[Game] Neon Genesis Evangelion 2: Another Cases

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:07 pm

Thanks to Naw-kun for this:

It's a screencap from the PS2 version of the game. Naw said he thought it flashed for a few seconds in the Opening sequence...

Is this GNR or Yui? Or Rei-Yui?? And does anybody remember seeing this before? I certainly haven't stumbled across it.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:09 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:flashed for a few seconds
Way less than that. A few seconds wouldn't really be a flash. Unless it contained nudity, obviously.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:20 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Thanks to Naw-kun for this:

It's a screencap from the PS2 version of the game. Naw said he thought it flashed for a few seconds in the Opening sequence...

Is this GNR or Yui? Or Rei-Yui?? And does anybody remember seeing this before? I certainly haven't stumbled across it.

Well, that's interesting.

The eyes, the expression, the hair, the wings obviously present the impression of Rei...yet the shape of the face seems more Yui than anything. Look at the jawline, how steeply it slopes upward - that's an adult face, narrower than Rei's. If I had any real reason to think it was possible I'd say it was meant to be an adult version of Rei.

Maybe the shape of the face is just ASPECT RATIO and it's just Rei, vanilla. But I don't think it's Yui, and I'm not entirely convinced that it's an entirely normal Rei, either.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Ispellnogood
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ispellnogood » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:36 am

http//www.nicozon.net/search/PSP%E7%89%88%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B2%E3%83%AA%E3%82%AA%E3%83%B32

Am I allowed to post the EVA-2 PSP endings/cutscenes I downloaded from the link here?

If I am then how do I do it?

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm playing this game recently as I mentioned in another thread but I'm having some problem with the mobile phone item; I suppose that it's called 携帯電話 and it costs 10000 yen but after purchasing it I don't get the new command that it's mentioned in the gamefaqs walkthru. Do I have to wait to get its SIM activated? Do I have to ask for phone numbers to other characters (this would make sense but what is the command?)? Or Touji (the character that I'm currently using) simply can't use it?
Any help would be appreciated, tnx.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:53 pm

You acquired the mobile/cell phone, yeah.

If I remember correctly, you have to press triangle and then square to locate where the other characters are. Then again Another Cases has a drop down menu compared to the PS2 version so maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:22 am

Yep, unfortunately as you mentioned the PSP version has a different menu system, according to the FAQ the new option should appear "between the Items and the Digression
commands" but apparently it doesn't appear.
Do you remember if it was it possible to use the mobile phone everywhere and at any time or if there were some restriction?
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Evangelion 2 Secrets?

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:07 pm

Well, I wanted to post this question in the dedicated thread but I've made the last post and you can't double post in this thread (and I doubt that anyone would notice my post after more than 15 days).
I wanted to ask is if there's anyone that know how to unlock the F-Type equipment in Evangelion 2 (PSP), in the walkthru there's no mention about it, I've searched a little and I found a Japanese page that seem to give an explanation but google's translation isn't very enlightening, anyway this is the page, it mentions the F-Type equipment in the game in the last section and it says that it has something to do with Zeruel but I can't get much more.
P.S.: If the admin/mods think that it's the case you're more than welcome to merge my post with the main thread.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:53 pm

I'll go ahead and merge them. I think a lot of the people who are familiar with the game aren't around at the moment. If you think an old thread needs a bump, you can always PM a moderator or just delete/repost your old post in the thread.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:30 am

I was thinking about sending a PM but then I thought that it could simply be merged in a second moment and I really didn't think about the delete/repost option, thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind.
Actually I've searched better (with the "f-type site:http://forum.evageeks.org/" string) and I could find in this very thread (my bad that I didn't check it from the beginning, it was the page before the last one...) a post with the explanation, you can check it here, thanks to kuro hazama.
There's actually the issue that Sailor Star Dust mentioned about the other EVAs (can they get the F-Type equipment or not?), I think that they don't get it and right now I'm playing with Asuka (and unfortunately I've already played the first 2 Shinji's scenarios, well this is a good excuse to play Shinji's 3rd scenario, let's hope that I can actually figure out what is the purpose of that scenario) but I'll give it a try.
UPDATE:
I've tried it several times but I couldn't manage to berserk Unit-02 yet I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong on my part since I have not tried it with Unit-01. I even ended up missing Asuka's "best" ending (and I got the generic "Okaerinasai" ending), compared to what SSD mentioned as requirements to unlock it I missed completely Kaworu, does anyone know if his appearance (in Asuka's scenario but actually in other not-Shinji-02 scenarios as well) is linked to some events that you can miss like in the case of Israfel or Kaworu in Shinji's 2nd scenario? Or does he appear in a random way?
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

jetatomic
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jetatomic » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:13 am

Does anybody knows how do I earn more money in this game? I want to buy "Unbreakable Heart" in Shinji's 2nd scenario. Thank You

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:08 am

View Original Postjetatomic wrote:Does anybody knows how do I earn more money in this game? I want to buy "Unbreakable Heart" in Shinji's 2nd scenario. Thank You

