Bluray release (TV + original movies) - August 26th 2015

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:13 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:If Funi go for a redub and Khara are as critical as they are being (it seems) with Q, then either it'll take ages, or we'll end up with a sub-only release. Maybe a redub of EoE only, to correct Manga's errors and awfulnesses, would be a possibility though.

What? EoE had a great dub.

LukeMM95
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby LukeMM95 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:26 am

A proper remastering of EoE in HD would be simply mind-blowing. Fingers crossed they don't mess this up.

Merkaba
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Merkaba » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:46 am

View Original PostTumbling Down wrote:What? EoE had a great dub.

Agreed 100 percent. It's my favorite piece of Evangelion, and I wouldn't want to hear it any other way. I've watched it so many times with that dub that even the slightest difference in nuance (should they redub it) would throw me off completely.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:01 am

View Original PostTumbling Down wrote:What? EoE had a great dub.

Never heard the dub, but the official sub had a few glaring errors. I wouldn't mind if they corrected those.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:05 am

Actually, I agree in general (though I know those who don't) - but they might still want to address such infamous things as Hyuga's voice, and Misato's famous mixup describing the relationship between Adam, Lilith, Angels, Evas, and humans which is simply completely wrong. How much can be patched in isolation I don't know.

Here's a thread that lists issues in the dub for both the series and EoE.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:22 am

Look you can like the NGE and NTE dub just fine but.......dear god ritsuko and fuyutsuki in EoE just killed that dub, its like they were TRYING to be as terrible as possible.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:42 am

I knew this would happen when Gainex was out of the picture. Now to celebrate. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

Get on it Funi, and we really do need a new EoE dub, maybe not Shinji/Asuka/Misato, but the rest needs an overhaul.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:56 am

I don't believe it! I've recently watched NGE+EoE again the 8th time now (6x german dub, 1x english dub, and now the Japanese dub) and now Khara announces a re-release for real. And even on Blu-Ray! The assumption was there but I really haven't thought that they 'll really do it.

Maybe I'll get it if it comes to a german release and being the real thing. Otherwise I stay with the copies that I own and wait for FINAL.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:33 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Not getting excited until they confirm they're actually remastering it properly

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:52 am

I'm excited on principle, though I probably won't get it unless it's good quality and Funi/whoever will release it stateside (Still have my Platinum TV series and Renewal Feature Films DVDs).

I'd assume that's what the Newtype cover story would be about too. :)

A thought occurred as I read the thread--though NGE and NTE are 2 separate things, could this be the reason's there's such a holdup with Funi releasing 3.0 stateside? They're trying to get the rights to the NGE BD boxset first? Assuming Funi would pick it up, I'd hope they'd use the same voices from NTE for consistency (like how VIZ is using the same voices for the SM redub and for the new Crystal). I wouldn't mind a new translation/etc though I prefer subs, anyway.

I mean, Eva's SUCH a big series in the western world, there's no way they'd just let the BD Boxset slip by like they did with Gunbuster and Otaku no Video, right?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Bryant
Adam

Evangelion coming to blue-ray 2015

•      
  •      

Postby Bryant » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:17 am

http://www.evangelion.co.jp/ng.html Confirmed!!!
This is the hypest shit ever
Bryant Keitel

Been a fan of Evangelion for 19 years! I hope to continue be a fan till the day I die!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:44 am

SO

MUCH

HYPE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

/shitpost

No, seriously, I'm actually really excited about this. BDs of the original series? Hell yes.
Last edited by Nuclear Lunchbox on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:44 am

I doubt that Funi's delay of releasing 3.0 has anything to do with the blu-ray boxset. Funi had tried to get 3.0 out for a long time now, and the last anyone heard it was because Khara was upset with the translation.

Also, there's no chance in hell they are going to redub it. There is already a dub in existence, one that some people actually like, and it would not be cost efficient to redo it.

As far as the boxset goes, this sucker is going to cost an arm and a leg. If it has English subs, it could sell out quite quickly despite the high price. I am really excited for it. A comprehensive box set, on blu-ray no less, of Evangelion would be a great item to add to any fan's collection.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:45 am

I should buy a Blu-Ray player

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:50 am

Anno will go full Lucas and let Ritsuko shoot first.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:13 am

Can't imagine they'd redub the series itself unless Anno & Khara want them to & have a hand in the process.

Either way, I'm curious how much of a hand Anno will have in the BD update. Can't wait for a version of EOE that doesn't look it's soaked in vaseline myself.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:14 am

I wonder what kind of Bonus Features will be on the disc?

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:21 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Can't imagine they'd redub the series itself unless Anno & Khara want them to & have a hand in the process.

Either way, I'm curious how much of a hand Anno will have in the BD update. Can't wait for a version of EOE that doesn't look it's soaked in vaseline myself.

As much as I enjoy the dub, I will concur that those first few episodes were. . . Cringe inducing bad. The dub did get better around episode 7, but a redub would be a welcome change.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:30 am

View Original PostRay wrote: but a redub would be a welcome change.

Only if Amanda Winn-Lee returns as Rei. :rei_hissyfit:

- Suicidahlia

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:47 am

the Funimation rerelease of Akira had both the original and the modern dubs. Maybe the Eva Blu Ray will have something similar.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”