Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:22 am

My hats off to Yamaguchi this time, it really is, if that figure looks even remotley as good as these pics I'll be happy. Now all I need is a Unit 02y, Unit 08b, unit 09, beast mode Unit 02 and maybe transformed (no idea how to describe them any other way) Unit 13 and 09 and I'll be quite content, and substantially poorer.

I can see Kaiyodo making that weird jet pack thing Unit 09 has at the start of the film though it would bump up the cost a bit, just like the space sheild thingies Unit 02 and 08 come with. Plus, got to love how these new Evas don't have the fins on the forearms just the EoE evas, nice touch!
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:16 pm

the sculpt is indeed very nice, but i really dislike the glossy candy colour,and how the knee articulation devolved into the huge protuding ball from the very early revoltechs.
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:23 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:I can see Kaiyodo making that weird jet pack thing Unit 09 has at the start of the film though it would bump up the cost a bit

As long as they keep it in 2 Mark 09 figures I'm happy... I don't want one with the Rocket, one headless and with the scythe and another for the mutant thing Eva 02 "Thundercat" fights at the end...

I mean, if Kaiyodo could squeeze all this in a box, they can make Eva 09 with the rocket, scythe and the regrown head and make the mutant one separate...

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:Plus, got to love how these new Evas don't have the fins on the forearms just the EoE evas, nice touch!

OMG! It's true! They're gone!!!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:50 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:
I mean, if Kaiyodo could squeeze all this in a box, they can make Eva 09 with the rocket, scythe and the regrown head and make the mutant one separate...

I wish they would just ignore the rocket and give us the scythe. It looks ridiculous so I don't see anyone posing it with the dildo head thing, and besides, it would be impossible for it to keep its balance if going by the Unit 02 Q specs

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:27 am

I think the scythe is a given (i hope) and i can see them doing both versions of the jet pack, a rocket version and one for the folded out version, or maybe not now I've said it. Looking at the slight armour changes to it by the end of the film Kaiyodo could squeeze out two versions of Unit 09, that's before changes at the end. I haven't seen all of 3.0 yet (waiting for the Blu-ray) so I can't attest to any 'dildo heads'. ;)

Just had another look at Unit 09 and the armour is the same at the start and end of the film it's just the way the jet pack attatches to it's sides so yuo coud squeeze all that into a box. I shudder at the cost though...

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:56 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:Just had another look at Unit 09 and the armour is the same at the start and end of the film it's just the way the jet pack attatches to it's sides so yuo coud squeeze all that into a box. I shudder at the cost though...

What do you prefer?
One of +4000 yen and one of +3000 OR 3 of +3000?

visionfactory
Lilith

Postby visionfactory » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:03 pm

Why the color for Eva 13 is movie accurate and when they released Revoltech 100 Eva 01 the color was inaccurate.. why they do the things wrong when they can just do it the right way :irked:

By the way I'm very satisfied with the new mold, I will be waiting for Eva 08 beta to be my first Q figure ^_^

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:45 am

View Original Postarael wrote:What do you prefer?
One of +4000 yen and one of +3000 OR 3 of +3000?

Decisions, decisions... I just hope they don't go the exclusive route with any of these. And hey, just to screw us out of more money Kaiyodo could release a pair of more accurately sculpted Unit 02 and 08 (no more evo sculpt) with their space sheilds, with a colour corrected sheild for Unit 02. Sad thing is, as unlikely as that sounds I would buy those... :facepalm:

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:30 am

Since there's no new chit chat...
My Eva 04 (Tv version) broke the leg-hip twisty joint!!!
Suggestions?

Also...
I ordered a new Eva to make another one of my ill-fated (release-wise) customs...

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Hey, there's a whole set of Eva Robot Damashiis at Mandarake, I leave the links:

Eva 01
Eva 01 Released
Eva 02
Eva 02 Beast
Eva 03
Eva 00 (1)
Eva 00 (2)

unit450
Adam

RAH Neo Eva Unit-02 Getting closer...

Postby unit450 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:41 am

So a couple of more pics of the soon to be released RAH Neo Eva Unit-02, still looks good with only one or two things bothering me. Those being how the upper chest plate looks a little off when Unit-02 is in the stock-still standing 'Smirk' pose(though seems to not show as much in that slouched-down 'Slacker' pose), and that seemingly not even the lower jaw will be able to open on this figure as well.

Still like that it seems it will be retaining the glossy red paint job shown off in the promo pics, will make it stand out very nicely among the others. A RAH Neo Eva Unit-03 will do the same in another way if Medicom gets things right, and keeps the main body black...

Think the only bummer now for me is the Late May release date means it will probably ship just before I go to an anime con in Toronto. Which will just nag in the back of my head the whole darn thing.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/90/mraheva02gs.jpg/]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/mraheva02h.jpg/]Image[/URL]
Rei used Smile.
Shinji, Asuk-You know what? EVERYTHING in existence fainted. Even the Fire Hydrant...
Rei defeated Seele!?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: RAH Neo Eva Unit-02 Getting closer...

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:06 pm

View Original Postunit450 wrote:A RAH Neo Eva Unit-03 will do the same in another way if Medicom gets things right, and keeps the main body black...

I don't see one of those coming... Hardly Eva 00...
The long/extra arm gimmick of Eva 03 seems too complicated (can you even take off the arms or pylons of RAH's?)

unit450
Adam

Re: RAH Neo Eva Unit-02 Getting closer...

Postby unit450 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:06 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:I don't see one of those coming... Hardly Eva 00...
The long/extra arm gimmick of Eva 03 seems too complicated (can you even take off the arms or pylons of RAH's?)

Fair enough I'll stay optimistic about more RAH Evas, since with articulated pilot character figures; Medicom has beaten both Max Factory and Kaiyado into the ground in that regard. I think the only thing is later Eva Units like 00 and 03 can turn into deal-with-the-Devil situation, if Medicom puts them up as event/webshop-only pieces; something I can easily see them do(already talked with my middleman relative to help me out if this happens) so I'd brace yourselves Unit-00 fans.

Medicom seems to have been experimenting with extra parts lately. So they possibly could be setting things up to sell parts like the extra-long arms, burst plug, and a variant head for Bardiel as a stand alone set to keep the prices of the main figures uniform. So far it's only been done on a few Kamen Riders I was told so we'll have to wait and see.

Yep the pylons and arms can come off just like the RD Evas, with a little more that the shoulder 'cage lock' armor can come off as well(will edit post with another pic later possibly.)
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/mrahneoevaunit01amp.jpg/]Image[/URL]
Rei used Smile.
Shinji, Asuk-You know what? EVERYTHING in existence fainted. Even the Fire Hydrant...
Rei defeated Seele!?

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:58 am

Evangelion 13 is looking mighty sexy there. It's very impressive.

PainXIII12
Adam

Postby PainXIII12 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:51 pm

i might be getting 02b, 08 and 13 for my birthday

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Look what I've found!!!

Eva 02 Gamma Prototype!!! :clap:

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:07 am

Helloooo Unit 02! Nice find, figure looks good. Joy! :D

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Jinroh » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:29 am

Why only revoltech figures? They are overrated and the joints look awful :(

I would kill for a SOC SPEC eva 13 and mark 06...

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:22 am

Aren't there any pictures of the Rei Q figure yet? I saw couple from long ago but I'm still waiting for her, damn it! Again, Pilot Shikinami is fine and all that but sheesh, what about Miss Ayanami?

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:50 am

Unit 13 looks less shiny in these pics which is reassuring.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”