where did the MP evas get their s2 engines?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

where did the MP evas get their s2 engines?

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:08 am

were they built in a nifty s2 engine factory? salvaged from somewhere?
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:25 am

When they salvaged the core from Shamshel they were able to obtain its S2 engine. I imagine they found a way to clone it - or found a way to manufacture the MPEs with S2s in them.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:41 am

A valid question: my guess is that we know with Eva 04 they were tinkering with making their own S2 Organs.....so this is just that they were able to perfect them.

****But what role exactly did Shamshel's core play? Someone once said Shamshel's core was reused in Eva 04 but I think that's wrong: I think they just reverse engineered it.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:45 am

S2 is *supposedly* inside the core. They wanted the Core so they could study/use/engineer/whatever the S2 for their own needs.
Last edited by Eva Yojimbo on Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:31 am

Eva Yojimbo wrote:S2 is inside the core.

You sir just opened a can of worms. And I'm going to let the sticklers for details sack you mercilessly.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:38 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:You sir just opened a can of worms. And I'm going to let the sticklers for details sack you mercilessly.
Fixed. ;)

I always assumed it was. I mean, when Yui goes bonkers in ep. 19 and starts chowing down on Zeruel's core, Ritsuko goes into her "OMG! She's taking the S2 into herself!" routine....

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:54 am

Eva Yojimbo wrote:I mean, when Yui goes bonkers in ep. 19 and starts chowing down on Zeruel's core

Since when is she shown chowing on the core? About the only recognizable feature seen being chewed on was the "face" for a lack of a better term.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:10 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:Since when is she shown chowing on the core? About the only recognizable feature seen being chewed on was the "face" for a lack of a better term.
I'll have to watch it again, but I seem to remember the core being visible right before she starts chowing down... maybe that was something else?

Anyway, if the S2 isn't in the core, how do you explain their desire for Shamshel's core as intact as possible? They obviously wanted an S2. They were able to produce Evas with cores - what they needed was an S2. Hence - Shamshel with core intact = S2 for them to use.

Ayana-Me
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ayana-Me » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:25 am

After the NERV branch in Nevada is wiped out during the S2 experiments, doesn't Gendo remark that they still had all the collected data? They probably did for the MP evas what they did for Unit 04, just minus the catastrophic explosion part.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:48 pm

We discussed the location of the S^2 organ a while back. The thread drifted slightly, but the overall thrust was that indeed, it appears that the S^2 organ is in, or at least takes residence in the core.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:59 pm

I would imagine they cloned Shamshel's organ and slapped them in the Harpies. Though this seems rather dangerous considering the refirbished one from Shamshel destroyed an entire branch of NERV.

Big Panda
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Big Panda » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:35 pm

Eva Yojimbo wrote:Anyway, if the S2 isn't in the core, how do you explain their desire for Shamshel's core as intact as possible? They obviously wanted an S2. They were able to produce Evas with cores - what they needed was an S2. Hence - Shamshel with core intact = S2 for them to use.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say: "Everything is intact, EXCEPT THE CORE" (Not with these words)

BTW, Shamshel is the fourth right?
I guess it's time for a decent sig right? NAHHHHHHHH

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:43 pm

Big Panda wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say: "Everything is intact, EXCEPT THE CORE" (Not with these words)

BTW, Shamshel is the fourth right?
That's why I said "as intact as possible". The core was obviously breached by Sho's Prog Knife, but they obviously took the core out for something.

Yes, the fourth. Adam, Lilith, Sachiel, Shamshel - the heart looking one.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:50 pm

They probably did for the MP evas what they did for Unit 04, just minus the catastrophic explosion part.

That's what I assumed
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

InvaderRen
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby InvaderRen » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:13 pm

I was pretty sure that the Eva's cores had been genetically REMOVED for the purpose of not giving them unlimitied power.

To give the Harpies the core, they would just have to leave the DNA sequence for it

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:32 pm

All Evas have cores, this is where the soul resides. We never see EVA-02's or EVA-03's, but we did see EVA-00's proving that it is natural for them to have cores.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:42 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:All Evas have cores, this is where the soul resides. We never see EVA-02's or EVA-03's, but we did see EVA-00's proving that it is natural for them to have cores.

They do talk about 02 and 03's, at least.

InvaderRen wrote:I was pretty sure that the Eva's cores had been genetically REMOVED for the purpose of not giving them unlimitied power.

You're thinking of something super and solenoidy, aren't you?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:21 pm

S2 organ is located IN the core, right?
Who is "Codename V"?....

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Wed May 02, 2007 8:05 pm

V wrote:S2 organ is located IN the core, right?

Nope its that face thing on most of the angels or at least it was in the one Unit-one ate . . .

As for the MP-evas Seele have NERV bulding evas. The S2 engine was built or atleast designed in germany.

edit: Ooops :oops:
Last edited by DatDude on Thu May 03, 2007 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed May 02, 2007 9:37 pm

DatDude wrote:Nope its that face thing on most of the angels or at least it was in the one Unit-One ate . . .

FIXED!

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”