How do Angels get special abilities?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:11 am

*sigh* almost every topic I post, in the end, they always go off-topic. I don't know what the world you people are talking about,but I'm getting a feeling that Tabris would show up.
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:15 am

Doesn't the CI say that the S2 gives Angels their abilities?

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:18 am

Yes, it does, but earlier I did state that the S2 Organs turn matter into energy. But HOW(is the question)do they manage to fire off their beams and weapons etc. For example, Zeruel's big skull thingy head. 8)
>>Nothing<<

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:28 am

teh CI wrote:The "Super Solenoid Engine" is the Angels' source of limitless motive energy. It is thought that this gives the Angels abilities such as self-regeneration and metamorphosis that, for living creatures, go beyond the bounds of common sense.

(Hah hah, that sounds kind of funny.)

So what leads to the "abilities" -- the S2 itself, or the unlimited energy it furnishes? There's technically a difference.

And what does this entail for any "Angel-type" ability exhibited by an S2-less Eva?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:28 am

I wrote:They're "God humans", do they really need a logical reason beyond that?
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:39 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
I wrote:They're "God humans", do they really need a logical reason beyond that?

Well, can you explain how in the universe that God can control anything he wants!?!?!?!?!? CAN YOU EXPLAIN THAT?!?!?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!? And how God is so gargantuan he fills every tinniest bit of space in the universe?!! EXPLAIN THAT!

Arggh...I'm exaggerating, and also getting pissed off. :x
>>Nothing<<

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:56 am

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:Yes, it does, but earlier I did state that the S2 Organs turn matter into energy. But HOW(is the question)do they manage to fire off their beams and weapons etc. For example, Zeruel's big skull thingy head. 8)

"weapons"? What weapons? The beam would seem to be the only thing that needs explaining here, if even that. You're not referring to Leliel's Dirac Sea or Arael's psych beam are you? Surely those have been explained before? They are the only two I can think of that lack an intrinsic explanation.

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:Well, can you explain how in the universe that God can control anything he wants!?!?!?!?!? CAN YOU EXPLAIN THAT?!?!?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!? And how God is so gargantuan he fills every tinniest bit of space in the universe?!! EXPLAIN THAT!

Eh, technically, he doesn't have to, the term "God" is used rather loosely, as they obviously lack that kind of "absolute" power, really, in the end, any power they have is Earth, and perhaps Moon bound, they can't do anything to the rest of the solar system, much less the Galaxy or the Universe, and they're certainly not turning water into wine/blood, or parting Seas (that one they could conceivably do, depending on power output and from what points they are "parting" the water, still there are limitations, and they wouldn't be able to do it indefinitely).

As to God being everywhere though, I liken that concept to the guy from .hack//SIGN, sitting in a chair upside down, who said he was everywhere, yet no where. If you can understand what he was saying (and I was able to at the time, unfortunately I lack the ability to properly explain it), then you could somehow come to terms with how God himself might exist.

Then as to being "all powerful", eh, that seems to be more of a "given" than what can be explained, like 2+2=4, why is that? The logic in both questions seems about equal, it's just something you accept or don't accept, an absolute or a falsification. 8)
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”