Bluray release (TV + original movies) - August 26th 2015

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:40 pm

Lucky lucky you. I have to wait for the Funimation release.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:48 pm

"This is what $700 looks like!"

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:49 am

...Now ship them to my door...

Arturokun951
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Arturokun951 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:27 am

I'm pretty much new here, but can anyone tell me if the remastered NGE box set include any english subtitles?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:02 am

View Original Postsvenge wrote:I can see where you're coming from, but at least the actual distribution of bonus material was done on a logical basis and not from an obvious intention to force double-dipping.

Small consolation to my wallet. :lol: Yes, it does make sense how they distributed the material-- but had I been given the opportunity to give input (in a world where unicorns are real, I know) I'd have just stuck the same stuff into each collection.

View Original PostArturokun951 wrote:I'm pretty much new here, but can anyone tell me if the remastered NGE box set include any english subtitles?

No subtitles for either one.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:12 am

I would be quite astonished if we didn't quickly find a thread (perhaps even this one) where subtitle tracks were posted for all the eps in short order.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:19 am

The track for Q popped up pretty fast, true. It'll probably happen fast for this as well.

Arturokun951
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Arturokun951 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:22 am

No subtitles for either one.

Well damn and i was so close to pre-ordering the blu ray set :( guest i'll have no other choice than to torrent it when someone uploads the HD collection if it comes with eng subtitles. wish we could get a US release soon.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:23 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:The track for Q popped up pretty fast, true. It'll probably happen fast for this as well.
Q had to be translated. Searching for evangelion .srt would likely find you what you want already (at least things that have had the timing done -- we have the transcripts and screenplay translations to do editing touch-ups with).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:23 am

View Original PostArturokun951 wrote:Wish we could get a US release soon.

I wish I could shit gold and piss diamonds, and yet my wish is more realistic.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:35 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Q had to be translated. Searching for evangelion .srt would likely find you what you want already (at least things that have had the timing done -- we have the transcripts and screenplay translations to do editing touch-ups with).

Wouldn't the timing need to be redone for this release? I assumed it would be slightly different, but perhaps not.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:54 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:"This is what $700 looks like!"

It's actually half that right now (US $341.57), between the weak JPY and the usual Amazon Japan pre-order discount. That's still a lot of money, but certainly not as bad as I had feared upon its initial announcement.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Wouldn't the timing need to be redone for this release? I assumed it would be slightly different, but perhaps not.

If they do a new telecine, then the per-scene timing will likely be slightly different. Even if not, the offset between episodes might be slightly different anyhow.

EDIT: HMV Japan has updated their listings with higher-res images of the Blu-ray and Archive boxes, here you go...

Archives of Evangelion BOX:
SPOILER: Show
ImageImage

Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-ray BOX:

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:02 pm

View Original Postsvenge wrote:\
Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-ray BOX:

Ten blu ray discs? TEN?

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:35 pm

EGF, if you love me you'll all chip in and get me the Blu-ray for my birthday.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:58 pm

Hopefully funimation can whittle that down to four or six for the Stateside release.

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:33 am

View Original PostClover wrote:Ten blu ray discs? TEN?

It makes sense when you consider the following breakdown:

Discs 1-5: TV Series [ Episodes 1-26, 21'-24' ]
Disc 6: Death & Rebirth
Disc 7: The End of Evangelion
Disc 8: Revival of Evangelion [ Death(True)² / Air / Magokoro wo, kimi ni ]
Disc 9: Bonus features
Disc 10: AR rush video [ aka "Animatics", as ADV called them in their Platinum DVD release ]

View Original PostRay wrote:Hopefully funimation can whittle that down to four or six for the Stateside release.

You do realize that file size (and the subsequent disc count) is directly proportional to the video quality thereof?

I shudder to think of what the idiots at Failmation would to do Eva TV were they given the chance. They're already screwed up Eva 3.33 beyond all hope (currently delayed 20 months and counting)...

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:09 am

As long as it's an official release, is affordable it has a dub, and it's not godawful grainy I don't really care. I'm a fan, but I don't feel like paying in excess of 200 dollars for it.

Funimation brought Cowboy Bebop down to thirty bucks. Im certain they can do something similar with EVA. been waiting for an official Eva release for years. I want my two favorite anime of all time together in my house, dammit!

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:15 am

I don't think Funimation "whittled down" Bebop to any less discs than it already was. If Funi "whittled down" anything of NGE, it'll be by completely removing the bonus features discs and by selling the feature films in an entirely different collection. You'll probably have to buy the Funi-released TV series and the movies separately. $70+ for the TV series (assuming Attack on titan pricing, but not assuming them dividing it into two different sets) and a $30+ 2-disc Blu-ray set of Death and EoE.

...And that's only if we're lucky.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:19 am

I'll take what I Can get.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:31 am

View Original PostRay wrote:I'll take what I Can get.

Then pony up for the proper Japanese release, grab some sub tracks when available, and flip Funimation the bird. Get with the program and set some standards for yourself, man.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”