Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed May 16, 2012 6:54 pm

The Review of the new edition of the MP Eva is at GUNJAP

A nice looking box, reminiscent of the good old days (complete with NGE logo)

Nice paint on the details on the back... Neither of my 2 MP Evas are this, er... Well done...

WTF!?
It looks horrible! The detail on the entry plug was way better on #26!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

ronri
Embryo

Postby ronri » Wed May 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Looks pretty cool, except for that shoddy paint at the dummy plug entry. Hopefully it's not a persistent issue.

Mine will arrive by the end of May since I have it reserved with other items at the end of the month. I'll be sure to post back here if there's any quality issue once it arrives.
April 1995. I met her.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Watching at the picture closely... I would seem that it has some sort of pearly white finish instead of pure white like the others...

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Its a shame that they didn't do more to this release, upgrade wise. I would of bought one if they did. Oh well.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Thu May 17, 2012 8:46 am

Any one seen this? Not strictly Eva but...

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=63989
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu May 17, 2012 10:04 am

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:The early prototype shown in exhibitions and the one used in promo shots are probably the same one, which is why it's got the same brown coloured hair.

Does anyone know anything more about these prototypes? Do they ever show up on the secondary market (Ebay, Amazon Marketplace, etc)? Are they even available anywhere in Japan? I'd give a lot to get one of those.

Also, any idea as to why it changed so drastically from prototype to production version?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Thu May 17, 2012 6:00 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:Its a shame that they didn't do more to this release, upgrade wise. I would of bought one if they did. Oh well.

MORE ? MOAR ?? you just got 3 for the price of one !! you odo realize 12 years ago you would have to buy all 3 mp evas to get this much acessory and many of them were RARE ?
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu May 17, 2012 7:53 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:Any one seen this? Not strictly Eva but...

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=63989

Well... The page you provided above it's pretty much explicit about it...

It states:

figma Giant God Warrior

Product Name: figma Giant God Warrior (ふぃぐま きょしんへい)

Price 3,500 Yen (including tax)
Release Date 2012/07

How to Purchase:

On sale at the Exhibition “Anno Hideaki’s Special Effects Museum – View Techniques of the Showa Period in Miniature”
2012/07/10 (Tues) ~ 2012/10/08 (Mon) From 10:00 ~ 18:00. Entrance permitted up to 30min before closing.

■ WEB Sales
GOOD SMILE ONLINE SHOP Sales
This product will be available for order at the GOOD SMILE ONLINE SHOP between 2012/10/08 (Mon) at 18:00 until 2012/10/22 (Mon) at 24:00. (JST).

Delivery is expected to be in February 2013.

So... That...

ronri
Embryo

Postby ronri » Fri May 18, 2012 5:30 am

While I'm not gonna jump on anyone for wanting more out of this release, the fact that a more "complete" and definitive version of the MP-Eva is being released just when I got back into Evangelion is actually a big plus to me. :)

As a huge fan of the MP-Eva's role and design, this release is more than enough for me given how it has all the necessary accessories it truly needs. Even by today's standards it actually has a lot of articulation and extras. I won't lie in saying that I'm actually quite excited to get my first ever Eva figure. :harpy_liplick:
April 1995. I met her.

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Fri May 18, 2012 7:45 am

I saw the trailer for short over on anime news network, very brief but cool all the same. Nice to hear about Shinji Higuchi's involvement as well. Want that figure!

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Fri May 18, 2012 3:36 pm

That was then this is now. And right now this release has nothing to offer the many(like me) who actually bought these when they first came out for like 20$ a piece. Yes both versions cost me only 20$ a piece.

With that being said its def a great package for someone who is just getting into eva figures like Ronri. I just wish it offered at least something different for the people who actually already own all this.

ronri
Embryo

Postby ronri » Sat May 19, 2012 2:27 am

Yeah that's true. Now that you mention it, it would've been funny if they added an extra base or even just torn parts of the mangled corpse of Unit 02 just like how the new EvaEvos have those Angel/Eva bases. ;)
April 1995. I met her.

Frozzy
Embryo

Postby Frozzy » Sun May 20, 2012 11:18 am

shame it doesnt include the beaten up Unit 02 the older version had
"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!"

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon May 21, 2012 1:51 pm

^
That figure always made me uneasy...

(late) Week Post!

First with 3D desing... Sort of...

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Sun May 27, 2012 7:41 pm

View Original PostDekabreak wrote:Definitely need to pick up the Shinji RAH, haven't gotten an RAH in a while

I wish they had a school uniform version of Shinji for that. Shinji Uniform RAH = the Asuka equivalent = you all seeing how twisted my mind is. :D
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:02 pm

RAH... Eva 01...!?
Now we know that neither Revoltech nor Robot Damashii are the best Eva figures XD

At GUNJAP

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:58 am

Until the rubber wears,crack and then tears apart lol I'm afraid to move my Rah Asuka lol for fear of it falling apart.

Though I wouldn't mind a Rah 02 on the off chance they use better materials.

unit450
Adam

RAH Neo Eva Unit-01

Postby unit450 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:46 am

Have to admit I was hoping Yamato would take a stab at making a large Eva Unit figure(trust them a little more since I've gotten their Patlabor figures), but I'll be pre-ordering this as soon as it goes up. Rubber sections looks the same as Medicom's RAH Black Rock Shooter, so I'm not gonna tempt fate and repeat the same mistake I made with my HG Eva kits; and try not to leave the limbs bent as much as possible.

Curious what kind of stand they'll give this, since the standard you get with the RAHs couldn't hope to hold it up for some of those poses.

Also since Medicom has gotten further in making articulated figures of the eva pilots(would love to see a RAH Misato someday) than Max Factory and Kaiyado. Gonna start saving in case they actually get to Eva Unit-03 with these RAH Neo figures, even if they make it some exclusive. I got family there; I WILL have my Robot Damashii/Revoltech dwarfing RAH Neo Unit-03!

-Sorry about that rant at the end...-
Rei used Smile.
Shinji, Asuk-You know what? EVERYTHING in existence fainted. Even the Fire Hydrant...
Rei defeated Seele!?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:01 am

View Original Postarael wrote:RAH... Eva 01...!?

Given that the Evas are humans I find that oddly appropriate for some reason. :lol:
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:59 am

Oh God that thing is beautiful! It's gonna cost me an arm and a leg! Dam...

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”