You can get money from Misato after each battle by using the proper command (it requires +50 of moral if I'm not wrong, Shinji will babble something and Misato will give him his pocket money, of course Asuka goes directly to the point) but apparently after some time it doesn't work anymore (maybe there's a limit to the amount you can get). Misato will give you 10k Yen at time so you'll need to wait a little before you can get your unbreakable heart. This applies to Shinji and Asuka, other characters will automatically get their money at the beginning of each chapter (though for some characters it's almost useless since they can't access the shop at least in the PSP version).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

jetatomic
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jetatomic » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:11 am

You can get money from Misato after each battle by using the proper command (it requires +50 of moral if I'm not wrong, Shinji will babble something and Misato will give him his pocket money, of course Asuka goes directly to the point) but apparently after some time it doesn't work anymore (maybe there's a limit to the amount you can get). Misato will give you 10k Yen at time so you'll need to wait a little before you can get your unbreakable heart. This applies to Shinji and Asuka, other characters will automatically get their money at the beginning of each chapter (though for some characters it's almost useless since they can't access the shop at least in the PSP version).
Thanks a lot!

By the way how do we unlock scenario 18? Thanks

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:40 am

View Original Postjetatomic wrote:Thanks a lot!

By the way how do we unlock scenario 18? Thanks

I don't remember, I've unlocked it quite early; it's possible that you have to unlock all the other scenarios (not beating the game with everyone, just having the scenario in the selection screen, if you manage to finish Shinji's 2nd scenario and you've already unlocked Pen Pen, or you get good relationship with him as well, you should unlock it), a Japanese wiki seems to say so (and I'm positive that it could be the case, I've unlocked every scenario quite early in the game)
Keep in mind that it's a quite hard scenario, you start with low A.T. and everyone else is in the same condition, I was playing it but I've putted in hold for now because I've depressed myself with the F-Type equipment (I've managed to get the first berserk event but I failed to obtain the second one; I've read in some google translated Japanese page that a requirement to unlock those events is exactly the low A.T. and I guess that I've recovered too much; now I want to unlock the item that decrease the A.T. so that I can try it again but unfortunately there could be more requirements that google translated too poorly to make them understandable, if anyone can read Japanese this is the page, the relevant part is under the title "F型装備の出し方").
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

jetatomic
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jetatomic » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:23 am

I don't remember, I've unlocked it quite early; it's possible that you have to unlock all the other scenarios (not beating the game with everyone, just having the scenario in the selection screen, if you manage to finish Shinji's 2nd scenario and you've already unlocked Pen Pen, or you get good relationship with him as well, you should unlock it), a Japanese wiki seems to say so (and I'm positive that it could be the case, I've unlocked every scenario quite early in the game)
Keep in mind that it's a quite hard scenario, you start with low A.T. and everyone else is in the same condition, I was playing it but I've putted in hold for now because I've depressed myself with the F-Type equipment (I've managed to get the first berserk event but I failed to obtain the second one; I've read in some google translated Japanese page that a requirement to unlock those events is exactly the low A.T. and I guess that I've recovered too much; now I want to unlock the item that decrease the A.T. so that I can try it again but unfortunately there could be more requirements that google translated too poorly to make them understandable, if anyone can read Japanese this is the page, the relevant part is under the title "F型装備の出し方").

Thanks again!

I tried to get my Eva to berserk on the second time too but Gendo always activate the dummy plug.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:16 am

Are you referring to a scenario other than the first one? I actually never obtained the dummy plug activation outside of the first scenario in which it's basically a fixed event against Bardiel as far as I know (even tough it's probably possible to get it in other scenarios as well otherwise the dummy plug development report would be meaningless).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

jetatomic
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jetatomic » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:00 am

Are you referring to a scenario other than the first one? I actually never obtained the dummy plug activation outside of the first scenario in which it's basically a fixed event against Bardiel as far as I know (even tough it's probably possible to get it in other scenarios as well otherwise the dummy plug development report would be meaningless).

I mean Shinji's 2nd Scenario. I got it when Ritsuko finished developing Dummy plug. So from now on everytime my HP is low, Gendo will activate the dummy system instead of berserk. Its attack are similar to berserk one. The only difference is that Eva-01's jaws are not open.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:48 pm

Thank you for your reply (it's nice to see that there are still people interested in this game ^_^). Could you check (or do you remember) how much A.T. you had when the dummy system was activated? For some reason during my Shinji's 3rd scenario playthrough it didn't activate at all and I'm quite sure that it has been developed (I simply got defeated each time I tried to get the 2nd berserk event). Also you had the umbilical cable plugged or not?
I suppose that I'm going to replay Shinji's 3rd scenario soon since I've unlocked the object that can decrease your A.T. (but I wonder if it's single use or not, Shinji doesn't have enough money to purchase many of those special items).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:04 pm

You unlock Scenario 18 by beating all the other scenarios, I believe. Another method is when you're playing as another character, make sure your highest relationship is with Shinji so when you get a game over or clear the game, the scenario should be there.

Tips to beating that particular scenario is somewhere in this thread. I personally haven't messed around with getting F-type equipment yet so I can't comment on that.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:16 pm

Okay so I think Scenario 18 exists as an "Get F-type equipment" deal (weird this-scenario-only sequence of Shinji and Pen Pen talking during Shinji's heat exhaustion aside).

I fought 4th Angel Matarael and got Yui to go bousou. Stay tuned...

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”