Was WWII a Seele Plot?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

Was WWII a Seele Plot?

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:52 pm

I've been reading the Classified Information's Seele section and noticed that it mentioned crushing all opposition during the mid-20th century. I started to think that WWII was engineered by Seele as a way to hasten their rise to power.

Evidence:
1. WWII started around the specified time period.
2. The U.N was formed after WWII. We all know that Seele uses it as its main tool in achiveing it's goals.
3. WWII was the only major conflict that occured during the specified time period.
4. Times of great upheaval are a great opportunity for conducting shady activities.

Theory:
Seele started WWII so that the major world governments would be distracted with war and would not notice a silent takeover. It would also encourage the formation of a unified government that would be a perfect tool for Seele.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:11 pm

It's plausible. It's plausible that both world wars were a result of Seele's manipulation.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:57 pm

So how would the gratuitously Jewish aspects of Seele be reconciled with the Jewish mass-murdering of WWII? Might not be a difficult problem to overcome, but it came to mind.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:33 pm

Reichu wrote:So how would the gratuitously Jewish aspects of Seele be reconciled with the Jewish mass-murdering of WWII? Might not be a difficult problem to overcome, but it came to mind.

The Holocaust may have been an accident that Seele did not forsee, but it helped to encourage the formation of a global power that could stop such a tragedy from happening again in the future.

Or it could have been an opportunity to get rid of their opponents in Europe. It couldn't have been too hard to fake records that would show that an opponent had Jewish lineage. Said opponent would then be removed from the scene.

Of course many innocent lives were lost, but it would be a small price for Seele to pay.

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:25 pm

Self-hating Jews, obv.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:37 pm

I'm suspecting a potential godwin.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:54 pm

Seele could be doing just about anything out there. I never considered Seele as being very "Jewish", I thought of them as having evolved from a medieval trade organization, like the Hanseatic league. Whatever they're up to and however they influenced world history is anyone's guess, although controlling the world's finances is an easy way to make puppets of everyone.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:04 pm

Jinroh wrote:I'm suspecting a potential godwin.

Nazis did the Holocaust.

There, now shut up.

UrsusArctos wrote:I never considered Seele as being very "Jewish"

As in Jewish mysticism -- Kabbalah and so forth. There are implied ties to the Essenes brotherhood, too, possibly the "ancestors" with lofty ambitions spoken of in the CI.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:57 pm

Perhaps Jewish persecution was a front for a more specific search for mystical regalia and traditionally secret information?

I think it's more likely that Seele simply used the outcome of the war to empower themselves by becoming interwoven within the developing UN. They 'crushed' the other covert factions vying for large-scale world economic control using this influence and by infiltrating major government-industrial complex factors.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:59 pm

NemZ's theory confirmed it. They're Jews.

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:38 pm

NemZ wrote:I think it's more likely that Seele simply used the outcome of the war to empower themselves by becoming interwoven within the developing UN. They 'crushed' the other covert factions vying for large-scale world economic control using this influence and by infiltrating major government-industrial complex factors.

My theory is that Seele got the war started by putting the right people in the right places, withholding information, and other stereotypical cabalistic activites. After the war began, everyone (not just governments, but other groups such as the Mafia) was distracted with winning the war. Such distraction enabled Seele to manipulate their way into the major world governments, industries, and militaries. Seele was then able to end the war and aid in the formation of the UN and, eventually, dominated it.

MatrixRefugee
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MatrixRefugee » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:43 pm

Oy! This very idea was going through my mind this morning as I was getting ready for work, mostly because I was trying to calculate Keel's age and figuring out how old he would have been during WWII: If he's ninety during the events of the anime, he would have been born in 1925, which means he would have been a teenager/young man during the war, which gave me the mental image of a much-younger -- and still organically human -- Keel as either a Hitler Youth or as a Waffen-SS cadet. :: Wince::

It's possible some of the Seele members could have been Jewish and hidden in plain sight. I've got a book in my collection, entitled (I think) "The Last Jews in Berlin", which deals with, among other people, a young, blond Jewish man who simply used his "Aryan" looks as camouflage (he did have to find a way to reverse his circumcision, but it was, in his own words, a small price to pay to stay alive and support his family).
My Anime List profile || DarkScribes page

Avatar: At least the wintry gent is smiling a bit, instead of facepalming...

Conrad Gray
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Conrad Gray » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:22 pm

There is a theory that NGE takes place in an alternate history where the Axis powers won World War II.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:35 pm

Note the existence in NGE of Japan's "Self Defense Forces". Since Wikipedia puts it succinctly:

Japan Self-Defense Forces (自衛隊, Jieitai), or JSDF, are the military forces in Japan that were established after the end of the post-World War II American occupation of Japan.

This is indication enough that NGE's version of WWII resolved as it did IRL -- on a "superficial" level, anyway.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:14 pm

Well, SEELE does use the UN as one of their main power bases, so it is quite possible... and the fact that SEELE is supposed to be a quasi-stereotypical behind the scenes secret society which may have risen from the amalgamation of other secret societies.

We see that the JSSDF is very closely linked to the UN. The JSDF was an American creation (well, strictly speaking, the previous organisation, the Police Reserve Unit was an American creation), and the UN is also an American (well, Allied) creation, so therefore, if SEELE could at will, control the military arm of the UN, we can assume that SEELE may have got something to do with the creation of the UN, not necessarily the instigation of WWII, but it must have helped them quite a bit (assuming they were not directly related to the results of WWII)
I feel old

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:46 pm

SEELE could control the military branch of the UN? When did this happen? SEELE controlled the JSSDF during EoE, but I don't remember anything else about SEELE controlling the UN Military Forces. Unless you want to talk about bringing Asuka over from Germany with the UN naval fleet.

Also, I don't think the JSSDF was an American creation...was it?

In other words, sauce.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby The Goose » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:10 pm

If Seele started WWII, doesn't that mean that, "they," themselves are, in some way, to blame for a small percentage of hatred, non-communication, and pain among people in the world? Thereby, increasing the their idea that instrumenaity needs to happen?

Conrad Gray
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Conrad Gray » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:04 pm

I think most rumors are really reaching and overanalytical, but this is fun (the World War II one is on it).

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:00 am

Conrad Gray wrote:I think most rumors are really reaching and overanalytical, but this is fun (the World War II one is on it).

"Every time somebody links to that dratted TV Tropes WMG page, [insert appropriate macro variation here]."

So far, I think NemZ is the winrar.

NemZ wrote:I think it's more likely that SEELE simply used the outcome of the war to empower themselves by becoming interwoven within the developing UN. They 'crushed' the other covert factions vying for large-scale world economic control using this influence and by infiltrating major government-industrial complex factors.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:05 am

this thread reminds me of this

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”