Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:39 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Well the Evas only last for 5 minutes without the umbilical cable anyway

Now it makes sense!!!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

ScottAsher
Embryo

Postby ScottAsher » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Someone needs to petition Goodsmile for a Shinji and Kaworu figma. Asuka, Rei, and Mari are nice and all, but they're lonely without the homolust pairings.

Plus if a Unit 13 is made just imagine the possibilities with setup. IMAGINE.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:50 pm

View Original PostScottAsher wrote:Someone needs to petition Goodsmile for a Shinji and Kaworu figma. Asuka, Rei, and Mari are nice and all, but they're lonely without the homolust pairings.

Plus if a Unit 13 is made just imagine the possibilities with setup. IMAGINE.

You know here's the interesting thing. Apparently when the first wave of Eva 2.0 figmas were released they had plans to do a Shinji. Max Factory actually intended the SDAT player accessory that comes with Rei to be an accessory for a Shinji figma. Obviously for one reason or another the plan fell through. Heres hoping they revive that plan. Though I'm not sure about the new pilot outfits for Rei, Shinji and Kaworu. I dont like dark blue, black etc....

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:07 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:You know here's the interesting thing. Apparently when the first wave of Eva 2.0 figmas were released they had plans to do a Shinji. Max Factory actually intended the SDAT player accessory that comes with Rei to be an accessory for a Shinji figma. Obviously for one reason or another the plan fell through. Heres hoping they revive that plan. Though I'm not sure about the new pilot outfits for Rei, Shinji and Kaworu. I dont like dark blue, black etc....

Yeah, but licencing is something that occurs very early, so figma may have heard the plans for the THEN plot of 3.0 focusing on Shinji and kaworu and decided to wait,though i'm surprised they wasted the oportunity to make the civies version of each character, i guess evangelion franchise is not the monster it used to be.
ANATA BAKA !?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:27 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Yeah, but licencing is something that occurs very early, so figma may have heard the plans for the THEN plot of 3.0 focusing on Shinji and kaworu and decided to wait,though i'm surprised they wasted the oportunity to make the civies version of each character, i guess evangelion franchise is not the monster it used to be.

I think the Evangelion franchise is as hot as ever. The issue with no Shinji figma or any civilian versions of Asuka, Rei and Mari was probably due to licensing if anything. I highly doubt that back in 2009, the guys working at Max Factory would have heard of the 3.0 script before making their figures. I think Khara didnt even have a final script and screenplay prepared for 3.0 until late 2010 if not early 2011.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:12 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:I think the Evangelion franchise is as hot as ever. The issue with no Shinji figma or any civilian versions of Asuka, Rei and Mari was probably due to licensing if anything. I highly doubt that back in 2009, the guys working at Max Factory would have heard of the 3.0 script before making their figures. I think Khara didnt even have a final script and screenplay prepared for 3.0 until late 2010 if not early 2011.

They would, like i said these things are planned months or years in advance, its is either the product maker aproaching the brand or the brand looking or leaving a catalogue of articles they would like made to product makers. Once one is set, they talk details about future ones.
This is why the revoltech got the unit 02 "wrong", or people really think they just made one from watching a teaser ?
ANATA BAKA !?

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Darkwing » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:58 pm

It requires quite a bit of lead time to make a figure. I think I read an interview for someone who works on the Transformers line, and he said it takes about a year to make the figure. If it's a licenced thing like Eva, and they don't have accurate designs, they probably can't change it in time.

For some reason every time I see the title of this thread, I just have to try and imagine what Stateside commercials for the toys would be like.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby evaunit13 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:29 am

Transformers would take that long because of the engineering required for transforming, whereas Evas have used the same basic design since their inception.
i want rebuild

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:36 am

Asuka, Rei, Mari, and Kaworu figures are a definite given but I hope they make some Misato figures cause her new look is sick, probably my favorite design in the film.

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Darkwing » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:41 am

View Original Postevaunit13 wrote:Transformers would take that long because of the engineering required for transforming, whereas Evas have used the same basic design since their inception.

Yeah, but then you've got to go through all the stuff to get the retailers to give it shelf space and distribute it. The molds have to be made, then the actual figures. Then the shipping and distribution. So there's still quite a bit of time involved.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:02 pm

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:Yeah, but then you've got to go through all the stuff to get the retailers to give it shelf space and distribute it. The molds have to be made, then the actual figures. Then the shipping and distribution. So there's still quite a bit of time involved.

That is true, when i talked with the bandai representant, he spoke of how much time is given on logistic for distribution alone.
ANATA BAKA !?

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Okay, bad news - Got an email from Hobby Search regarding my Unit-01 RAH pre-order:

"We have a very sad news for you today.
The manufacturer "Medicom Toy" were unable to produce as many copies of
the following product as they had initially announced, so we were unable to obtain
the quantity we had ordered from our suppliers."

