Too Cool For (Evangelion @) School

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Bean Bandit
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Bean Bandit » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:09 pm

Yeah this was featured in the newest (june) issue of Newtype USA. The 'side-project' goes by the name "Petite Eva." The super deformed character design is credited to Ryusuke Hamamoto. It seems to be just a product-line now, but Newtype tells us, "There's also a possibility of some form of visual media adaptation." The Unit 01-esque character is Evancho, the boss at the NERV Student Academy. The 3 Rei's are the Ayanami sisters - all named Rei. Fascinating...
What do you like to play? ...Pokemon! Pokemon?

Ya see, the kids, they listen to the rap, which gives them the brain damage. Ya see?

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:24 pm

Coded to the Core wrote:Hey Guys ,

Tokpile Quohog , the_seventh_child : Do you wanna get the whole 10 figures box , Or one indviual figure (random) for let's say 5$ ?

I'd like to get the whole thing if its within my budget. Are you offering to sell yours?
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:42 pm

Play-Asia.com are selling them:

[url]http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-92-49-en-70-21wm-4-6.html[/url]

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:44 pm

1 out of 8 (+secret) figures (randomly - no choice available)

???
So if we get 10 we're guaranteed all of them while if we buy 2 or 3 we might get the same ones?

Sepeh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sepeh » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:27 pm

Of course it will be randomly also, if you buy the whole set.

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:01 pm

Wow, Gainax chibi'd a chibi'd.
http://www.evastore.jp/index.cgi?rm=detail&id=1512&genre=&page=&key=&8%A1%E04=2%A1%DE0

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:30 pm

Aaaahhhh!!! Chibi Kaworu in a bathing suit!

It was only a matter of time.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fearthebait » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:14 pm

What has science done...
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby marmotgirl » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:24 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:Aaaahhhh!!! Chibi Kaworu in a bathing suit!

Goddamit. And here I thought I was going to be able to resist this particular Batch O' Crapâ„¢ :lol:
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

Carrie
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Carrie » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:44 pm

Good afternoon, everyone! My name is Carrie and I’m new to the forums. I was planning to post a while back but the forums were down (actually, they were up and then went back down again the day I joined, hahaha!) so I didn’t get to. It's nice to meet you all!

I've been gathering up information on the Petit Eva series, actually. Please let me know if any of this is old news:

In addition to being a set of figures, Petit Eva appears to be a series in and of itself. There is a manga serial running in a Japanese magazine (Something along the lines of Ace? I can't tell for sure.. Anyhelp would be appreciated) with 8 new pages a month. There are also monthly 4komas appearing in Blitz Hobby Magazine, King Figure serial, and Newtype - which you can view at the Petit Eva website. I've also recently read articles that explain a small set of animated shorts are going to be produced.

Characters
I've been doing lots of tedious psuedo-translation work* on the character profiles as well as the 4komas. Here is what I've gathered about the characters so far.

*I by no means know Japanese, so most of my translation work is done with the aid of dictionaries and translators and the like. My process usually involves running each line word for word through a variety of dictionaries. For the 4koma, I piece the words together character by character and then running them through a variety of dictionaries. Because of this tedious task, there is some missing information currently. It will be added later.

--

First off - as you've probably seen, all three forms of Rei appear together as sisters. They’re referred to by nicknames (which suggests they’re probably all named Rei…which must get really confusing.)

Shinji - A second grader. ...... I’m going to have ot pick his apart word by word to get more out of it than that.

Rei #2 – [Nickname: Ayanami] - This is the Rei we’re all familiar with in terms of personality. She calls Shinji "Ikari-kun" and it's suggested she has a little crush on him (though she doesn't show it.)

Rei #3 – [Nickname: Supone] - Rei #3, the AU Rei, is called Supone. This is likely from ‘Supo ne’ meaning tenacity or heart (in regards to athletics) ..a nod to her interests and personality. Since Asuka is revealed in the 4koma as being the one to have assigned the nicknames (and doing so based on appearance/personality) is is also possible that she derived it from the word for sports – which Supone is better than her at.

She is the middle sister. She is very freespirited, cheerful and athletic. She doesn’t consider Asuka to be a rival..and doesn’t worry about Asuka seeing her as one.

Rei #1 – [Nickname: Chibi Aya] - Four years old. Has a “lovely face” and a “sharp tongue.” She collects “strange” stuffed animals that bear a striking resemblance to the angels. XD

..also..she apparently likes pumpkin underwear? (I have noooo clue what’s up with that line. I’ll keep messing with it.)

Asuka - She’s very similar to the AU Asuka you see in episode 26 and the GOS2 manga. She is Shinji’s childhood friend. They refer to her as being "tsundere” - which is a very fitting word for her AU personality, I feel.

