Eva a part of Otaku Obscura exhibit in SF 10/4/14 - 10/24/14

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Eva a part of Otaku Obscura exhibit in SF 10/4/14 - 10/24/14

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Spoke Art Gallery in San Francisco will be having an exhibition titled "Otaku Obscura" of Joshua Budich's anime-themed artwork starting this Saturday October 4 through October 24. Eva is one of 6 titles being featured (the others are Akira, My Neighbor Totoro, Ghost in the Shell, Princess Mononoke, and Cowboy Bebop). If you can't make it, prints will be available on the gallery's store starting October 6 and per Budich, all will be signed and numbered.

Budich's Instagram

Sample artwork:

ImageImage
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Caliburn
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Caliburn » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Some more of the artwork is shown [URL=http://www.slashfilm.com/joshua-budich-anime-art/]here on Slashfilm[/URL], including the full poster that the above Eva-01 close-up is from, and another poster featuring Rei.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:11 pm

Picked up the mad San and Seele Rebuild logo and talked some Eva with Budich. Interesting thing is that he actually hasn't seen the entire series or even the Rebuilds for that matter as he has focused on the manga. The Bebop crew is the best piece in the exhibit IMO but haven't read the Akira manga yet.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”