What is the purpose of.....

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

What is the purpose of.....

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:03 pm

the Eva's mouths, i kno, its already supossed to b sealed shut, when they're not berserk.

but why dont they just seal the actual mouth like they did with the rest of the body, because the nose used to b there, right?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:07 pm

A) Roaring
B) Eating
C) Performing various (read: lesbian) sex acts.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:08 pm

but seriously, Nerv already cut off everything else that seem almost human from them, why did they stop at the mouth?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:15 pm

Sachiel_13 wrote:but seriously, Nerv already cut off everything else that seem almost human from them

You mean all of the things that they didn't have in the first place?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ayana-Me
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ayana-Me » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:15 pm

I'm thinking that it would be kinda difficult to "cut off" the mouth. Or just unnecessary. If the Eva's didn't have mouths, there would be some plot elements that would need to be changed, like Unit 01 ingesting the S2 engine.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:18 pm

i know that, but im not saying to cut it off, just to seal it off like they probably did with some other *cough* places.
- Sachi

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:28 pm

Sachiel_13 wrote:i know that, but im not saying to cut it off, just to seal it off like they probably did with some other *cough* places.

I thought they only did that in certain parts of Africa nowadays.

The jaw pieces are held shut by a "frontal shut-off joint" (should check the original Japanese sometime), which is just a piece of metal or something that goes flying off in a million pieces when 01 and 03 break it with minimal effort.

BTW, Sachiel dude, check yer PMs.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:30 pm

yeah, but you would think that Nerv would come to there senses and get a stronger piece of metal, so they wouldnt always have to replace the weaker one whenever the Eva's go berserk
- Sachi

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:39 pm

Sachiel_13 wrote:yeah, but you would think that Nerv would come to there senses and get a stronger piece of metal, so they wouldnt always have to replace the weaker one whenever the Eva's go berserk

Well, aside from Yui-sama's antics, we only get a genuine "jaw-pop" on EVA-03. (And, nice continuity error, they show the bits of metal flying out the second time she roars, rather than when she actually first opens her mouth...) And, since Nerv doesn't get enough funding and Gendo is perfectly fine with his wife going all out on the battlefield anyway, the EVA-01 situation is a non-concern.

I kind of wonder how Kyoko-sama does all of that roaring in #25' without giving us a blatant jaw-pop. Much to my delight, they got rid of that silly "whole helmet pop" gimmick in the TV series (yes, a GOOD change!), and we get to see that her helmet has those funky teeth as per 01 and 03, however well-concealed. I woulda loved to see Kyoko-sama roaring with mouth agape and nasty teeth bared for all to see.

Maybe they were just too lazy to reanimate the relevant cuts after the vocalizations were added post-REBIRTH.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:20 pm

Reichu wrote:I kind of wonder how Kyoko-sama does all of that roaring in #25' without giving us a blatant jaw-pop. Much to my delight, they got rid of that silly "whole helmet pop" gimmick in the TV series (yes, a GOOD change!), and we get to see that her helmet has those funky teeth as per 01 and 03, however well-concealed. I woulda loved to see Kyoko-sama roaring with mouth agape and nasty teeth bared for all to see.

maybye Kyoko-sama couldnt break the mouth piece because she was only a clone of Adam, and since Unit-01 was a clone of Lilith, she was strong enough to break free. as for Unit-03 its was probably the Angel that gave her the strength to break it
- Sachi

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:11 am

if they created the Eva...why give them mouths in the first place?

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:03 am

master0rolando wrote:if they created the Eva...why give them mouths in the first place?
Cuz Evas are giant humans, and humans have mouths.

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:24 pm

Shin-seiki wrote:Cuz Evas are giant humans, and humans have mouths.

NO WAIZ!!! :shock:
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:35 pm

i still think they are giant mutated Rei clones.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:04 pm

WHAT????? Rei is a Lilim and the Evas are clones of Adam so how exactly does that work?

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:59 pm

im embarassed to say, english dub(lol) of 23' . and crappy logic.

"What? evas are human?"
"Yes, inside each eva is a human soul. But the only one that can hold a soul, is Rei."

My reasoning was that Rei clones were soulless, which made sense. The 'evas are human' part, suggested that the bodies were somewhat human. Clone Rei is supersized and morphed.. (gene therapy with adam dna?) and built into an eva. Then soul is taken during a contact experiment, and finally the guinea pig's kid becomes a pilot. Presto eva! As I mentioned earlier in a different thread, Evas have to grow from something, you can't manufacture Adam DNA into an entire massive body without putting it in something and letting it grow.

MAL Profile

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:19 pm

Question: Did Eva 00 even HAVE a mouth?
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:09 pm

V wrote:Question: Did Eva 00 even HAVE a mouth?

yes, she just had a really big chin and no upper lip!

"Photo
- Sachi

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:01 pm

The fact that EVA-00 has two separate jaw pieces seems to imply that, yes, there is a mouth under there.

As for Evas being human -- however you want to interpret Ritsuko's words, they are based upon Adam, the "first human"* and mother of the race of "humans who abandoned human form"...

* Which is true in the sense of Adam being the first human to inhabit Earth.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Coded to the Core
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Coded to the Core » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:02 am

I don't Know why exactly , But sense they are a living Bio-mechanical creature it's rather common sense to add a mouth to them , Also the whole Eva Body is Anatomicaly (sp?) Correct , And you can see that in there hands legs and the way the muscles are destrbuted on the Eva skilliton so yeah eva's as a concept design do resemble human forms. And yeah Eva's roar and stuff i suppose .
I am a lilith .. YAY .. *those jerks* :/ ...

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”