Eva Action Figures (including Rebuild) [1]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Hatsumi92 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:39 am

I think i've said this before but, I really want that Mari figure-- the tall one not the chibi one.

I just find that pink plug-suit adorable.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:46 am

OMG!!!
The "bayonete" and "sword" and "eye poker" and other euphemisms used for the thingamabob Mari uses Vs Zeruel in rebuild are oficially EUPHEMISMS! It's called "Thunder-Spear"... Wanna know how I know...
I'LL COME WITH UNIT 02 BEAST!!!! D
Check this out
http//ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/search/label/Non-Gundam%20Stuff
As I sort of translated the original Japanese source page (and by that I mean ordered some online translator to do so) I [sort of] found out that It will come only with the 1srt production lot... And that at some part of the package it'll say that there's one included...

Reichu Still, it IS REbuild's Unit 04, the color scheme is that one of a Rebuild unit, it doesn't really matter if it's labeled as "the last angel" and it appeared as a pachinko promotional; as far as I'm concerned the could have labeled it "the babylon whore" and still it would be Eva-04 (and be expensive)
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:18 pm

So I'm not sure if these are the same figures how in mold-form and once created or two different sets of figures, but here:

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-822.html

and

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-828.html

(Yeah, there are images are on the pages but there's too many to upload via photobucket. @_@)

The one thing I especially like is how Rei will come with Gendo's glasses case and a cell-phone (Shinji's SDAT too??) and Asuka has her handpuppet. Oh, and both girls come with their eyepatches apparently. :3

Looking at it again, Asuka is eyepatch-less. Still awesome anyway.

I've been meaning to get some decent Rebuild figures since I don't really have any (either too expensive or I don't like how the faces look) but Figma sounds like a great brand. I just hope they'll eventually make figures of Kaworu and Shinji too (and Misato).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:13 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:So I'm not sure if these are the same figures how in mold-form and once created or two different sets of figures, but here:

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-822.html

and

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-828.html

(Yeah, there are images are on the pages but there's too many to upload via photobucket. @_@)

The one thing I especially like is how Rei will come with Gendo's glasses case and a cell-phone (Shinji's SDAT too??) and Asuka has her handpuppet. Oh, and both girls come with their eyepatches apparently. :3

Looking at it again, Asuka is eyepatch-less. Still awesome anyway.

I've been meaning to get some decent Rebuild figures since I don't really have any (either too expensive or I don't like how the faces look) but Figma sounds like a great brand. I just hope they'll eventually make figures of Kaworu and Shinji too (and Misato).

The first link you posted there features the figmas, the same figures that this thread has been trying to show off right from the start. The second link you posted below the figmas feature the Kaiyodo revoltechs. Yes i know they do seem to have more accessories than the figmas for now. However, theres something about their sculpts i dont dig....

Revoltech has been known to modify the original characters and give their own "stylized" renditions of how they should look in their toy line. I find Max Factory's Figmas are by far more faithful to the anime characters with more anime "accurate" sculpts. Accurate being the faces and bodies actually look like their anime counterparts.

And if your impressed with Revoltech's accessories (aka. phone, gendo glasses, eyepatch) just you wait. Figmas historically have been shown to feature more accessories than their Revoltech Fraulein counterparts. I suggest that you should wait for more announcements for Figma before deciding which figures you want to get.

I dont like Revoltech Frauleins.....yes its pretty obvious.... ^_^ :biii:

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:46 am

I'll add to what arael said in his previous ecstatic post above. ^_^

Yes, the Japanese Hobby Stock blog has given us some preview pics of their copy of the Revoltech Unit 02 Beast mode. And my is it a Beast. LOL. Heres some pics of it to open the floor

Yes it does seem to be molded of all new parts. No body part is reused from the Unit 02 Revoltech. Sorry Jesterhead....looks like your wrong this time. :)

Its Waist is pretty poseable. Bending forwards and backwards!

Now for some Dynamic Poses!!!

Anyways pretty impressed eh?

But thats a plus for all who pre-order this Unit 02 beast. All first press released figures also come with Unit 02's Lightning Lance which was used in the Eva 2.0 film Awesome. Remember if you want this switch blade of a Bayonet accessory you got to pre-order and get a first press release of the Revoltech Beast mode figure.

Source:
[url]http://blog.hobbystock.jp/report/2010/04/tp0357.html[/url]

Jesterhead
Adam

Postby Jesterhead » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:05 am

So glad I pre-ordered!. The lightning lance makes the somewhat disappointing figure worth it imo!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:48 am

"Showing flashes of bravado, in a torrent of destruction, keep your head above the mayhem, clarity will be your weapon as the blinded la la la, la la"
You can just hear the BG music whan you see the thingie! XD

Ps: check my blog, I posted the first oficially "cool" pic...
link below

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:25 pm

Are the figma girls on sale by now? If not, is there a date or something for their release?
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:51 pm

View Original PostAchtungAffen wrote:Are the figma girls on sale by now? If not, is there a date or something for their release?

