

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:http://blog.yahoo.com/_ED274AZGFINLESDVVHRADMVIMU/articles/1239245

Kaiyodo's official blurb for Revoltech Mark.09 was leaked. Its eye is moveable just like Snake and Toyohisa's and it comes with a base that "recreates Central Dogma" that can also be used with EVA-13 and 02. I'm assuming it'll be a bunch of skulls (remember that they're calling Terminal Dogma "Central Dogma" in Q for reasons unknown).

Doesn't come with the jetpack.

There are also photos of the accesoires and the figure itself over at Timeless Dimension. The base, matching Killer Bee's guess, is in fact a pile of skulls on which a figure can be placed.

SEELE-01 wrote:Did you tried to make the joints entrying part thicker?
Clear nail polish can do wonders...

No offense intended, but how exactly is that supposed to help?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:59 am

I'm the only one who finds the skulls of the pile are really failed?
They're using the classical "frowning skull" like the onles used in the cover of any Heavy Metal band, while the skulls in Central Dogma had a "normal" appearance(besides the fact they are EVA sized of course), and it really don't fit with Mark.09?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:07 am

Wow, very nice figure. Looks a bit like they've struggled to come up with accessories for this one beyond the obvious things like the scythe hence the base, the jet pack rocket thingy is obviously to big to be included so they've had to come up with something else. Not a bad substitute just a shame the jet pack isn't possible. And wow. is unit 13 meant to be that much taller than the others or is it just the way they look in this pic?
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Frozzy
Embryo

Postby Frozzy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:59 pm

im probably in the minority but i think that Skull stand is pretty freaking awesome and badass at the same time shame it has to come with unit 09 though
"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!"

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:33 pm

View Original PostRestriktion wrote:No offense intended, but how exactly is that supposed to help?

:huh:

What's loose, the hip hole or the joint?
Pics! Pics!

Also, Mark. 09 lacks toe articulation!
Come on Kaiyodo!!
If you sell the rocket booster separately I'll buy it! Just don't leave us without it :sniffle:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:
Mark 09 for preorder at AmiAmi...

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:32 am

Continued at [url]http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/14663/Eva-Figures-Superthread-3/[/url]
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”