[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
PainXIII12
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PainXIII12 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:10 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:I'm curious as to how this happened. Bandai does a lot of toyification to their model kits and by far the worst of these is their fear of thin or pointy parts. They always make them deliberately thicker than necessary to try and give them more durability. Unfortunately this result is some really off-looking stuff. Basically every V-fin on any gundam is too fat and needs to be sanded down. Same with Eva-08's head fins. I'll me sanding my thinner to be more accurately proportioned.

Kotobukiya has no fear of thin or pointy parts so they make things look perfect at the cost of durability, but after all it is a model kit and not an action figure.
i think it cracked because of too much thinner but some model putty and white paint made look okay.

also any news for 8+2?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:18 pm

View Original PostPainXIII12 wrote:also any news for 8+2?

Take 08
Take 02
Smoosh them together like the 08 manual indicates :P

If 8+2 in one box was going to be a thing I suspect we would have heard about it by now, but the manuals make it pretty clear Bandai can't be bothered or simply don't want to do it if there preview is um..."uncertain".

Maybe they'll make some special event kits where it's all the properly colored parts in a single box for just 8+2.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:54 am

View Original PostPainXIII12 wrote:also any news for 8+2?

Aside from what TMB said, the only official 8+2 we heard about is the one that will be released in limited edition by Revoltech. And I suspect that most people will buy it for the Magorox sword that come with it.

But since it's clear that what we saw in the preview will not be the exact model(if only because it doesn't make a damn sense : why cover most of Unit 08's left eyes just so Asuka could have her half-head with two eyes?), I don't think that we'll get more than limited edition or as an option for those who have an Unit 02 and 08 figures.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Bucky 0 Har3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bucky 0 Har3 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:53 am

anyone know the release date for the revo 8+2?
as I will probs get it if it wont cost an arm and leg lol
Man can't live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise..

Theron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Theron » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:54 am

I'm waiting on RAH NEO Eva 13. Then I can die happily. Any idea if there's any events coming up in the next several months where Medicom reveals stuff?

I have the RAH NEO Unit 1 on preorder for May. My body is ready.
WHERE IS MY UNIT 13 BANDAI

Bucky 0 Har3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bucky 0 Har3 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:56 am

View Original PostTheron wrote:I'm waiting on RAH NEO Eva 13. Then I can die happily. Any idea if there's any events coming up in the next several months where Medicom reveals stuff?

I would love one of them two, id say maybe either wonderfest in feb or even toyfir as well so figures crossed, as i'm praying for new revos.

Melchior
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Melchior » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:09 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Don't expect it soon. With Rebuild ongoing, the original series takes the back seat for merchandising, EOE even more so. There's a reason there's so few decent figures of the original series Evas. Once Rebuild concludes, we might see more original series stuff.

Yeahhhhh, I can dream.
Just like I dream for some impressive 20th year anniversary merch.

Bucky 0 Har3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bucky 0 Har3 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:23 am

at the very least for the 20th anniversary say there might be some new figures of the original looks of the evas and even though its not figure related they will probably release neon genesis on Blu-ray as its getting very hard to buy the DVD box set for a normal price and end of is basically out of production.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:54 am

Perhaps. In Japan. Then we can watch the fun of some Western company trying to negotiate a licence... (Series and films, anyone?)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Melchior
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Melchior » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:55 pm

View Original PostBucky 0 Har3 wrote:at the very least for the 20th anniversary say there might be some new figures of the original looks of the evas and even though its not figure related they will probably release neon genesis on Blu-ray as its getting very hard to buy the DVD box set for a normal price and end of is basically out of production.

Definitely hopeful for this - I'd love a new HD release of the original series... maybe paired with EoE.
Again, wishful.

fleeting
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fleeting » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:53 pm

View Original PostTheron wrote:I'm waiting on RAH NEO Eva 13. Then I can die happily. Any idea if there's any events coming up in the next several months where Medicom reveals stuff?

I bet Eva 13 will be another limited Wonderfest like Awakened Unit 01 and Unit 00 were. So get your $400 ready.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:00 pm

View Original PostTheron wrote:I'm waiting on RAH NEO Eva 13.

This, plus berserk MARK 09 and MARK 06. Then I can really die happy, my 3 favourite evas.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:52 pm

View Original PostBucky 0 Har3 wrote:anyone know the release date for the revo 8+2?
as I will probs get it if it wont cost an arm and leg lol

I think January 15th...

I think you'll be able to find it at around 8000 yen at Mandarake, that's what most LE's go for...
I'm currently focusing my attention on the Groundwork books since it's gonna be at least 3 months before we see other Eva figure...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:23 pm

NGE was made for tv, the maximum they can do is upscaled it to 720p
ANATA BAKA !?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:35 pm

It was shot on 16mm film. That is still good enough for a 1080p scan. There will be no upscaling involved. There's already dozens of anime released on BD that were originally shot on 16mm film and they look great in 1080p. One episode does have issues where the original negative is missing but an internegative is available and that's still good enough.

Either way a new remaster in HD will be a significant improvement over the old. Renewal was a terrible remaster by DVD standards, but it was only 2003. Given that DVD as medium is also pretty terrible a proper remaster for BD will be very welcome.

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:37 am

^ That would be a reason to buy a Blue-Ray-Player. I hope they'll show mercy.

What episode would be the troublemaker ? Episode 10, I hope. Man I hate 10.
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Bucky 0 Har3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bucky 0 Har3 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:52 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:I think January 15th...

I think you'll be able to find it at around 8000 yen at Mandarake, that's what most LE's go for...
I'm currently focusing my attention on the Groundwork books since it's gonna be at least 3 months before we see other Eva figure...

Cheers man, I'll probs get it of eBay as with the rest of my Eva's but it all depends on the price the most I would do is 10 pound more than the normal price lol

Gonna say as well to anyone who thinks neon genisis won't up scale well that they should go watch the blu ray of cowboy bebop from last year as it look almost like a new anime it's been cleaned up so well. So this is just an example as the company used the original prints from Japan and this is how they got the best picture quality possible. So fingers crossed that if they do an anniversary blu ray it gets all the love and care bebop did.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:46 am

Bebop is 35mm, so it looks utterly amazing. Eva TV was a significantly cheaper production. It's actually quite wierd they used 16mm when already in the 90s. It won't look as sexy as Bebop but it will still look great. There's still a chance they could screw it up by overfiltering it but hope for the best.

Gorbatschow, the troublemaker is episode 16.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Post up on Minna no Eva about 8+2 Revoltech release:
http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2791.html

Shows box packaging and display at the Harajuku Eva Store.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

PainXIII12
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PainXIII12 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:18 pm

chills

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”