She considers Ayanami her rival because she is better at her at studying and considers Supone a rival because she is better than her at sports.

Evancho -The school gang leader. In that case, evancho is most liekly a portmandeau of evangelion and bancho. Clever, amirite? He (he? There don’t seem to be any real nods to gender in the text so far but the mannerisms are more masculine, at least ) is referred to as being stalwart and reticent. As best as I can gather from translating it word by word through a dictionary.. it seems as though “it is put in the academy to keep watching (?) it” Complete with the (?) . .. it seems as though either the higher-ups (that'd be Gendo, I'd imagine) brought it there to investigate it..or..it got put there so they could keep it it in line via surveillance XD

He has to charge his powe to function.. and will shut down when the supply is cut off/runs out. Apparently, he likes ‘idols’. I have no clue what that means.

Misato - The national language teacher in charge of Shinji’s class. Age 29. She is a drinker (surprise surprise) and she lives by herself. They also say she is/has a nice.....well.. the translator reads it as ‘buddy’ .... However, knowing Gainax, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was ‘body’ XD;

JA-ko-chan - Referred to as a "secret character." She appears to be a personification of Jet Alone. Presumably she goes to the same school as the others. She is a shy and lonely android girl with strong convictions. She has a crush on Evancho.

Hikari, Touji, Kensuke, Kaworu, Gendo, Fuyutsuki and Ritsuko also appear in the artwork/4komas/other stuff, but they do not have a profile at this time. I can only imagine the adults all have staff positions like Misato does.
Last edited by Mr. Tines on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix encoding
[ "Too bad Shinji's tears don't cure cancer, eh?" ]

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:20 pm

Shinji-A second grader.

School System in Japan:

Junior High: 1st year-7th Grade
2nd year-8th Grade
3rd year-9th Grade

High School: 1st Year-10th Grade
2nd year-11th Grade
3rd year-12th Grade

And btw, the information you provided was in the June issue of Newtype USA.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:24 pm

Thanks for that, Carrie! ^_^

JA-ko-chan has a crush on Evancho, I see. How can this be bad in any way at all?

Carrie
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Carrie » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:26 pm

I must have seen '2' and assumed (especially from the art style) that it meant second grade, but I see now it said 'nensei'..like 'year'. Huh.. weird. Well, I guess that's what I get for not paying closer attention.

EDIT: Actually. Hm. 'chuutou' means 'second grade' (among other things) but most likely not in that same sense. Maybe that's where I got it? That makes it even more confusing.

Ah, and thank you for telling me! I don't get Newtype so I wouldn't know, haha.

CitizenGeek wrote:Thanks for that, Carrie! ^_^

JA-ko-chan has a crush on Evancho, I see. How can this be bad in any way at all?

Hey no problemo! :D And yeah, it's actually sort of cute in a completely and totally bizzare way (I suppose in the same way that having a robot gang leader at your school is bizzare.) She brings him what appears to be a battery bento for lunch one day in one of the 4komas.
[ "Too bad Shinji's tears don't cure cancer, eh?" ]

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:54 pm

Battery Bento? *laughes* Cute!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:29 am

I really want to get some of the Petite Eva figures, but everywhere seems to be out of them ;( Does anyone know a site that has them in stock?

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:13 am

Did you try e-bay or a broker who buys and sells things from Japan?
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:25 am

Hunter21 wrote:Did you try e-bay or a broker who buys and sells things from Japan?

I usually don't use eBay, but I'll check it out, anyway! Thanks for reminding me eBay existed, I honestly forgot about it! I'm going through the 14-page-long list of Evangelion stuff on YesAsia.com and there doesn't seem to be any sign of them yet :(

Millions Livio
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Millions Livio » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:44 pm

All I want is a Gendo to put on my desk, is that really so much to ask? Instead, we get fluff, yay fluff.

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby marmotgirl » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:46 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:
Hunter21 wrote:Did you try e-bay or a broker who buys and sells things from Japan?

I usually don't use eBay, but I'll check it out, anyway! Thanks for reminding me eBay existed, I honestly forgot about it! I'm going through the 14-page-long list of Evangelion stuff on YesAsia.com and there doesn't seem to be any sign of them yet :(

Ebay is CRAWLING with them. If you're a bit concerned about dealing with Far Eastern sellers I'd be happy to PM you a list of sellers I've dealt with successfully.
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:30 pm

marmotgirl wrote:[Ebay is CRAWLING with them. If you're a bit concerned about dealing with Far Eastern sellers I'd be happy to PM you a list of sellers I've dealt with successfully.

Mind PMing me that list. I have been thinking about buying some of these but haven't got to it yet. Thanks.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”