[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ivansambrana
Embryo

Just arrive SEGA PM Kaworu & Shinji

•      
  •      

Postby ivansambrana » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:26 pm

Just Arrive
Kaworu & Shinji SEGA PM from HLJ.com

6 Months!!! Japan to Argentina

SPOILER: Show

http://ivansambrana.tumblr.com/

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:25 pm

6 months???
What da heck do they do in post there?
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Got the 1997 Bandai LM-HG Unit 01 TV version plamo for my birthday. Very nice kit- it fits together really well. I think I know which parts I'm going to glue together (to eliminate seam lines) so once I've got a proper place to airbrush (and the right paints) I'll glue the necessary parts and give Yui-sama a nice coat of paint. I'm thinking a sort of candy-metallic purple (which I'll do with Tamiya Chrome Silver with a topcoat of Clear Purple). Best test it on spoons first!
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Red or Alive
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Red or Alive » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:37 am

My RAH Eva-01 is due to arrive on Tuesday: could anyone give me a few handy tips on what to look out for (identifying faults, maintenance advice, etc.) when I open it up?

ivansambrana
Embryo

Rvenge Time

•      
  •      

Postby ivansambrana » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:00 pm

JUst Arrive Revoltech 118 Eva PM

REVENGE TIME!

[/spoiler]

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:37 pm

:lol: Bunch of opened boxes and blisters on the back...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

ivansambrana
Embryo

Eva 00 Recolor

•      
  •      

Postby ivansambrana » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:09 am

I'm the one who wants back 00 with 2.22 Ayanami?

Playing with recolors

G1er1978
Embryo

best Eva unit 01 toy

•      
  •      

Postby G1er1978 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:29 pm

i have been doing tons of research, i have 4 eva figs that i have acuired over the past 10+ years now. i just pre ordered the masterpiece Optimus Prime in Eva unit 1 colors and want a awesome unit 01 to go with it on display. now the unit 01 i have is the Kaiyodo unit 01 that came in the huge box with tons of accessories but its just not the right colors. all of the evas i have are the same scale as the kaiyodo one so (please correct me if im wrong ) that means that none of the revoltech eva 01s will scale with my other figures. i like the revoltech 032 and 100 but im pretty sure they are only about 5.5 inches. all my figures are 7 inches to the head and 7.5 to the shoulder armor. so in my research i found the Bandai Tamashii eva unit 01 versions and really like them, although i have heard one person say they are 6.5 inches, from all the reviews they look to me to be around the same size as mine 7-7.5 inches. im leaning towards the XS-03 because i love the green waist and chest but just realized its not original series accurate except for the movie "End of Evangelion" (again correct me if im wrong ). can anyone give me advice as to what is the best Eva 01 in the size im looking for and any other info like where is the best place to buy or anything to do with the toys, i sure would appreciate it, thanks hope everyone is well

Squigsquasher
Banned

Re: best Eva unit 01 toy

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:46 am

View Original PostG1er1978 wrote:i have been doing tons of research, i have 4 eva figs that i have acuired over the past 10+ years now. i just pre ordered the masterpiece Optimus Prime in Eva unit 1 colors and want a awesome unit 01 to go with it on display. now the unit 01 i have is the Kaiyodo unit 01 that came in the huge box with tons of accessories but its just not the right colors. all of the evas i have are the same scale as the kaiyodo one so (please correct me if im wrong ) that means that none of the revoltech eva 01s will scale with my other figures. i like the revoltech 032 and 100 but im pretty sure they are only about 5.5 inches. all my figures are 7 inches to the head and 7.5 to the shoulder armor. so in my research i found the Bandai Tamashii eva unit 01 versions and really like them, although i have heard one person say they are 6.5 inches, from all the reviews they look to me to be around the same size as mine 7-7.5 inches. im leaning towards the XS-03 because i love the green waist and chest but just realized its not original series accurate except for the movie "End of Evangelion" (again correct me if im wrong ). can anyone give me advice as to what is the best Eva 01 in the size im looking for and any other info like where is the best place to buy or anything to do with the toys, i sure would appreciate it, thanks hope everyone is well

The best Original Series figure is the XS-01R, the Soul of Chogokin SPEC Renewal version (the original had structural issues and slightly less articulation). It has fully removable armour, die-cast construction, good paint, more accessories than you can shake a Progressive Knife at, a working Entry Plug system, superb posability and exceptional accuracy (it's pretty much a perfect representation, save for the silver bits which should be slightly more blue- but then practically every figure gets that wrong, and I think even the series miscoloured it from time to time). It is expensive though so prepare your wallet.

If you like building models then there's the LMHG Unit 01 TV version model kit, which despite being very old (it's from 1996 I think) is still a superb kit. It will need a lot of work to make it look really good though- you could just snap it together, panel line it and use the stickers for detail, but for it to look its best you will need to paint it. Also, it's a model, not a toy- the arms are coated in a rubber sleeve, and whilst they're surprisingly poseable they are still limited, and overuse could damage the rubber. Also, painting a poseable plamo is quite different from painting, say, a Tamiya kit or a Warhammer miniature. TMB would be your best source for info on building kits.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

G1er1978
Embryo

Re: best Eva unit 01 toy

•      
  •      

Postby G1er1978 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:15 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:The best Original Series figure is the XS-01R, the Soul of Chogokin SPEC Renewal version (the original had structural issues and slightly less articulation). It has fully removable armour, die-cast construction, good paint, more accessories than you can shake a Progressive Knife at, a working Entry Plug system, superb posability and exceptional accuracy (it's pretty much a perfect representation, save for the silver bits which should be slightly more blue- but then practically every figure gets that wrong, and I think even the series miscoloured it from time to time). It is expensive though so prepare your wallet.

