Is there any proof that AT fields are 360 barriers?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:48 am

and what would that be?

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:36 pm

(belch) oh okay never mind im good now
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

NeonZ
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NeonZ » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:41 am

The AT Field (in my opinion) conforms (relatively) to the shape of what is generating it, until it is expanded. Take Unit 01 in episode 12 for example, when it is running to catch the falling Angel Sahaquiel, it activates its field while on foot. When it stops beneath the Angel, it spreads its AT Field, as if it were a balloon being inflated. The surrounding buildings and structures about him were completely obliterated by his spreading AT Field. Much like how Sahaquiel was able to destroy the two recon satelites that were on opposite sides of it.

Taking this into account, I think thats all the proof you need as to whether AT Fields are all encompassing barriers.

That makes sense. Thank you for replying!

Tabris
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tabris » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:27 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Take Unit 01 in episode 12 for example, when it is running to catch the falling Angel Sahaquiel, it activates its field while on foot. When it stops beneath the Angel, it spreads its AT Field, as if it were a balloon being inflated. The surrounding buildings and structures about him were completely obliterated by his spreading AT Field. Much like how Sahaquiel was able to destroy the two recon satelites that were on opposite sides of it.

Ah, you beat me to it. I was just going to mention that when Unit-01 expands the field at that moment, the debris moves as if it it were being pushed aside by an expanding vortex. It gives the impression of either a circular wall or a sphere being formed by the AT field.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”