Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Yup... RAH Eva 01 is at preorders, I think it comes out in early February 2013...

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Heh. Well, hey, you went there man... Not me, haha.

Heh heh, well, I wast... Just saying... I... I wasn't trowing any hook... I... It's you who uses a pic of Kaworu as avatar!!!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Aurelian
Lilith

Postby Aurelian » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Arael- "Evangelion Production Model 04" sounds good IMO.

Blue Monday-There is Eva-01 Perfect Grade who heights around 25 cm about. It is a model kit to built, so it may not be part of what you're searching.

Revoltech, Robot Spirit, Banpresto are around 12 to 16 cm I guess. Anima Eva-01 and the Soul of Chogokin are close to 20 cm (the older versions of Evas are smaller).
If you ever go for a SoC Eva-01 I advice you the XS-01R if you plan to play with it a lot. XS-01 has a lot of issue according to what I read.

A link concerning Eva RHA in AmiAmi might be useful:
SPOILER: Show
[url]http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-2454&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3DEva-01%24pagemax%3D100%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1[/url]

The shape of the elbow still looks good when the arm is bent.

Good luck.

I hope the Medicom RHA serie worth their price. The durability is what I fear the most. The price/quality value of Riobot Eva-01 was disappointing I wish this does not happen again with a 200$ figure.

Edit:
Dedguy's picture of his Eva 01 collection for scale=>
SPOILER: Show

EVA-01 Evangelion Movie Realization action figure, the one with extra purple colored equipment on the right, is quite big. My guess; 22 cm.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Yeah, that ANIMA Unit-01 (The one with all the extra armour) looks a good height. If that's about 22cm and the soon to be released RAH is going to be 39cm - Then the RAH is going to be my best bet, I think, haha.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Aurelian
Lilith

Postby Aurelian » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Anima:
http://shopping.c.yimg.jp/lib/galaxy/chg-anima-eva01-.jpg

Movie realization:
http://www.toysnjoys.com/evangelion/movierealizationeva01.jpg
This is this one who seems to height 22 cm. Anima looks a little smaller than this one.

You're right to go straight for Rha Eva , when you see that either Anima and Movie Realization Eva-01 cost now more than 100 €. Rha Eva-01 's price will probably inflates greatly and fast several months after its realise , reaching the price of a decent new brand laptop. |,D

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:42 pm

New pics of the Mark 6 model kit (from Gunjap)

If it were not so expensive I'd buy it for the red Lance (like I did with the Rebuild 1.0 Eva 00)
Then again, maybe Revoltech will release a Mark 6 with a red Lance...

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Am I the only one who hates this thing with a passion? I mean, I'm "meh" on franken-02, but the Mark VI elicit feelings of revulsion in me for some reason. I just feel like it's so very, very not Eva.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:56 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Am I the only one who hates this thing with a passion? .

I do like it, it's like a variation of Eva-01 with Keel's visor, it actually really feels like the Nemesis of Eva-01. What's so very not Eva about it?
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:04 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I do like it, it's like a variation of Eva-01 with Keel's visor, it actually really feels like the Nemesis of Eva-01. What's so very not Eva about it?

It feels . . . soulless. Like it's a machine instead of a person. That may be the case in NME, but unlike the others it actually looks the part. I imagine the visor and the horn are the biggest contributors to that impression.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:09 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:It feels . . . soulless. Like it's a machine instead of a person.

Well, given that it appears to be controlled by SEELE, then it may turn out to be a cold, soulless tool, add Kaworu as pilot to the equation and...
Beware, kittens of the world!!

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:10 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:It feels . . . soulless. Like it's a machine instead of a person.

I don't really get this feel, I really just can't help looking at it like an Eva-01 rip-off of some kind, it gave me this vibe since I saw it for the first time.
On the other hand, Eva-08, from what little we've seen, looks much more "unconventional" to me.
View Original Postarael wrote:Beware, kittens of the world!!

Please, not this thing again :shinchair:
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:26 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Please, not this thing again :shinchair:

Now think about it while humming "Kyou no hi wa sayounara"

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:29 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Now think about it while humming "Kyou no hi wa sayounara"

I can do it, I just have to mentally replace the kitten with Sadamoto :devil:
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:12 am

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Yeah the Movie Realisation one was the one I was referring to. That design is from ANIMA though, right? I swear that's where I saw it...

I'm working on putting some money aside for Unit-01 and Shikinami RAHs now.

:)

Edit: Yeah, that Unit-01 'F-Type' variant is from ANIMA:

"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Wait... I though F-type Eva 01 was from a videogame...

Week post!

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:03 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Wait... I though F-type Eva 01 was from a videogame...

It is, but Yamashita also featured it in the first Anima chapters, Eva-01 is equipped with the Type-F equipment during the battle against the Eva Series.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:53 pm

AmiAmi offering a re-release of Robot Damashii Eva 01 for December...

They are just making remakes... Not considering any modifications they may have...
I doubt they will go on with the line...

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:55 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:AmiAmi offering a re-release of Robot Damashii Eva 01 for December...

They are just making remakes... Not considering any modifications they may have...
I doubt they will go on with the line...

Pity they aren't doing anything from NGE.

ronri
Embryo

Postby ronri » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Been a while since I've been here (university kept me busy and I've just been buying figures endlessly).

With lots of purchases being done on my end, I'm pleased to say that I recently managed to find the Tamashii Spec EVA-01 w/ removable armor/bindings based on the TV version for a pretty decent price (approx. 2,000-3,000 JPY). :D

Not sure if anyone pointed it out yet, but it seems like Bandai is re-releasing the RD Eva-01. Kinda debating whether or not I should pre-order now or....
April 1995. I met her.

Motoro
Embryo

Postby Motoro » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:07 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Yeah, that ANIMA Unit-01 (The one with all the extra armour) looks a good height. If that's about 22cm and the soon to be released RAH is going to be 39cm - Then the RAH is going to be my best bet, I think, haha.

If you are really willing to get the RAH`s I strongly recommend you to make a pre order in some specialize online store (Ami Ami is the cheapest). In pre order they have a huge discount, which will get to you even cheaper than buy it directly from a retail store in Japan (retail price + tax). Asuka`s Q RAH is sold out in many online stores (HLJ, Cdjapan etc) and since Ami Ami has stil stock I would strongly recommend it.

I`ve already preorder mine ;)
Que asco!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:35 pm

View Original Postronri wrote:Not sure if anyone pointed it out yet, but it seems like Bandai is re-releasing the RD Eva-01. Kinda debating whether or not I should pre-order now or....

Here at AmiAmi...
I guess they're re-releasing it for Q, but they didn't bothered in making any changes... They could've at least waited to see is there's a new weapon worth including with it...

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”