If you like building models then there's the LMHG Unit 01 TV version model kit, which despite being very old (it's from 1996 I think) is still a superb kit. It will need a lot of work to make it look really good though- you could just snap it together, panel line it and use the stickers for detail, but for it to look its best you will need to paint it. Also, it's a model, not a toy- the arms are coated in a rubber sleeve, and whilst they're surprisingly poseable they are still limited, and overuse could damage the rubber. Also, painting a poseable plamo is quite different from painting, say, a Tamiya kit or a Warhammer miniature. TMB would be your best source for info on building kits.

thank you very much for your help and time. the least expensive xs-01r i can find is about $190 shipped. does that sound right? or do u know of somewhere i can get one for less? thanks again for your time

PainXIII12
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PainXIII12 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:30 pm

I entered my Evangelion collection in 4H and I won a Blue Ribbon!

G1er1978
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby G1er1978 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:49 pm

any link to pics of the collection?^
can anyone tell me the difference between the xs-01r and xs-01? i realize there is some kind of neck fix but the price difference is literally $80-$100. I want the best but i am also on a budget, and if the difference is very little like the xs-01r has more range of motion in the head and slightly tighter ankle joints then i would just get the xs-01 but if the fixes are major then i would consider the xs-01r, thanks for any help

PainXIII12
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PainXIII12 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:35 am

No pics sorry, I don;t have a camera but it has revoltech 12, 02y, mark 09, mark 06, 02, and MPU eva

Theron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Theron » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:41 am

IT'S... BEAUTIFUL....

http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-3/2014%E5%B9%B46%E6%9C%8821%E6%97%A5-30%E6%97%A5-medicom-toy-exhibition-14-medicom%E5%B1%95%E5%93%81/
WHERE IS MY UNIT 13 BANDAI

Red or Alive
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Red or Alive » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:06 am

I've just received my RAH EVA-01 reproduction/reissue in the mail today and I've got some questions, if anyone's willing to answer them.

First off, my model didn't come with any kind of manual or guide. I take it this is normal for the RAH line? (I understand how the model works should be fairly self explanatory but I'd imagine you might very well damage the jaw if you didn't already know that you have to pull the jaw piece down to get the full range of motion.)

Also, this little piece of protective plastic fell out my box and I have had trouble identifying where it belongs; anyone have an answer?

[URL=http://imgur.com/BVq5jda]Image[/URL]

Thirdly, is it just me or does the seamwork on the rubber suit look a little rough in places, particularly at the crotch? Follow the link to see a snapshot of my model between, er, it's legs:

http://imgur.com/oXTRk2T

(I just think it looks like it could tear given very little provocation.)

Fourthly, is the middle (green) torso piece supposed to move freely? It doesn't seem to be glued to the suit in my model and can be moved up and down between the top torso piece and the crotchpiece.

Lastly, how does one identify a misaligned or broken hip joint? Performing a hip abduction movement on the left leg (so that it lies parallel with the transverse axis of the figure) results in a very smooth ratcheting motion. Performing the same movement on the right leg, there is no ratcheting sensation until the leg is much further along in its journey. Is this normal behaviour?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:48 am

View Original PostRed or Alive wrote:http://imgur.com/oXTRk2T

So lewd. You should tag that NSFW

From what I understand some of the stitching is different because first they do most of it with the rubber turned inside out, so that they're effectively stitching from the inside. Then the suit is inverted to hide all the work and have the clean side of the seam outside. But since they still need to insert all the innards into it they leave a few holes. Those are sewn up in a different way, from the outside once everythign is assembled and it's a different type of stitch that kinda-sorta looks like it's meant to be from the inside but that's physically impossible so they do their best.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

PainXIII12
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PainXIII12 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:23 pm

RAH UNIT 13 PICS! IT LOOKS SO SEXY!!!

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:31 pm

View Original PostG1er1978 wrote:any link to pics of the collection?^
can anyone tell me the difference between the xs-01r and xs-01? i realize there is some kind of neck fix but the price difference is literally $80-$100. I want the best but i am also on a budget, and if the difference is very little like the xs-01r has more range of motion in the head and slightly tighter ankle joints then i would just get the xs-01 but if the fixes are major then i would consider the xs-01r, thanks for any help

The XS-01 has an issue with the plastic in the hip joints shearing off, causing the legs to fall apart from the body permanently. As far as I know that is the only thing fixed in the renewal, but it's pretty major.

fleeting
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fleeting » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:50 pm

View Original PostRed or Alive wrote:I've just received my RAH EVA-01 reproduction/reissue in the mail today and I've got some questions, if anyone's willing to answer them.

First off, my model didn't come with any kind of manual or guide. I take it this is normal for the RAH line? (I understand how the model works should be fairly self explanatory but I'd imagine you might very well damage the jaw if you didn't already know that you have to pull the jaw piece down to get the full range of motion.)

Also, this little piece of protective plastic fell out my box and I have had trouble identifying where it belongs; anyone have an answer?

They don't come with a manual. I think the piece is either the cover for the head/horn or a neck support. I forget which.

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:00 am

It's a neck support.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”