Eva Pic Thread 6: The Search for More Money (use spoilers)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:52 pm

^

Shinji: Asuka, why do you have a chicken?

Asuka: Shut up, Shinji, and choke this chicken.

Shinji: WHAT!?

Asuka: Strangle this chicken for my amusement!

Shinji: I...don't want to kill the chicken! I like chickens!

Asuka: Cry while you do it! Hurry up and murder this bird!

CHICKEN: B-KAW!
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:53 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:*snaps fingers* I know what he's is talking about. However, Chaddy, I don't think that's Asuka being sincere. She's being bitter, mocking even.
She says it's a part of him that she wants to have Good Sir, you know her all or nothing speech, "If I can't have all of you I want nothing at all".

He likes to eat chickens so I don't think he likes them too much Gob :lol:

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:09 pm

He doesn't like to kill them!

:shinji_boohoo:
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Girls Day Out:

SPOILER: Show

Congratulations!

Decontamination?:

WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL ANNO?

Final Spoiler? (Gore Warning)

Some more I forgot to add:

Never Invite Your Parents To An Early Screening:

Where Do I Sign Up?

Last edited by Ray on Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:55 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:He doesn't like to kill them!

:shinji_boohoo:

It's better for them than if they were at a slaughter house, he would find more ethical ways to kill them.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:30 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Decontamination?:

Where the hell did you get that?! So goddamn saved.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:32 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Where the hell did you get that?! So goddamn saved.

It's from Girlfriend of Steel 2.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:40 pm

Lemme guess: Asuka route?
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:42 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Lemme guess: Asuka route?

Indeed, her sexy sexy route :shifty:

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:51 pm

Sexy because of the ending or sexy because of fanservice?

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:08 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Sexy because of the ending or sexy because of fanservice?

Fanservice of course :lol: From what I hear her ending is pretty WAFFY.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:21 pm

Ending, if I'm remembering correctly. There was service no matter what route you took, though...and plenty of it.

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Let me put this way, a girl who says she wouldn't mind watching you choke the chicken may be a sign that she's into you, that's just my opinion though. Oh and she wants you all to herself too.

Okay, this may be me talking, but I'm going to take off the rose-colored lenses for a moment and speak freely: as Nuke said, her tone made it fairly clear that this was meant to be insincere. And the bit about "if I can't have all of you, then I don't want anything from you" is just...not how you conduct any working relationship. I've said it before, and it still stands: what they had between them by that point (and, really, anything after the "kiss" scene in ep.15) could only be descibed as "toxic", for both parties involved. Hence, why there must be much heavy lifting to make anything between them truly work after 3I.

And while we're on it...

Also the boy made a what sounded quite a bit like a declaration of love, it's not everyday you tell a woman you want to with her forever.

...you do if that's really all you feel like you have left, if that's well and truly what you see as the final option to save your life from perpetual loneliness. And, at that point, Shinji did think that way. Whether or not he really felt like that toward Asuka is still up in the air (EoE's ambiguity is a pain-in-the-ass sometimes, but I still think there was some genuine sincerity in there), but in all honesty, that whole scene was a prime example of "grasping at straws"...and we saw how well that went.

Sorry about that, I just rarely get the opportunity to espouse deeper thoughts on them without sounding like a biased fangirl.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:24 pm

That's all taken care of by the Chuckman Puke Hypothesis™.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:39 pm

And what, pray tell, is the Chukman Puke Hypothesis....tm?

:ehh:
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Kimochi warui means "I'm going to puke, hold my hair"
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Ah...the true sign of love!
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:00 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Can't remember such scene. You have some quotations maybe?
The script is online at evaotaku for convenient reference. People are mixing lines from the hell-train and kitchen scenes.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:01 pm

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:Ending, if I'm remembering correctly. There was service no matter what route you took, though...and plenty of it.

Okay, this may be me talking, but I'm going to take off the rose-colored lenses for a moment and speak freely: as Nuke said, her tone made it fairly clear that this was meant to be insincere. And the bit about "if I can't have all of you, then I don't want anything from you" is just...not how you conduct any working relationship. I've said it before, and it still stands: what they had between them by that point (and, really, anything after the "kiss" scene in ep.15) could only be descibed as "toxic", for both parties involved. Hence, why there must be much heavy lifting to make anything between them truly work after 3I.

And while we're on it...

...you do if that's really all you feel like you have left, if that's well and truly what you see as the final option to save your life from perpetual loneliness. And, at that point, Shinji did think that way. Whether or not he really felt like that toward Asuka is still up in the air (EoE's ambiguity is a pain-in-the-ass sometimes, but I still think there was some genuine sincerity in there), but in all honesty, that whole scene was a prime example of "grasping at straws"...and we saw how well that went.

Sorry about that, I just rarely get the opportunity to espouse deeper thoughts on them without sounding like a biased fangirl.

See I was never able to play it cause no one translated it and there are like zero play throughs of it on Youtube, which is ridiculous cause hello it's Evangelion related.

:boingy: Squeeeeeee

Broham I would absolutely love to get into this conversation with you, it sounds super fun but in order to have it there is something I have to ask, do you believe it was their conscious or subconscious that they were speaking through?
Last edited by ChaddyManPrime on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:05 pm

@AngelNo13Bardiel: Awesome post!

:asuka_thumbsup:

And yeah, Shinji was desperate and Asuka was the only one left. He needed her more than she needed him and she could see right through that.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:53 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I thought about this before, but more in the context of the son, now Shinji's 'apparent' age, being almost a man already from the harsh world he grew up in, in contrast to Shinji, and blaming Shinji for killing Kaji and turning Misato into a cold, obsessive person.

Just for the added Irony/pain of Shinji finding that he accidentally inflincted his own backstory on someone else.

The kid would also have some serious big sister worship going on towards Asuka and idolize her.
Because, dunno. A kid of Misato and Kaji would probably be an emotional person and thus get along with her.

But one bad thing about that would be that it would kind of take away from Misato's whole "christmas cake complex" plot, and how she would have remained unmarried and alone in Q.

Also, I can't really see Misato and Kaji as the kind of people who procreate. It would have to be a 'no contraceptives in post-apocalyptic wasteland' thing.

On the other hands, Kids would really be something that you couldn't do in a film with time constraints, for they wouldn't have any reason to be on the combat bridge or anywhere near Shinji, but could be used in a FF specifically to flesh out the setting some more. It would suit the Wunder as a n "Ark/Ship of hope" and the general ragtag nature of WILLE.

I still hold out hope that there's just a sort of "ground zero" around Japan after N3I, and that there's still areas (like Europe, which is pretty much halfway around the planet from Japan) where there's some semblance of a developed world.

Then again, my headcanon also thinks that N3I will spark a rebellion across the Deep South led by Rick Perry. YMMV.

I could totally picture Asuka as an F1 driver  SPOILER: Show

Return to “Old Stickies”