"Although we had tried our best to obtain these, unfortunately we were
unable to obtain these, so we are unable to provide you with the above product.
As such, we have no choice but to cancel this item from your order."

This SUCKS. Is anyone able to point me to a seller who may still have some in stock? Please PM or email me if you're able to help. It would be greatly appreciated. Definitely do not want to miss out on this.

Thanks.

Update: User Aurelian linked me to another retailer I hadn't seen before. I've pre-ordered with them, so hopefully it doesn't fall through this time!

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Darkwing » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:34 pm

It's sorta odd. Since there are so many things that seem like they'd be done for merchendising purposes, but not so many figures coming out. Did Gainex decide they wanted to avoid spoilers as much as possible this time? I think Unit-02's beast mode and awakened Unit-01 were spoiled for 2.0 by figure solicitations.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:54 pm

^The answer to this, is, of course, that they didn't introduce new mechas/battleships/ designs to sell figurines, but because they actually like mechas and battleships.

...that, and the tears of the fully unprepared audience.
Their marketing tactic for Q seems to be: Make it such a mindfuck/emotionally disturbing that people will watch it over and over again, thus multiplying your income.

The figurines will probably show up soon enough, and when they do, the little Mari on my desk will probably be joined by some likeness of Shinji in his new plugsuit. It's about time he got a new outfit, too.
You know, episode 01 shows us a picture of his in a black outfit thingy we never actually see him wear. He never looked better in anything else.
What I'm saying is, both him and Kaworu look awesome in black and will look awesome on my desk. In case they start an impact, I always have that Mari my sister got be for my last birthday XD
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:05 pm

its not black, its purple.
ANATA BAKA !?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:31 pm

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:Did Gainex decide they wanted to avoid spoilers as much as possible this time? I think Unit-02's beast mode and awakened Unit-01 were spoiled for 2.0 by figure solicitations.

And its Studio Khara now people! Gainax has no role in distributing, approving or sharing in the profits of the new Evangelion merchandise anymore. If i'm not mistaken Anno even had a dirty lawsuit with Gainax with regards to determining who could use the Eva license to sell merchandise. Khara obviously won out. So its Khara now....not freakin' Gainax those losers....

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Darkwing » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Sorry force of habit to say Gainex when talking about Eva.

So does Khara have sole ownership? I seem to recall several companies bieng involved in the original series.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Not the original series, the rebuild series.
ANATA BAKA !?

Kozar927
Lilith

Postby Kozar927 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:02 am

Hi guys I don't know exactly where this belongs but it seems pretty relevant here. Also incoming TLDR from someone who knows nothing about action figures but really wants to add them to his eva collection.

I have always wanted to pick up a few action figures for various anime I am into, but never had that much spare cash. I have had decent disposable income lately so I thought it was a good time to check it out.

I have come across some action figures I am very into, but being new to this as I am, I really need a few pointers. I love the Revoltech Yamaguchi: Evangelion Evolution figures. I'm sure people around here are familiar so I'm just gonna jump into my questions and supplement this post with links (I don't know the forum rules on doing that feel free to correct as needed im going to use tinyurl not sure on rules regarding that either)

Is their anywhere that can give me a full list on all the products in this line (im assuming their all for rebuild of evangelion) I was able to find a lot on amazon, but I found a few on ebay that wernt on amazon, and then some look different from the rest so I cant be sure its the same set. Like do all the ones from this set have an piece of an angle as a accessory for displaying a battle scene?

This is what I found
Eva unit 00- http://tinyurl.com/ademlve
Eva unit 01- http://tinyurl.com/argt6qb
Eva Unit 02- http://tinyurl.com/akjaldx
Eva Unit 02 (Beast mode)- http://tinyurl.com/bevoeo7
Eva Unit 03- http://tinyurl.com/aw5vgjc
Eva Unit 04- (I can only find 04 packaged with the mark 06 is their a separate one?) http://tinyurl.com/bf68f6w
Eva Unit 05- http://tinyurl.com/a3o5jyv
Mark 06- http://tinyurl.com/9wnhs3d

These are all the ones I found. Are they all from the same set or did I mess something up here, and if so are their anymore to the set?

And most importantly whats up with this? http://tinyurl.com/ajym9ez
Is this really Eva units 00 through 03 with all their accessories in one box for that price? I wanna buy this asap if its true. From the pictures tho it looks like some accessory's are missing from them like the angle set pieces and some others. Whats the deal with that?

Next is pricing. Why are some only like 35$, but ones that I really want like unit 02 beats mode is so much more? and where should I be buying these? whats the most cost effective with shipping included? Amazon, ebay or some site I don't know about?
Any help on this matter would be very very appreciated. I wanna buy asap :)

p.s. What are all those little yellow coins with the number 10 on them that come in the box?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:36 am

Kozar927: I moved your post to the more appropriate thread.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”