[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:24 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Come on, don't play innocent, did you never saw Nip/Tuck?

Her methods aside, she does a brilliant job of disproving the Christmas Cake myth. As does Famke Jansen, who was 38-44 during the show's run -- which is exactly the range we're talking about for Misato.

Any otaku who wouldn't jump at the chance to spend even five minutes with Q!Misato is a fucking idiot. Gimme my RAH, damn it!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

steve_stevenson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby steve_stevenson » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:27 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Alright, committing now: if we ever see a RAH Q Misato I'm buying it on principle, because fuck this noise. Misato is hot, no matter the age.

I'd buy at least 2 (1 for 'the vault')
not even joking

If this lack of Misato figures continues much longer I'm gonna end up commissioning some garage kits

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:44 am

Isn't there already some Q!Misato figurines? Or at least some to be released soon? (the "Portraits of Evangelion" series or something like that)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

steve_stevenson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby steve_stevenson » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:23 am

theres a SEGA prize figure which is not bad but I'm not really interested in trading figures or prize figures

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:32 am

Yeah, portraits is cheap stuff. They're often pretty good, but we're talking RAH here. It's a whole 'nother level.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:38 am

That article seems to talk about the upcoming plastic kit of EVA-13, for November if I understand correctly:
http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-3155.html

The figure doesn't look bad, except the spears that are slightly bended on the handle.
Two remarks:

- I never realized until now that EVA-13 have heels! First time I see that (well, if you except the Asuka/Eva synthesis from ANIMA)

- the Spears of Longinus are fuckhuge! Almost twice the size of EVA-13, which is already slightly taller than the average Eva! I don't remember the spear being to big in NGE! I would had understand if it was Lilith's spear, since in Rebuild she much bigger than an Eva (see her cross under which Mark.09 takes cover from EVA-08 in Q), but the ADAMs are of the same size than an Eva! (since two of them were converted into Mark.06 and EVA-13)
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:00 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:- I never realized until now that EVA-13 have heels! First time I see that

Funny - that's one of the things I particularly noticed:
SPOILER: Show
I feel they're a bit on the prim side for an Eva! Would suit a city slicker...
Last edited by pwhodges on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:06 am

Add to that the way the armor on the feet looks like spectator shoes, and that makes you wonder what was Gendo thinking when he designed EVA-13.
End the world yes, but do it while pimpin'! :rofl:

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:17 am

Not sure what to think of this announcement. On one hand, it look awesome. On the other I wish Kotobukiya would still keep milking the old armor versions (still need a 08, 00, 03 in 1/400 scale) and also does this mean we'll get new armor Wille versions from Koto as well? Those would probably make me just discard the Bandai versions....
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:25 am

Completely unrelated TMB, I only just noticed that your avatar is actually an animated gif! :lol:

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:58 am

Wow this is beyond creepy http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2843.html

i'm gonna get that kotobukya kit, hopefully the make either 00 version as i have none, and mari eva too
ANATA BAKA !?

Theron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Theron » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:32 am

RAH NEO Eva 13 just got the price tag of 43,200 yen. WOAH.

Please don't direct link to images. Use a hosting service like imgur, photobucket, etc, instead. - Staff
WHERE IS MY UNIT 13 BANDAI

Bucky 0 Har3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bucky 0 Har3 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Where did you see the price for RAH Eva 13?
As this will be my one and only RAH Eva, just too sexy to say no to :)
Man can't live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise..

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:54 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Completely unrelated TMB, I only just noticed that your avatar is actually an animated gif! :lol:

Poor Shin-chan, noone notices the suffering in his eyes :(

While we're on the subject of 1/400 scale stuff, I've recently took a look at some 1/400 scale humans

Tiny, tiny humans  SPOILER: Show

The obvious place to start looking for tiny humans was with giant boats. They come in lots of scales, 1/350 being most popular recently, mostly with Japanese companies. Europe on the other hand made lots of ships in 1/400 scale. Where there are ship model there will always be detail-up parts like photo-etched sets. Tom's Modelworks just happens to make photo-etched stuff for the 1/400 boats.

Tom's Modelworks  SPOILER: Show

On the right is some styrene figures from Plastruct. They specialize in all sort of model and diorama related material and offer lots of stuff in various scales.

Plastruct figs  SPOILER: Show

So do they actually fit in the scale?

Measuring them up  SPOILER: Show

Both sets are roughly 5mm tall, so they're models of 2m tall people. That seems a bit above the world average.

So how do they look
with the Kotobukiya Evas?  SPOILER: Show

I guess that works pretty reasonably. You can fiddle with them a little bit:

Almost  SPOILER: Show

Add a tiny blob of something for hair, drive yourself insane painting something so tiny and you'll have a 2m tall Asuka. Overall these would at least work for adults. Maintenance crew, sailors, etc.

I am considering trying out the 1/500 scale figures to better represent the teenagers. Those are listed as ~4mm. 157cm tall Asuka at 1/400 should be around 3.9mm, so that's close enough.

I really hope that in the future Kotobukiya start making some support equipment as well, like the catapult restraints and train carrier. That would be awesome.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:23 am

Are you planning to make an Eva cage in NERV or the AAA Wunder with full equipment and maintenance crew, TMB?
Because that would be awesome! :tonguehang:

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:34 am

This is really is going to help me with my Fanart. This really puts the sheer scale of the Evas in perspective.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:51 am

You do fanarts? Interesting, what do you intend to draw?

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:17 am

Mostly just doodles. I'd commit more to my art but homework school and other RL commitments always get in the way.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:25 am

I see. Could any of these doodle be related to the fic you're writing by any chance?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:21 am

Whether or not the Wunder happens will depend on whether or not Kotobukiya makes the Wille armor Evas.

For now I only have evil plans for pre-timeskip stuff. At the current rate that'll get done probably some years after Final is out :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a related note, there's going to be some Eva diorama display at the exhibit: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-3157.html

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”