They arent out yet. These Figma Eva girls wont be availabe on Japanese store shelves until July 2010. And if your importing them from Japan or planning to get these from a local Japanese import shop, dont expect to get these gals in your hands until August. Heh.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:55 pm

So aside from myself and Jesterhead, has anyone else placed pre-orders for Unit 02 Beast mode? Is anyone here even planning to get this monstrosity?

Amras Felagund
Adam

Postby Amras Felagund » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Personally, I placed a pre-order as soon as I found out that it would come with an accessory that would not be included once it was shipped.
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:54 pm

The owner of the anime shop of my choice has my order since I knew it would exist... He already has his pre-order, so I guess it'll have the thunder-spear [so cool to say it!]... Call me annoying, he does D...

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Eva 04 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:25 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:So aside from myself and Jesterhead, has anyone else placed pre-orders for Unit 02 Beast mode? Is anyone here even planning to get this monstrosity?

I am since I got the awakened version of Unit 01 and the regular version.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun May 09, 2010 2:30 pm

I found theese... They are NOT revoltechs, they're the "robot spirits" of Bandai... the unit 00 has not yet benn released...

Note the missile that (once more) was held from us poor buyers from having

Now... Why never an AT field!?

The thunderspear... With luck, you'll have it with the Eva-02 Beast of Revoltech... I've heard [source reliable 50%-50%] that the thingie was NOT planned to be included, but after fandom demand it was decided to add it only AFTER mass production was over, in other words: there's no 1st edition. They were added to MOST of the figures later...
What do u think...? Trick to make the "1st edition" more expensive and get another "sword-slash to the abs for cash" or a TRUE attemp to satisfy fandom...

Jesterhead
Adam

Postby Jesterhead » Mon May 10, 2010 12:28 am

View Original Postarael wrote:Trick to make the "1st edition" more expensive and get another "sword-slash to the abs for cash" or a TRUE attemp to satisfy fandom...

I've already invested over $200 in my 2.0 Revoltechs, what another $15/$20 for a great accessory?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon May 10, 2010 9:18 pm

Well... That's a point...
Here's my collection... Everyone, post yours!

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon May 10, 2010 11:51 pm

Nice collection Arael. :toothy: I'll post my own collection when i can. You seem to have all the Rebuild revoltechs and even some of the older ones too. My collection is somewhat larger than yours since i started collecting Eva Revoltechs right from the beginning in 2006.

Will need to dig some of the older ones from my storage bins to do a photo shoot. I think i may have even forgotten to open the older Mass Production Eva that comes with the weapon accessories. Should do a review of that one while i wait for the Unit 02 Beast to ship.

Yeah.....speaking of... I really dont mind to spend just a little more to get that Lightning Spear Accessory to go with my Unit 02. Its really a great accessory it would seem.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Wait Electric Sachiel... Most of the old ones?
I only skipped the F-type unit one (that one was a money making whore), and I have both the mass production evas (I only placed one in the photo)
From Rebuild... Yes... Even unit 04
Which ones I'm lacking?
By the way, here's a video of that particular shoot... I mean, 1 hour posing figures and 45 minutes of placing them in their respective boxes for a few shots? NO! In the 12th second you can see behind Unit-00 a cell box that contains every hand & equippement that does not have a space in the pastic holder of the box, with labels! :D Obsessive?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jre8f2CENY[/url]

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue May 11, 2010 10:29 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Wait Electric Sachiel... Most of the old ones?
I only skipped the F-type unit one (that one was a money making whore), and I have both the mass production evas (I only placed one in the photo)
From Rebuild... Yes... Even unit 04
Which ones I'm lacking?
By the way, here's a video of that particular shoot... I mean, 1 hour posing figures and 45 minutes of placing them in their respective boxes for a few shots? NO! In the 12th second you can see behind Unit-00 a cell box that contains every hand & equippement that does not have a space in the pastic holder of the box, with labels! :D Obsessive?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jre8f2CENY[/url]

Oops! My bad! I didnt notice you also had most if not all the old 2006 Evas too. Yeah, I have pretty much everything you have except for Unit 04. I have the Mass Produced Eva weapons version while you dont. Give or take i guess..... *shrugs*

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:17 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:I have both the mass production evas (I only placed one in the photo)

That's: I have both the weapons version and the wings version of them...

Hey! Guess who has an Eva-02 Beast...!?

Mine got here yesterday XD
1st edition so it came with a Thunder-spear. Besides the folding blade, it has a collapsible stock!

Here are the first offsprings of my twisted imagination...

3 of the Evas see the mysterious package, unaware of the residing evil...

They open the package...

And Ze Bisto goes free!

Off with 00's head! AGAIN!

03 attacks and damages the demon, retrieves with a back-flip, but it's striked too!

01 tries to use it's AT field to keep the monster back, but the beast bites through it! How will this dramatic event finish!?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”